• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

dan2026

My summer reading is sorted. I actually wanted to reread Annihilation as well because I forgot most of it, but it's impossible to find. I need to stop buying these now, bought Animal Man and X-Statix ages ago and didn't read them yet.

The cosmic Marvel of that era is some of the best stuff Marvel has ever done.

tkscz

Picked up SuperWoman, HULK, RedHood and the Outlaws, Flash and Titans. Finished Flash and Thawne showing off again why he's top villain.

Superflat

Sorry to hear that dude. Some cunts will steal anything.

Dang that sucks. I have only had one item go missing like that. Of course it had to be Zelda:BOTW got a refund and bought it digitally because I needed to play as soon as possible

It delivered at 10:44am and I checked the door literally ten minutes later. It's just mind boggling. Vol 2 is coming tomorrow and I will flip my shit if the same thing happens. Worst part is that I won't be home tomorrow till late afternoon. Peace of mind about deliveries is out the window now, lol

If you're gonna do a +$50 order, try out www.instocktrades.com, it's where a lot of people buy trades since they're cheap as hell there.

At least it is if you're in US, not sure about other countries.

Cool tip! I used Amazon for same-day shipping (though technically it was overnight). So much for that plan >:l

I have a request. Please recommend me the current top 10 of the best monthly comic series which are on the market at the moment (10 because i only have money for ten per month).
Thanks!

East of West
Green Lanterns
Curse Words
Daredevil
Deathstroke
Seven to Eternity
Kamandi Challenge (dunno how much longer this is going)
Copra
X-O Manowar
Black Bolt

How was Sejic's first Aquaman issue? And how was The Defenders? I really want to check that out but I'm askeert to drop $5 on a Bendis book.

It delivered at 10:44am and I checked the door literally ten minutes later. It's just mind boggling. Vol 2 is coming tomorrow and I will flip my shit if the same thing happens. Worst part is that I won't be home tomorrow till late afternoon. Peace of mind about deliveries is out the window now, lol

Cool tip! I used Amazon for same-day shipping (though technically it was overnight). So much for that plan >:l

Do you have an Amazon locker near your place. Could use that to be safe.

Sandfox

Marvel.com: Is there anything else you can tease about what’s in store for our heroes? Any surprises headed our way?

Charles Soule: Absolutely: there’s something big about this series that I haven’t discussed anywhere at all yet—and Marvel’s been great about working with me to make sure we keep a lid on it. There’s a key element to this book that I think will have people very excited, but I think it’ll be best for fans to discover it in the book itself. My Twitter feed should be interesting that day, for sure.

I wonder what this will be.

VanWinkle

Dark Days: The Forge was pretty interesting. Not totally captivated by it. Certainly didn't feel like a one-shot to me like they advertised it as. It was 100% all set-up with no payoff. I really enjoyed the Hawkman stuff. Really nice writing.

Also, JRJR's worst art of his career. I honestly believe that.

tim1138

I have a request. Please recommend me the current top 10 of the best monthly comic series which are on the market at the moment (10 because i only have money for ten per month).
Thanks!

PS. Saga is already on my list.

Green Lanterns
Squirrel Girl
Shade the Changing Girl
Doom Patrol
Curse Words
I Hate Fairyland
The Wild Storm
Super Sons
Giant Days
Birthright

Anyone read Winnebago Graveyard? It looks alright but i'm a bit unsure of Steve Niles IN 2017

To give Rosenberg the benefit of the doubt, if this happened at a point where he was still writing (assuming he writes books months in advance), he probably had way more leniency at BMS than at Marvel; Marvel probably has him under a contract and missing those dates would be a good way to get into trouble.

If he ended up only writing #4 a few months ago, they would still need to give the artist several months to complete that one and get back on schedule again.

However, #5 doesn't come back until December, so I have no idea man lol

They're a small press publisher and I imagine 4 Kids is a much more focused collaborative effort than Venom or Secret Warriors. Combined with his personal life problems I really don't think there's that much to it

mreddie

Generations_The-Marvels_Cvr.jpg
Kamala has to make a joke about Carol's costume.

Also, Mahvoo giving more singers their own book.

skybald

Anyone read Winnebago Graveyard? It looks alright but i'm a bit unsure of Steve Niles IN 2017

I never read any of Niles before. WG has a House of 1000 Corpses vibe to it. Satanic cult 70s movie vibe and the tropes that go along with it. The art is spooky to boot.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Batwoman Elegy was pretty good, liked the story and writing, art was gorgeous. Gonna have to pick up some more volumes, up to at least volume 4.

dan2026

You just wanna see a half naked Brie Larson. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You don't?

To be honest I associate Carol's latest costume with her being insufferably obnoxious.
Which probably biases me a bit.

She was somehow written better with the old suit.

You made such a nuanced argument yourself. Many layers, much reasoning.

Do you even like comics? You are constantly shitting on stuff. It's not healthy.
The fuck?
Always shitting on stuff? I don't remember shitting on anything, except Captain Marvel who is pretty awful at the moment.

Sandfox

You don't?

To be honest I associate Carol's latest costume with her being insufferably obnoxious.
Which probably biases me a bit.

She was somehow written better with the old suit.

The fuck?
Always shitting on stuff? I don't remember shitting on anything, except Captain Marvel who is pretty awful at the moment.
Not really. She's pretty much the same except with a bigger spotlight and influence.

Vic_Viper

That Carol costume is fucking terrible. My goodness.

Seriously, wtf were they thinking when they designed that lol. I got going for the OG costume but why add the belly?

Edit: Didnt see the old Captain Marvel cover, my bad. Still doesnt look right imo in that image. Much prefer the Black and Yellow or even the latest costume.

fauxtrot

Banned
They should give her this costume back.
Its so much better than the one she has now.
And the long hair suits her better too.

You know a costume is bad when they have to add a sash that serves literally no purpose but to make it look a little less like she's just wearing a bathing suit with thigh high boots.

dan2026

Ah you all have terrible taste.

Black and yellow Ms Marvel outfit for life.

On a completely different note, how has Dan Abnett's Aquaman run been?
I usually quite like his work.

Anyone have any suggestions for where to pick up Spider-Man? Should I just start from brand new day? I've read like five issues and the writing is uh... not good. Lol is there a point where the story picks up?

Top Bottom