• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

mreddie

1 Secret Empire #1
2 Venom #150
3 Batman #22 Lenticular Edition
4 Flash #22 Lenticular Edition
5 Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout #1
6 Secret Empire #2
7 Batman #23
8 Secret Empire #3
9 All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #1
10 Walking Dead #167

Malyse

Another Castke is my favorite thing. God that art is so gorgeous.

Also, Disney should let Amy Mebberson do digital shorts.

mreddie

When Marvel Legacy #1 spins out of Generations, it won’t just team-up modern Marvel heroes with their predecessors – it’ll go all the way back to the dawn of Marvel’s timeline to introduce the Avengers of 1,000,000 B.C., featuring some surprising and familiar faces.

According to Marvel, the Avengers B.C. (consisting of Odin and Agamotto alongside ancient versions of Iron Fist, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Phoenix, and Star Brand) are just the tip of the iceberg for Marvel Legacy #1.

“Marvel Legacy #1 isn’t simply a history lesson,” said Marvel Senior VP and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort in a statement. “Rather, it’s the starting gun to a bevy of mysteries and secrets and revelations that will reverberate across the Marvel Universe in the weeks and months to come! No character, no franchise will be untouched by the game-changing events that play out across its pages. Jason and Esad pulled out all the stops to fat-pack this colossal issue with as much intrigue, action, surprise, mystery, shock and adventure as possible!”

You know Marvel, this would have been good if you haven't told me Generations, Legacy and the SE Omega were all happening weeks of each other.

You know Marvel, this would have been good if you haven't told me Generations, Legacy and the SE Omega were all happening weeks of each other.

And all are spinning out of each other so you need like 25 issues to be caught up, most of which are $4.99 or more.

Oh awesome, I can't remember if it was Thor of Strange, but Aaron referenced some of these characters before right? I remember the Iron Fist and Ghost Rider references and thinking it was cool he was playing with that mythology.

Edit: that's right. Different era as the Legacy issue will take place, but you can see his intent to explore the legacy aspect to these characters in mighty thor #6-7, the strongest viking there is two partner. Very cool.

Sandfox

DCd_u5HW0AAB44T.jpg:large
Completed cover

And all are spinning out of each other so you need like 25 issues to be caught up, most of which are $4.99 or more.
You obviously don't have to read all of that stuff.

Oh awesome, I can't remember if it was Thor of Strange, but Aaron referenced some of these characters before right? I remember the Iron Fist and Ghost Rider references and thinking it was cool he was playing with that mythology.
Yup.

Completed cover

You obviously don't have to read all of that stuff.

Yup.

I don't understand why that Legacy cover has everyone but Captain Marvel in their old costumes. And if the event is about returning characters to their regular status quos why is she on there in the first place instead of Mar-vell?

Sandfox

I don't understand why that Legacy cover has everyone but Captain Marvel in their old costumes. And if the event is about returning characters to their regular status quos why is she on there in the first place instead of Mar-vell?
I'm guessing it's branding-related. Carol is a part of that era, but want her to be seen as Captain Marvel

IrishNinja

the former: ouch
the latter: a few points (weal villain cast, not wanting to be spidey etc) are dead on..the racial stuff that "sounds like a white guy that doesn't know about racism" is straight bendis

ahahaha jesus Spencer, just wrap it up man

capullo can do good art but damn this ain't it
watch him blame the sjws somehow

I wanna be surprised but after secret war's ending literally bleeding monthis into ANAD I'm not

Edit: that's right. Different era as the Legacy issue will take place, but you can see his intent to explore the legacy aspect to these characters in mighty thor #6-7, the strongest viking there is two partner. Very cool.

aw what - that's awesome, gotta reread those now
cool that Aaron planted these seeds, cant wait for generations & legacy now

also is esad ribic just covers or interior too? cause I love dude but his work isn't usually timely

Sandfox

the former: ouch
the latter: a few points (weal villain cast, not wanting to be spidey etc) are dead on..the racial stuff that "sounds like a white guy that doesn't know about racism" is straight bendis

ahahaha jesus Spencer, just wrap it up man

capullo can do good art but damn this ain't it
watch him blame the sjws somehow

I wanna be surprised but after secret war's ending literally bleeding monthis into ANAD I'm not

aw what - that's awesome, gotta reread those now
cool that Aaron planted these seeds, cant wait for generations & legacy now

also is esad ribic just covers or interior too? cause I love dude but his work isn't usually timely
Ribic is doing the interior and Quesada did the cover.

IrishNinja

Ribic is doing the interior and Quesada did the cover.

hoo boy
I'm getting em mixed up now though - when do generations & legacy start, and how long are they both going for?
also isn't October typically when we see a shakeup of cancellations & new titles?

Sandfox

hoo boy
I'm getting em mixed up now though - when do generations & legacy start, and how long are they both going for?
also isn't October typically when we see a shakeup of cancellations & new titles?

Generations is 10 one-shots releasing August-September and Legacy #1 releases in September. They haven't released details about the line yet.

mreddie

Harley turns 25
HARLEY QUINN 25TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1
Written by AMANDA CONNER, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, PAUL DINI and CHIP ZDARSKY
Art by AMANDA CONNER, CHAD HARDIN, JOE QUINONES and others
Cover by AMANDA CONNER
Variant covers by JIM LEE and BRUCE TIMM
Celebrate twenty-five years of Harley Quinn with this collection of stories by some legendary Harley talent and some who’ve never drawn her before! How does Harley manage her insanely jam-packed life on Coney Island? What haven’t we seen from her past with the Joker? And can even Harley’s psychological acumen crack the twisted mind of…Robin, the Boy Wonder?

Your
wrong
choice!

Nah. I mean, you're probably partially right, but I think something about her resonated with the fans and DC just ran with it. So it was smart marketing on their part once she began gaining popularity. I doubt the intention for her to be this big was there from the start.

Sandfox

Nah. I mean, you're probably partially right, but I think something about her resonated with the fans and DC just ran with it. So it was smart marketing on their part once she began gaining popularity. I doubt the intention for her to be this big was there from the start.

It's a shame they couldn't do the same for Static and John Stewart when they were on TV.

Ross61

DC caught the wave, nobody could blame them.

Vic_Viper

[quoite=]This September, prepare to MAKE MINE MARVEL with the most surprising, suspenseful, mysterious, astonishing tale ever told, featuring appearances from almost every beloved Marvel hero! It all leads to the return of a major Marvel icon in a shocking reveal that will leave fans speechless![/quote]

Professor X is coming back!?
/s

Wonder who it could be lol. It has to be Franklin right? I mean after Secret Wars he's the one that created the current MU.

Kinda wish this wasn't just a one-shot though, eve if it's 50 pages. This better bring back some of the OG classics.

Wonder who it could be lol. It has to be Franklin right? I mean after Secret Wars he's the one that created the current MU.

How many casuals even know who Franklin is? I'd wager the whole affair is going to be underwhelming, in any case.

I really need the Fantastic 4 back, though.

mreddie

Kinda wish this wasn't just a one-shot though, eve if it's 50 pages. This better bring back some of the OG classics.

It's gonna be Banner. Ike still has that FUCK FOX shit,

Top Bottom