• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

jOIXODI.jpg
Someone owned this..................

J_Viper

Before the Scott Snyder sale ends, I'm debating if I want Batman & Robin Eternal...

I haven't even started Batman Eternal yet, but that discount looks pretty good

Also, if I have Batman: Endgame, do I also need to buy Joker: Endgame?

shingi70

Banned
Even if Avengers Assemble is good now, which I highly, HIGHLY doubt, it's just so goddamn ugly. That said, I don't think there are any action-focused western cartoons right now that look good so it's not unique to Assemble.

That new Spider-Man show looks horrific as well.

Justice League Action, Steven Universe, and Star Wars Rebels looks great. So does Voltron.

Messi

Any suggestions for good romance/slice of life comics? I know manga does a LOT of them, but I don't see as many in the west.

Lesbian BDSM love and friendship series 'Sunstone' by Stjepan Sejic.

Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore

Both incredible and exactly what you are after.

Blader

Any buzz on the Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man book starting this week? I've been out of the Spidey comics game a while (just couldn't stand Slott's dialogue anymore) and with a new, seemingly back-to-basics book starting up soon, I was wondering if now might be a good time to dive back in, but I don't know anything about the author.

Just read Dark Days: The Forge, enjoyed it. One question, this is basically introducing the 'reincarnating egyptian' Hawkman and Hawkwoman into the New52 timeline yes?

Speaking of the Hawks, I'm so effing excited for the Hawkworld Byth Saga volume to come out.

Someone wrote and drew this

I hop he just bought because ut has Frank Millers name and was ignorant of his modern stuff or just a collector.

Even ignoring the lets say "problematic shit" it's a shit comic
I read an Amazon review where the person gave it 5 stars and said it's good if you ignore the politics and Islamophobia. lol

mreddie

What do you mean?

They tell people about the books but don't explain how sales work and then give the bullshit response oh people didn't click with it and they give it 5 issues.

Crosspost from the Avengers cartoon thread, because I think it deserves a little push:

Just to update people who (for whatever reason) ignore the show: If you can get over the (mostly) Villain of the week theme, this has gotten pretty good after 1.5 seasons. It had the Justice League Squadron Surpreme in a few good episodes, a bunch of Ultron stuff, the (original!) Thunderbolts, and a pretty meh Inhumans arc but I guess Marvel properties have to, these days, among other quite okay episodes. It's certainly no EMH, but it's doing quite alright.

Alright, the update: The newest season (4) just started, and the opening two-parter uses its version of the "Cabal" (Leader, Enchantress, Skurge, Kang, Arnim Zola) to send the Avengers to some unknown place, so they are effectively out of the show for a while.

This opens up the series to the (I shit you not, it's actually been said!) All New, All Different Avengers team consisting of Captain Marvel (who is legit great in this), Kamala Khan (who is Ms Marvel and also great), The Vision, Black Panther, Ant-Man (the cool one) and Wasp, plus Jane Foster as the new behind the scenes tech gal, effectively making the team actually amazing now.

I hope the original Avengers will stay away from this for all eternity, but who am I kidding, it'll probably last like 3 episodes if that. This team is just SO much better.

So yeah, you might wanna check up on it now. Thank Bufbaf and above-medium or good Avengers episodes will come to you.

Enjoy the new team as much as you can, the old crew will get their own episodes.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm going a wee bit crazy checking out like almost every comic I want from my local libraries lol. I'm good with like the 10+ trades/omnibuses I have to read though. It did take some willpower not to grab stuff like the Gotham Central and Spidey Macfarlane Omnibuses since I already have too much to read within the 3 weeks before I have to renew or return books. Though I did get the Stracinzky Thor Omnibus. Figure one omnibus and a bunch of trades should be plenty until I grab another Omnibus.

caliph95

oh hey, caliph posted some panels from THE BEST COMIC IN THE UNIVERSE.
the caliph of comics only here to please his subjects
Sorry Kirkman disagrees
Code:
[IMG]https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STL027562?type=1[/IMG]

Also holy hell Wasteland is great

caliph95

Happy Father's Day!
Code:
[img]https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/dakenfs14.jpg[/img]
That was sad because Logan feeling of failure and regret but also so bloody cathartic for drowning such an unrepentant asshole
I don't feel sorry for him
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zgymEoD.jpg[/IMG]

Messi

Who said Extremity was a miniseries? The first trade is listing as Vol 1 collecting 1-6. They generally don't put volume 1 on books when its a miniseries.

That was sad because Logan feeling of failure and regret but also so bloody cathartic for drowning such an unrepentant asshole
I don't feel sorry for him
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zgymEoD.jpg[/IMG]
I think Daken would be really interesting to write right now with all of the different Wolverines running around. Not being able to resolve his daddy issues since daddy is dead. Like a four part X-Men Gold/Weapon X/X-Men Blue/All-New Wolverine crossover.

Who said Extremity was a miniseries? The first trade is listing as Vol 1 collecting 1-6. They generally don't put volume 1 on books when its a miniseries.

First I've heard of it. But if it were a limited series as opposed to a mini, they would do numbered trades. Something in the neighborhood of 10-12 issues, let's say.

Messi

First I've heard of it. But if it were a limited series as opposed to a mini, they would do numbered trades. Something in the neighborhood of 10-12 issues, let's say.

Someone here said it was a 6 issue mini like God Country

Edit: I asked on twitter and he responded. Its gonna be around 12 issues. I guess you were correct...this time.

I will say, Giant Days has beautiful trades even if they are only 4 issues. I hope the hardcover is good quality.

He's coming up in an issue of Ice-Man.
Guaranteed odds it has to do with the fact that he's bi.
He was also just in
this week's issue of All-New Wolverine.
Fuck I need to read my damn comics.
I thought Daken was dead. And why is he cosplaying Hanzo now?
He was killed by Logan, then resurrected by the Apocalypse Twins using a Death seed. He survived all of that shit along with Grim Reaper, Sentry, and possibly Banshee. Banshee and Sentry haven't shown back up (as far as I know), Daken is just showing up now apparently, and Grim Reaper was killed by Virginia.

Also that was always one of his main looks.

He was killed by Logan, then resurrected by the Apocalypse Twins using a Death seed. He survived all of that shit along with Grim Reaper, Sentry, and possibly Banshee. Banshee and Sentry haven't shown back up (as far as I know), Daken is just showing up now apparently, and Grim Reaper was killed by Virginia.

Also that was always one of his main looks.

Huh. I read that whole bit with the Apocalypse twins. Was it all really that forgettable?

Top Bottom