• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

I think it was some obscure company that handled THB, though. I bought the Paul Pope hardcover from Image, One-Trick Rip-Off + Deep Cuts and that was a really nice collection of some of his work.

He self published all of that. He said he was putting out a big remastered collection years ago but he also said I'm sure at some point that he doesn't harass women, so who knows.

About 80% or so done with My Favourite Thing is Monsters. Damn, this is a bloody difficult read. I would strongly recommend going into this without spoiling yourself. It goes in directions I didn't expect after the first few pages. It gets so damn dark. It might give you a little relief for a few pages and it then punches you in the face and drags you back into a dim alley to beat up on you some more.

Art is brilliant throughout. Trying to find non-spoiler pages to post.

lj5kZgn.jpg

Did you listen to it? If so, what did you think?
Just as boring as I think it will be (when I actually read the issue). It's just what I expected. He's gay and an Omega mutant. I did like the fact that Sina said his favorite Iceman was Mike Carey's Iceman.

I just don't care about Iceman, but maybe I'll enjoy this book. I'm not a Jean Grey fan either, and I wasn't a fan of the book's concept because I felt it to be tired and derivative. But I'm really digging the book so far (#1 & #2).
So I translated the binary here. It says 'Impossible!'

How anime of you, Vision.
Moment's cool, but that dialogue doesn't seem like something Magik would say.
yeah it was that and consent
slam-dunk-college.gif

dh4niel

I get the strangest feeling that when the Spider-Man PS4 game comes out and does well or even before it does come out, Activision will re-release a ton of those old PS3/360 Spider-Man games for a quick buck. Y'all Wanted Spider-Man: Friend or Foe HD, right? :p

I get the strangest feeling that when the Spider-Man PS4 game comes out and does well or even before it does come out, Activision will re-release a ton of those old PS3/360 Spider-Man games for a quick buck. Y'all Wanted Spider-Man: Friend or Foe HD, right? :p

They delisted all the older ones from Steam awhile back.

I'd take a PC port of Edge of Time, tbh. Not a very good game but I enjoyed the story and voice acting.

Done with My Favourite Thing is Monsters. Such an emotional roller coaster. Definitely one of the best comics I've read this year. Not jumping to calling it the best because when I reached the end, I realised this was just the first half of the comic. The second half is releasing early next year -_-. A lot of loose threads at the end but still a pretty great read by itself with a good stopping point.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That caught my eye the other day when I was at Barnes and Noble, flipped through the book a bit, pretty unique art.

Done with My Favourite Thing is Monsters. Such an emotional roller coaster. Definitely one of the best comics I've read this year. Not jumping to calling it the best because when I reached the end, I realised this was just the first half of the comic. The second half is releasing early next year -_-. A lot of loose threads at the end but still a pretty great read by itself with a good stopping point.

I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for posting it

Just as boring as I think it will be (when I actually read the issue). It's just what I expected. He's gay and an Omega mutant. I did like the fact that Sina said his favorite Iceman was Mike Carey's Iceman.

I just don't care about Iceman, but maybe I'll enjoy this book. I'm not a Jean Grey fan either, and I wasn't a fan of the book's concept because I felt it to be tired and derivative. But I'm really digging the book so far (#1 & #2).

Moment's cool, but that dialogue doesn't seem like something Magik would say.

slam-dunk-college.gif

Yeah, Magik trashing Vision was great, but her dialogue was really weird in the whole issue. Magik's not an easy character to write in a convincing way.

Where is this from lol, its the first time ive seen it and cast stop watching.

Who is this kid just walking around and why are everyone else wearing orange accept him?
Fuck if I know
Yeah, Magik trashing Vision was great, but her dialogue was really weird in the whole issue. Magik's not an easy character to write in a convincing way.
I felt Bendis did a good job. First time I read anything with her and I liked her a lot. She's tough because she's this weird combination of dark and reserved, yet sardonic and still somehow childish.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So after years of having a digital library card I finally went to my local library to get a physical card after donating some old books. I borrowed a bunch of comics including Darkwing Duck vol 1 and 2, Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, both All Star Superman trades, Preacher Vol 1, Archie(2015) vol 1,Old Man Logan and Power Girl Power Trip.

Just finished reading All Star Superman. I never really cared for the character outside of the JL cartoons and now I'm a fan. Supes was done really well here and it was great seeing him not be an invincible god. And now I finally understand that panel I've always seen posted. Also it it now baffles me how they portray him in the current DC movies after seeing how they portrayed Wonder Woman.

