• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Dead Drop wins by virtue of being shorter.

3o7buirYcmV5nSwIRW.webp

Malyse

Let Cruise be Maxwell.

He's kinda charismatic, and a box office draw. I feel like he'd need to be intensely charismatic yet able to turn on you like a dime, into someone sneering, manipulative and controlling. A charismatic bastard.
And no one would suspect him.

----

I'm happy that mockingbird is wearing her "ask me about my feminist agenda" tshirt.

And no one would suspect him.

----

I'm happy that mockingbird is wearing her "ask me about my feminist agenda" tshirt.

Fine, we'll rope Messi in to play the DCEU Maxwell Lord as the Black King of Checkmate, and Olivia Munn can play the Black Queen. Box office gold?

Vic_Viper

Anyone read the Defenders yet? Does it include the scenes from the FCBD issue? How was the issue as a whole? Really been looking forward to it and I cant pick it up till after work.

Also how was Secret Empire #4? Another big cliffhanger at the end? Did this one have the backup story?

Malyse

The reason I don't like DC events is because I frequently don't feel like I have a good grasp on what's going on. People said rebirth was a good hopping on point, but I literally don't know wtf just happened in Dark Days the Forge. I can tell it's doing call backs, but I don't know to what. I'm probably going to skip metal; I don't like having to read wikia to understand the event I just read.

The reason I don't like DC events is because I frequently don't feel like I have a good grasp on what's going on. People said rebirth was a good hopping on point, but I literally don't know wtf just happened in Dark Days the Forge. I can tell it's doing call backs, but I don't know to what. I'm probably going to skip metal; I don't like having to read wikia to understand the event I just read.
Metal is apparently gonna be drawing on a bunch of Snyder's older stuff. Probably not a great jumping on point.

Malyse

Metal is apparently gonna be drawing on a bunch of Snyder's older stuff. Probably not a great jumping on point.
I feel like a lot of DC events are like this. I think the Button and Lazarus Contract are exceptions in that you could very much not be reading one of the comics (I wasn't reading Flash or Deathstroke at the time) and still be able to follow along. But I really don't have a clue about anything in Dark Days. It looks like it's a paradigm shift too, so I'm worried something big might happen in it.

------

PSA Jolly Rancher soda is the worst thing.

Ya'll are making me feel like I shouldn't have bought Dark Days: The Forge. The only Snyder stuff I've read is Court of Owls and I jumped into comics with The New 52 so I don't think I'd get these references. I looked at a few spoilers on the comicbooks subreddit and had no idea wtf I was looking at until I read the comments.

I feel like a lot of DC events are like this. I think the Button and Lazarus Contract are exceptions in that you could very much not be reading one of the comics (I wasn't reading Flash or Deathstroke at the time) and still be able to follow along. But I really don't have a clue about anything in Dark Days. It looks like it's a paradigm shift too, so I'm worried something big might happen in it.

------

PSA Jolly Rancher soda is the worst thing.

Well, they way they're been talking about it, it seems more like they're using it as a spinoff point for the Dark Matter line than something with implications for the rest of the 'verse. So I don't think it'll be required reading like Doomsday Clock probably will be.

Future's End butchered Terry Mcginnis' debut in the New 52. He became a discount Kyle Reese!

Malyse

So I guess I'm reading Deadpool now. The SE tie ins have been super good.

Also, Ellie is the best. I like kid characters in books: Layla Miller, Molly Haynes, Ellie, Gabby.

Messi

How do y'all not go bankrupt having weekly access to IST. I can only do orders every 3-4 months and pay 100+ in shipping. If I lived in the USA I'd be dead

Malyse

Yup all the Daredevil spin-offs are.
Oh.

----

If we're talking bad art, issue 4 of Elektra and every issue of Generation X is rough. Like, it's a struggle to read cause it's distractingly bad.

-----

I feel like I missed an issue of Defenders and this is the first issue.

tim1138

Something happened?

I generally don't buy a lot of print stuff anymore, but when I do I just order it from Amazon. IST shipping has always been super slow for me so whatever difference there is in price is offset by how long it takes to get stuff.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with Dead Drop is that it felt like Kot didn't really get the characters he was writing. They were all written very one-note, and the story didn't make a lot of sense.

I feel like Dead Drop is one of those books like the newest Hawkeye, where the inside of the book doesn't justify the great cover.

Top Bottom