• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Messi

Post it Zombine

I got you

8QtLpLv.jpg

VanWinkle

A little over halfway through the massive 1,400 page JSA Omnibus Vol. 2. Was a little slow going through the first ~400 pages ( though still great) until the seven issue arc about Mordru I just finished. That just flew by, and it was fantastic. Actually, that marked the end of the Geoff Johns/David S Goyer run, and now I'm getting into the Geoff Johns solo stuff. Which I've heard is the best the series is.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How do you even market a book? I've never seen any marketing for a comic besides the odd Youtube video they upload on Youtube.

[edit]

Like, what are some good examples of comic book marketing done well? I genuinely don't think I've ever seen any.

I just finished Love & Rockets: Esperanza, which means I'm done with Locas before New Stories. Feels weird, since I've been reading this on and off for over a year now, and now I'm almost done. This one was focused mostly on Vivian and was just as good as the previous volumes. It's great as always to see Maggie, Hopey, and their ever growing cast grow up and interact with one another along with new faces. Jaime's art continued to be fantastic, especially when it came to showing the age of the characters. Master level artist.

I have The Love Bunglers waiting for me, I'll get to it eventually.

Also been reading more Thor which is also quite good for the most part. Just now getting to the ANAD run. Matt Wilson's coloring is gorgeous.

I would say all of the new X-Men books got decent to good marketing compared to other books.
...There was literally no interviews with the team of Iceman in the months before the first issue was out. They didn't even market it as coming out during pride month. A bunch of retailers, creators and sites called Marvel out for it. This marketing is too late, the books has been ordered 3 months in advance.

Sandfox

...There was literally no interviews with the team of Iceman in the months before the first issue was out. They didn't even market it as coming out during pride month. A bunch of retailers, creators and sites called Marvel out for it. This marketing is too late, the books has been ordered 3 months in advance.

There are actually multiple interviews from months ago.

The early stuff that far out is for selling the book to retailers, but I said it was decent-good compared to other books because it was featured in the trailer Marvel put out, listed at the end of every other X-Men book that has already released, and got articles in publications like The Advocate during pride month.

Messi

Well colour me surprised. I read the newest Deadpool 10$ issue and it's 81 pages of main story by one art team (including Jordie Bellaire!). Continues the current story and tells a fun space adventure. I have less of a problem with this when it's all one story and not a 25 page story and the rest is 2-3 page mini random stories like the other ones. Also Sif was in it.

Speaking of Iceman, I really enjoyed the first issue of his solo comic and am actually looking forward to reading the series until it inevitably gets canceled.

wait what where

I think the vandal savage stuff is the
bit with the tribes, the wolf tribe was vandal savages caveman tribe. That was one of the stone tablets Hawkman was looking at.

I read Dark Days and enjoyed it a lot, it was a pretty bold issue because it pretty much seems like a build up issue to a new crisis. I think reading it I got about two thirds of it, the rest was old references and mysteries there going to reveal later on.

Looking it up I managed to
recognise Plastic Man (why he's being kept prisoner though I don't know), the outsiders, blackhawks, but I would never have known the cosmic tuning fork from original crisis and the tribes stuff in a million years without looking them up after.

The bit with the joker also confused me a bit I would say. It looked like endgame joker, but I thought that joker was changed after end game and became the almost normal human looking guy bruce was talking to on the bench in the superheavy arc.

Really seems like DC is pulling in different directions at the moment, they started rebirth as a fresh slate to restart characters stories and introduce new readers, but now there going deep into 52 and pre 52 lore with all these references to past characters and stories. Confuses me a little that there trying to do both now.

She was somehow written better with the old suit.

Better written? That arc where she got raped by her future son and then gave birth to him?

I just finished Love & Rockets: Esperanza, which means I'm done with Locas before New Stories. Feels weird, since I've been reading this on and off for over a year now, and now I'm almost done. This one was focused mostly on Vivian and was just as good as the previous volumes. It's great as always to see Maggie, Hopey, and their ever growing cast grow up and interact with one another along with new faces. Jaime's art continued to be fantastic, especially when it came to showing the age of the characters. Master level artist.

I have The Love Bunglers waiting for me, I'll get to it eventually.

Awesome. I thought I would catch up but I got distracted by X-Statix and now Monsters Are My Favourite Thing.

Is The Love Bunglers in the Love and Rockets New Stories issues?

So is it just me or has Magik become a serious heavy hitter these days? Outside of limbo she mostly got relegated to the team teleporter before the reboot and now she is casually taking down characters like the vision and Colossus with one swing of her soul sword. Not to mention casually teleporting entire groups across thousands of years at a time.

Not to mention the straight-up Rampage she went on in Inhumans vs. X-Men

Our girl Illyana ain't fucking around.

Messi

She also "fell" in love with the son because it's technically still the rapist with "subtle manipulations"(whatever thameans, nothing good) while the avengers IIRC were happy for them

Jim shooter wrote an apology

Ah yes, the good ol days

So is it just me or has Magik become a serious heavy hitter these days? Outside of limbo she mostly got relegated to the team teleporter before the reboot and now she is casually taking down characters like the vision and Colossus with one swing of her soul sword. Not to mention casually teleporting entire groups across thousands of years at a time.

Not to mention the straight-up Rampage she went on in Inhumans vs. X-Men

Our girl Illyana ain't fucking around.

It's about damn time. YAAAAAS QUEEN!

Ah yes, the good ol days

It's about damn time. YAAAAAS QUEEN!

She is my #3 favorite Marvel character so I'm definitely not complaining. Only Taskmaster and Aikku are higher for me.

It seems like she's become one of the X-Men's real powerhouses.

Emma Frost seems to be kind of going through the same thing. Mind-controlling Magneto so easily for so long was a pretty impressive feat in IvX.

Secret Empire United spoilers.
And now she did the same to Xorn even with this helmet.

Top Bottom