So after years of having a digital library card I finally went to my local library to get a physical card after donating some old books. I borrowed a bunch of comics including Darkwing Duck vol 1 and 2, Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, both All Star Superman trades, Preacher Vol 1, Archie(2015) vol 1,Old Man Logan and Power Girl Power Trip.

Just finished reading All Star Superman. I never really cared for the character outside of the JL cartoons and now I'm a fan. Supes was done really well here and it was great seeing him not be an invincible god. And now I finally understand that panel I've always seen posted. Also it it now baffles me how they portray him in the current DC movies after seeing how they portrayed Wonder Woman.

If you dig Superman, you should check out the current ongoing series if you can ever get the chance. Fucking great.

VanWinkle

What is this from? I really like it.

Oh man, if you're looking for more great Superman stories:

Superman For All Seasons (Loeb/Sale)
Superman Birthright (Waid/Leinil Francis Yu)
Superman Secret Identity (Busiek/Immonen)
Superman American Alien (Max Landis/Various)

I used to not be a fan of Superman at ALL, but now he's one of my favorite characters (when done well).

mreddie

Saw the Avengers cartoon, wow, they just didn't give a fuck. And they basically pushed every main Avenger to other dimensions to prop up the new crew. Kinda half assed but Wacker ain't gonna make a new show before this one ends.

Fuck if I know

I felt Bendis did a good job. First time I read anything with her and I liked her a lot. She's tough because she's this weird combination of dark and reserved, yet sardonic and still somehow childish.

Bendis did a great job with her on dialogue for sure. That said, he was really a big part of the fact she got reduced to the 'Magik School Bus', and didn't really ever let her contribute meaningfully in any conflict that didn't involve Limbo. That annoyed me to no end.

Whatever its other problems, Extraordinary X-Men really let Magik carry her weight.

Bendis did a great job with her on dialogue for sure. That said, he was really a big part of the fact she got reduced to the 'Magik School Bus', and didn't really ever let her contribute meaningfully in any conflict that didn't involve Limbo. That annoyed me to no end.

Whatever its other problems, Extraordinary X-Men really let Magik carry her weight.

Bendis' run did have her murdering babby Xavier during Battle of the Atom. So she has that. They do lampshade the reliance with teleportation, but the Limbo arc is there for awhile and it is important. Plus, because Bendis wrote such a small team, she got to be the one that kept the others on their toes. She had her role in the team and it worked, though I do agree that it was nice in EXM that she got a much bigger role.

Nelo Ice

Banned
If you dig Superman, you should check out the current ongoing series if you can ever get the chance. Fucking great.
Keeping up with comics is way too pricey so I'll probably wait for trades or a sale. Like I went ham on that Amazon Marvel sale because it was all so cheap even though I don't have a tablet to read all the comics I bought lol.
Oh man, if you're looking for more great Superman stories:

Superman For All Seasons (Loeb/Sale)
Superman Birthright (Waid/Leinil Francis Yu)
Superman Secret Identity (Busiek/Immonen)
Superman American Alien (Max Landis/Various)

I used to not be a fan of Superman at ALL, but now he's one of my favorite characters (when done well).
Thanks for the recommendations. Just checked my local library's catalog and they only have Secret Identity and American Alien. I'll go ahead and return All Star Superman tomorrow and check those out. I'm also up for any DC or any general comics I should read that are hopefully at my library. Though I'm good with Marvel since again that last sale was nuts.

Bendis' run did have her murdering babby Xavier during Battle of the Atom. So she has that. They do lampshade the reliance with teleportation, but the Limbo arc is there for awhile and it is important. Plus, because Bendis wrote such a small team, she got to be the one that kept the others on their toes. She had her role in the team and it worked, though I do agree that it was nice in EXM that she got a much bigger role.

Yeah, true. I might just still be salty about the part where she and Cyclops both stared like idiots at a helicarrier missile for like literally 10-15 seconds before it blew them both to hell for a plot contrivance. It was so forced it left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole run.

Battle of the Atom all around is just...euugh, too. I hate what they did to Molly Hayes.

Spectacular Spider-Man has leaked and according to BC
Peter's sister Teresa is showing up again as a cliffhanger.

Oh, and they've also heard the F4 are not part of Legacy.

Top Bottom