• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

List
Batman #25
Green Arrow #25
INVINCIBLE #137
Nightwing #23
Superman #2

Might pick up the new arc of Aquaman pending feedback, but I haven't touched it since issue #13.

Superflat

So I got Gwenpool Vol 1 & 2, and the issues up to the current 17 so I'm all caught up. The only issues I found that were mostly unneeded were issues 14 & 15. Couldn't wait for those to end. Other than those the only other complaint I had were the jarring artist changes for the "less essential" stories. Strychalski's art on some issues were just ok, and Haynes's artwork was rrrrrrooouuugggghhhhh. Give me Gurihiru or give me death.

Like, this background (among many other examples):

rHY9TWS.jpg

Did they have a week to make this instead of a month?? A simple style is fine, but jesus. The line-work triggers me. Look at that brick wall. It's a terrible wall. And then the playdoh cars (I would say traced free-hand?), and the non-existent perspective. And overlapping lines they didn't bother to erase.

Anyhow, issues 16 & 17 are the best yet. I have no idea where they go from here.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wait, why aren't they putting Batman 21 and 22 in the third trade? So if I want to read The Button, I have to either have the floppies or find whatever trade they're going to put those 2 into?

tim1138

Wait, why aren't they putting Batman 21 and 22 in the third trade? So if I want to read The Button, I have to either have the floppies or find whatever trade they're going to put those 2 into?

They're going to be in the Button hardcover with the Flash issues.

Black Panther Monday flash sale on CMX. All of the old books and Coates' run up to #12+some Cage, Misty and Storm books(guess this is supposed to be a The Crew themed sale?). Pick up Priest's books if you haven't.

List
---------------------

The Wild Storm #5. Zealot issue!

This series is making me want to pick up the alternate covers...

And the cover for #6 is out too!

List
Batman #25
Green Arrow #25
INVINCIBLE #137
Nightwing #23
Superman #2

Might pick up the new arc of Aquaman pending feedback, but I haven't touched it since issue #13.

Has Batman improved for you or has it just become a habit...

Pretty behind on comics, been on vacation, but damn The Forge felt epic and dense. Really interested in how this turns out because it seems separate from the Rebirth stuff, but just as important if not more important.

Man, I'm having a pretty good day. Got The Amazing Screw-on Head to go with those other Mignola comics from before the weekend, and a ticket to see the UFC eventin Glasgow in July. It's been too hot to read the last few nights, but I need to dive into these comics. Been replaying Ori instead, that game is so sad :( like it's kind of uplifting? But there's definitely a slant towards the heartbreak despite the visuals.

Aizo

Banned
I watched the 2009 Wonder Woman movie tonight. I really didn't like it. Steve Trevor is a sexist douchebag framed as that sort of "lovable pervert" that's really prevalent in Japanese media. I can't believe this movie was co-written by Gail Simone. Steve lectures her about gender politics. Why was this shit in the movie? I thought Diana wasn't very Diana-like, either.

Paste magazines Best Comics of 2017 (so far) list.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/05/the-20-best-comics-of-2017-so-far.html

Many books I enjoyed are on the list (My Favourite Thing..., The Best We Could Do, Wild Storm, Sticks Angelica) so I should definitely give the rest a shot.

Anyone read Shattered Warrior?

Also, I didn't know there was a Matt Fraction/Jonathan Coulton book called Solid State?

I'm going to have to fill in some holes based on this list. Thanks for posting it. Beowulf doesn't seem to be on CMX; that's bizarre, and as a fan of David Rubin, I am heartbroken about it. :(

skybald

List
All New Guardians of the Galaxy #4

Head Lopper #6
!!!!

Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1
This better be good

Plastic #3
2 was so much better than the first issue. I hope this keeps up.

Z-Nation #3
Well already have my preorders in for 4 and 5. But this comic is going nowhere and takes place on a dumb boat. None of the charm or campiness of the show.

Has Batman improved for you or has it just become a habit...

It's more the latter. I've bought Batman for years and would portably pull it if Greg Land was on art.

In fairness, the Button and the Swamp Thing issues were really good, so I was feeling some momentum. Then King went back to the Well of Stupidity with this whole Cat/Bat soap opera.

Also, I didn't know there was a Matt Fraction/Jonathan Coulton book called Solid State?

As far as I know, this was initially released maybe a month or so ago, exclusively as part of a preorder bundle for a CD haha probably why it was quite a low key release. It is being released widely at some point though, I think it showed up in Image solicits.

It's more the latter. I've bought Batman for years and would portably pull it if Greg Land was on art.

In fairness, the Button and the Swamp Thing issues were really good, so I was feeling some momentum. Then King went back to the Well of Stupidity with this whole Cat/Bat soap opera.

Spoiler alert. Superhero comics are soap operas.

mreddie

How is Spencer gonna spin this shit?

Secret Empire #1 Tops May 2017 Sales Chart... But is Outsold by Batman #22\

Also, Hulk, America and Iron Fist all dropped like rocks. Wasp and Gwenpool in the Danger Zone.

Top Bottom