• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
With Hudlin Black Panther getting the Complete Edition Sign of Approval, there would be only 12 Issues of Post-2000 Black Panther left uncollected.

Say whatever you want, but unless its the Inhumans, Marvel knows how to push the old books for their movies.

Edit: its 6 issues and even that is from Hudlin and will get the Complete Collection.
Great! So they have everything in Print

With Hudlin Black Panther getting the Complete Edition Sign of Approval, there would be only 12 Issues of Post-2000 Black Panther left uncollected.

Say whatever you want, but unless its the Inhumans, Marvel knows how to push the old books for their movies.

Edit: its 6 issues and even that is from Hudlin and will get the Complete Collection.
Great! So they have everything in Print

I find it strange how stuff could be uncollected. Like that Batwoman story Jock drew is only just being collected.

caliph95

YmGX0pA.jpg

Which BB? If you mean Jaime, they're all there last I checked. If you mean Ted, no clue. No idea what his supporting cast usually is.
Jaime.

Just reread some of the first Ms. Marvel issues and something stuck out to me: a newsreport says Carol Danvers hasn't used the Ms. Marvel name for several years. Didn't she switch in 2012 and Kamala debuted in 2013? How wacky is the 616 timeline? :p

This is bleeding cool but I thought this was worth sharing anyway.

It's just very small twitter drama but I figured it was a pretty clear case example of someone who considers themselves an ally going about things the wrong way.

Basically it goes:
Well-meaning-ally mentions Hernandez brothers as notable LGBTQ creators. Notes they are not LGBTQ themselves but that their work is brilliant like that.

A couple people point out its not cool to say that. That no matter how well a creator may write or draw LGBTQ characters, that doesn't make them LGBTQ creators, let alone before others who are LGBTQ.

Well-Meaning-Ally asserts their allyship and maintains they're right and not missing any point and how could you criticize what I just said. Don't you know I'm very pro LGBTQ

And that's it, well-meaning-ally shuts the conversation down and takes criticism as personal attack.

I'm not LGBTQ myself. But it's pride month, so I just thought it might be a good idea to spread this article written by a gay man on this and remind well-meaning-allies (that includes me!) not to do this

Anyway: comics

Read some Squirrel Girl last night. It was dope. Que sorpresa.

Any website that does Frank Quitely prints?

Kinda want something from All Star Superman, either Supes sitting on a cloud or that one of him flying close to the sun.

skybald

So what #2 or 3 issues are people dropping this week? I don't think Bug the Forager is up my alley, so I am cutting it loose.

Superman #24
So this was great. Gleason alternating with Mahnke to pay homage to What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?. I don't know much about Manchester Black outside of Superman VS. The Elite, though, so I feel a little lost as to how his powers work and
how he was in another dimension.
Since I've only seen the movie, all I recall is that Superman removed his powers and he got sent off to prison or wherever.

Great issue. Absolutely fantastic.

Vic_Viper

I refuse to believe that Marvel won't put Black Panther into the base game.

That's a Wolverine palette swap waiting to happen.

Holy Crap your totally right! If you cant have Wolverine in MvCI at launch and with the movie coming out soon, how does Capcom not include Black Panther in their roster at launch. After the initial roster was announced I went from buying the game day one to wondering if Ill even get it now. The story mode better be really good because thats the only thing that is keeping me interested. If they can do something along the lines of Mortal Kombat 9/Injustice then ill be happy, just hope its not basically the same thing they did for SFV.

I cant believe there is a Dragonball Z fighting game coming out that looks better than a new Marvel vs Capcom lol. Especially after the mess that is Street Fighter?

There are still so many good characters not from the Fox properties they could have used like Daredevil and Iron Fist. Hell Iron Fist was in the last one even and was a ton of fun to play but since he was DLC most didnt even try him until Ultimate came out.

Superman #24
So this was great. Gleason alternating with Mahnke to pay homage to What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?. I don't know much about Manchester Black outside of Superman VS. The Elite, though, so I feel a little lost as to how his powers work and
how he was in another dimension.
Since I've only seen the movie, all I recall is that Superman removed his powers and he got sent off to prison or wherever.

Great issue. Absolutely fantastic.

I love that they brought back Frankenstein and the Bride.lol!

Vic_Viper

I'm convinced Gamora wasn't gonna be in the game until Ono got invited to the GotG2 world premier.

Another perfect example of a character that should be in the game lol. She wasnt part of the initial roster announced so far right?

Just got my Bishoujo Thor! Its freaking huge lol, had no idea it was this big.

I keep telling myself I'm going to head over to the art museum and check that out, would be real cool. I used to live literally 5 minutes from there as a student, many a drunken walk past lol

I've been meaning to go since it opened. My girlfriend's taking me this weekend, looking forward to it. I feel it might be a lot like the millarworld exhibit a couple of years back though.

I've been meaning to go since it opened. My girlfriend's taking me this weekend, looking forward to it. I feel it might be a lot like the millarworld exhibit a couple of years back though.

Ho ho! Is this what I think it means btw? Have we another Scotsman in the house, or are you just visiting? If so, we just need to let Hagi out of the closet, find another and we can have the world's most intimate comics cèilidh

I can only imagine the millarworld exhibit being the most self aggrandising thing for Sir Mark -_-

I love that they brought back Frankenstein and the Bride.lol!
They showed it in the previous issue when Supes discovered that weird rift where they were holding everyone. Weird that they wouldn't let them leave. Like, why bother keeping them.
Is Titans and Red Hood the only good team DC books right now? How about Trinity?
Detective Comics

JLA and Birds of Prey are decent as well

Ho ho! Is this what I think it means btw? Have we another Scotsman in the house, or are you just visiting? If so, we just need to let Hagi out of the closet, find another and we can have the world's most intimate comics cèilidh

I can only imagine the millarworld exhibit being the most self aggrandising thing for Sir Mark -_-

HA! I typically just say I'm British for simplicities sake! But I can be counted as Scottish if you want.

What was wierd was Millar was in the corner wanking the entire time... Saw some Gorlan Parlov pages though!

HA! I typically just say I'm British for simplicities sake! But I can be counted as Scottish if you want.

What was wierd was Millar was in the corner wanking the entire time... Saw some Gorlan Parlov pages though!

Lol. Not only would I believe that, but it's probably only a matter of time until that's reported on the front page of Bleeding Cool as news now

If there's a scale, where Justice League is a 1 and Red Hood is a 10, Trinity is probably 5 or 6. Like, it's pretty solid, with VERY good art, but it's not super interesting or well paced.

I dunno man. That first trade was surprisingly solid, but it still has some strong issues.

stn

You know what I'd be really down for? An Injustice spin-off comic focused on pissed off/evil Superman.

Urgh, this eternal storm is giving me a nasty headache. I'm turning in for the night. Hoping some JRPG news will be waiting for me in the morning.

Top Bottom