• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

The problem with Dead Drop is that it felt like Kot didn't really get the characters he was writing. They were all written very one-note, and the story didn't make a lot of sense.

I read it in a one-er and really loved the pace and sense of urgency it had. It's actually like onle Kot I've liked. Zero and Wolf I found lacking.

Malyse

On a scale between Marvel moder animation and Mask of the Phantasm, where would the Wonder Woman Animate movie be?
I loved it slightly less than Patty's version.

-----

Gwenpool is my favorite comic and it's becoming clear that she's straight up Scarlet Witch level powerful. Like, more broken than you can imagine.

IrishNinja

caught up on secret empire...what book did Steve lift mjolnir in though? I just keep seeing it referenced

also 9 issues of this is way too long but here's to padded events hopefully taking a break when legacy finally gets started

caught up on secret empire...what book did Steve lift mjolnir in though? I just keep seeing it referenced

also 9 issues of this is way too long but here's to padded events hopefully taking a break when legacy finally gets started
11 issues counting the FCBD and #0 issues.

Ya'll are making me feel like I shouldn't have bought Dark Days: The Forge. The only Snyder stuff I've read is Court of Owls and I jumped into comics with The New 52 so I don't think I'd get these references. I looked at a few spoilers on the comicbooks subreddit and had no idea wtf I was looking at until I read the comments.

It's just fun comics. I don't know why people need to overcomplicate it. No one on earth got into comics with a completely continuity free issue. If something is unfamiliar, filling in the blanks yourself is literally the fun of reading superhero comics.

Future's End butchered Terry Mcginnis' debut in the New 52. He became a discount Kyle Reese!

Future's End butchered a lot of things.

Such a mistake.

It's just fun comics. I don't know why people need to overcomplicate it. No one on earth got into comics with a completely continuity free issue. If something is unfamiliar, filling in the blanks yourself is literally the fun of reading superhero comics.

I agree with this completely. People make too much of a big deal out of missing continuity moments, imo. If you don't know what a thing is, that's fine. Treat it like a little mystery :p

Messi

Does it change at all after the first 3? I thought those were just ok.

That's what the book is.

But look at this.

vsWph3E.png

Malyse

That's not fun at all.

Ya'll are making me feel like I shouldn't have bought Dark Days: The Forge. The only Snyder stuff I've read is Court of Owls and I jumped into comics with The New 52 so I don't think I'd get these references. I looked at a few spoilers on the comicbooks subreddit and had no idea wtf I was looking at until I read the comments.

Dude, I got into comics through Infinite Crisis so....

As Birdie said, no one gets in via some continuity free issue. I read Infinite Crisis and wanted to discover more about pretty much every character, it was bananas. Now you can read Johns' Hawkman, more of Snyder's Batman run and so on :p It'll be a fun ride!

I agree 100%

Does it change at all after the first 3? I thought those were just ok.

That's just the way it is. It's ok BLL, we can't agree on every book :(

I read Dark Days: The Forge and it just reinforced why I don't care for Batman. Keeping all them secrets to the point of
putting a secret cellar under your friend's house and not telling him what's inside wow that's disrespectful. Superman should know better from experience, that could have been a kryptonite bomb that batman put there as a contingency plan. And lol at Duke protecting the Batcave by drop-kicking anyone who goes in there even the Justice League.

Dark Days was suuuuuper dope. It's definitely a question that raises way more questions than it answers, which is good because it's the first issue of an event and that's what they're supposed to do.

Also, while I know that it's not going to be dealing with Manhattan/Rebirth directly, I don't really see how a lot of it is possible without accounting for Manhattan fuckery. No way does all of that fit into the N52 timeline elsewise.

Dark Days was suuuuuper dope. It's definitely a question that raises way more questions than it answers, which is good because it's the first issue of an event and that's what they're supposed to do.

Also, while I know that it's not going to be dealing with Manhattan/Rebirth directly, I don't really see how a lot of it is possible without accounting for Manhattan fuckery. No way does all of that fit into the N52 timeline elsewise.

It reminds me of Orignal Sin from Marvel in a way. It seems that Dark Days is connecting the dots between the different character backstories and exploring the secrets.

I read it in a one-er and really loved the pace and sense of urgency it had. It's actually like onle Kot I've liked. Zero and Wolf I found lacking.

Mmm Wolf I would give you, but Zero was sooo good, I loved that run. Just super clever with all the different collaborators involved. Have you read Material? Ed mentioned it recently but that really was great too, and super concise/easy to check out.

Ben Reilly Spidey is one weird book. I don't think Ben is going to be redeemed any time soon
(dude sent killers after Kaine and is just a real asshat in general)
so fans of his must be pissed.

Martian Manhunter / Marvin Martian was not really what I was expecting. The main story was just so damn serious! A lot like the Orlando MM book, but not as well written (or drawn). All around a kind of disappointing effort. The backup was fun, though.

Mmm Wolf I would give you, but Zero was sooo good, I loved that run. Just super clever with all the different collaborators involved. Have you read Material? Ed mentioned it recently but that really was great too, and super concise/easy to check out.

Zero has that problem you get with some comics where as soon as you start reading you know it's a story thats suppose to be 30 to 40 issues long and you won't find out any of those answers until the end and you'll have to wait 6 years because they don't have the more traditional arc structure so you decide to wait only for the creator to stop or cancel the book due to low sales and it never gets resolved and therefore there is no reason to care in the first place.

I've heard good things about Material too but I'm just not into Kot. Objectively I can say he's a good writer but just doesn't write anything that grabs me.

Oh and I read volume 3 & 4 of Lobster Johnson. That's some great pulp inspired comics right there.

Oh and I read volume 3 & 4 of Lobster Johnson. That's some great pulp inspired comics right there.

Haha yes, I can agree with that, it's really good comics. Arcudi has come so far with the Lobster, it's been such a thrill ride. I'm glad there's going to be some new trades soon-ish. If Mike brings Grim Death to comics (and I bet he will), that's got a real Lobster streak to it but with some really dark undertones.

Now, Bugs Bunny & The Legion of Superheroes, THAT was just utterly delightful. Humphries writes comedy really well, and the art paired perfectly. The backup was another take on the same plot beats as the first, and it wasn't quite as well done, but I liked the Superfriends art.

just a random thought, but i am still dreaming of a Savage Dragon live action movie...

It would be like Hellboy but with The Raid-like fight scenes and action ....

Drooooool....
output_j04KAC.gif

i dropped it

I had dropped it too but then today I saw it on Comixology and since my usual pull didn't come out today I bought it just to have something to read. It's not really a good comic or a bad one, just weird and feels like barely anything happens every issue. But I wanna know what the heck is going on with Ben and Kaine is awesome so I gotta keep getting it.

My kid started reading miles morales after I kept buying the trades after USM died. Really have enjoyed his arc and the Spider-Man series with miles is pretty great. Any other comics out there like this?

Top Bottom