• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

VanWinkle

I dunno man. That first trade was surprisingly solid, but it still has some strong issues.

I mean, I don't think it's a 10 on a scale of one to ten. I am just using a scale of Justice League to Red Hood with numbers to help place Trinity.

I do think it's really good, though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Why has now everyone to do that stupid shuttereye thing in Spider-Man Stuff?
Swinging looks great, the Arkham Asylum Sequences... i am not sure.

I mean, I don't think it's a 10 on a scale of one to ten. I am just using a scale of Justice League to Red Hood with numbers to help place Trinity.

I do think it's really good, though.
It is, but it lacks. Mostly in dialogue: there is no believable chemistry which was a problem in the previous RH books as well. He has the voices, but can't seem to make them mesh. Artemis' voice is questionable, since her dialogue is a weird mashup of Amazonian and modern, but that makes sense to a degree because she's an outcast. Raised as an Amazon, yet clearly isn't. I also realize they wanted a Dark Trinity, but really it feels like "we have these characters from our three pillar families, but we have no idea what the fuck to do with them." Which is fine, but I can't be bothered to give a fuck about Bizarro. I cared more about him in Forever Evil than I did here. Lobdell can't seem to get me to emotionally invest. I'm interested in their stories, but more out of curiosity than emotional investment. And I'm mostly curious about Artemis, since we all know Bizarro and Red Hood's story a million times over.
How is nobody talking about
MILES
in Spider-Man!!!!

That was my e3 megaton
Previous page

Tizoc

Sony E3 conf seems pretty meh compared to MS.

MvC new trailer, they didn't even try to change it.

Gameplay matters in the end, and from what I saw in the gameplay vid, it looked fine. Not as colorful as UMvC3 but it's passable. Looking forward to Jedah though, but man Capcom need more of their villains in these crossovers...

Swinging mechanic looks very fun, the Stealthsequence not so much.

But I am tired as fuck and feel like dying, I would otherwise most likely be more enthusiastic

It's the animation of Spiderman that gets me. So crisp, fluid and powerful. It's realistic but I don't think you could do any of that on film in reality.

This is so sad:
12_mvci2017e3screensh3burs.jpg

Why does Chun Li look like a fucked up Zhao Wei in the MVCI cutscenes

Finished Legend of WW. I enjoyed it enough, but it isn't exactly my favourite WW story.

shingi70

Banned
Read Lobster Johnson volume 2. Tonci Zonjic is my new favourite artist!

Very uneven, the first Milligan stuff is very different than the remote run. And then the final stuff at the end is a boring crossover that ruins the paving of the book. It did have some cool ideas during the end.

Got a nice early father's day present this morning:

Always wanted to check these out since Mig is on art, but just never got to them since he didn't write them, so pretty inspired buy, very please! Apparently there is one more on the way still veiled in mystery lol

Also, I don't like to straight rag on things, but that Marvel Vs Capcom trailer from the Sony presser, jeez lol. They would have been better off just doing nothing.

Read Lobster Johnson volume 2. Tonci Zonjic is my new favourite artist!

Zonjic is great. Multiversity had a really nice (if small) article recently going over his process for the covers of vol 5 and 6 of the trades, it was neat. Another artist that outlived the Edmondson stink too haha

Got a nice early father's day present this morning:
Always wanted to check these out since Mig is on art, but just never got to them since he didn't write themselves, so pretty inspired buy, very pleased. Apparently there is one more on the way still veiled in mystery lol

I've always loved the ship designs in Salvation. Been meaning to reread it actually.

Zonjic is great. Multiversity had a really nice (if small) article recently going over his process for the covers of vol 5 and 6 of the trades, it was neat. Another artist that outlived the Edmondson stink too haha

Really surprised that DC haven't picked up Zonjic. Seems like someone they would want in their stable.

I've always loved the ship designs in Salvation. Been meaning to reread it actually.

Really surprised that DC haven't picked up Zonjic. Seems like someone they would want in their stable.

Yeaaa, I actually don't know a ton about him outside of the page, but I wonder why the Lobster books are paced as they are. He might just not be cut out for a monthly rate, they definitely come slower than anything else. Maybe he just isn't interested haha I'm not sure what else he gets up to. Glad to see the Fiumaras getting some recognition, I think it was Sebastian that was on ASBM recently. They killed on Abe.

First time for me with the Alien book, so ready to be wowed! :D

Top Bottom