• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Ross61

That's going to be six months of fill ins by the time Robinson is done. DC is going to need a huge name to revive interest in WW after that.

Pretty bummed by this announcement but its good to see that James back. Robinson loves the DCU more than almost anyone he was clearly very bitter at being jerked around Earth 2 and it proposed spin off book.
Already have 2 alternating artist so won't be a need for that.

tim1138

I wonder who has a contract expiring or run ending in 2018 that they could be keeping Wonder Woman open for with these fill in runs?

Already have 2 alternating artist so won't be a need for that.

I meant that Fontana and Robinson's two arcs will take up nearly six months even with double shipping. Its been a year since the Darkseid war wrapped up so I don't expect this story to generate a ton of interest.

He's made up with DC then?

One of BC's (i know, i know) articles a while back - when DC was pissing away talent in the New 52 - said something along the lines of "Everyone is friends with Geoff Johns, no one is friends with Dan Didio". With the New 52 having been Didio's baby and Rebirth firmly being Johns' - and the deluxe Robinson books in recent months - he probably feels a bit better about the people he'd be working with.

I watched the 2009 Wonder Woman movie tonight. I really didn't like it. Steve Trevor is a sexist douchebag framed as that sort of "lovable pervert" that's really prevalent in Japanese media. I can't believe this movie was co-written by Gail Simone. Steve lectures her about gender politics. Why was this shit in the movie? I thought Diana wasn't very Diana-like, either.
I liked the movie but Steve was the absolute worst. His romance with Diana did not feel earned and I hated that he tries to make the "both sides" argument. The good news is the live-action 2017 movie makes Steve very likable and not an overt sexist pervert. I'm really tired of "Man visits a women-only civilization and acts like a huge asshole" trope. Even Luffy from One Piece didn't fall for that trope.

Messi

Secret Warriors is actually not bad!

Same goes for Black Bolt. The fact remains that people don't want Inhumans.

DCti6kBWAAAy5To.jpg

I am so disappointed that Rocket cover does not have his dongle hanging out. That cover is inaccurate!

Secret Warriors is actually not bad!

That won't save it.

When does the bubble burst? I want it to burst now please. $3 comics come on Marvel let's beat Rebirth :(.

$4.99 is only for #1's at the moment, isn't it? If every issue ends up being $4.99, they're fucking themselves. Once they inevitably try for $5.99 they are also F'd in the A.

Shouldn't it be? The problem with doing an FF book without the actual FF is attempting to recreate a dynamic that simply can't, nor should, be recreated.

But I need Susan Storm in my life.

I think it would have to be someone closer to the team.

Franklin Richards is the obvious choice. He can take Reed's place. That dude was a supervillain time bomb anyway.

You start the ongoing now so the first trade is out when the tv series hits.

Makes sense. But then I don't know why they would expect this thing to sell big now. Especially at that price.

You'd think Bendis and Marquez star power would have been enough to make it sell great.

It was a legit good book. I think if anything is holding back their sales it's their pricing.

DC has slowed down on the variant covers compared to Marvel but I want another Bombshells month D:

They'll do another one when they need material for another round of Bombshell statues. Nothing is stopping this train.

You'd think Bendis and Marquez star power would have been enough to make it sell great.

Doesn't help that the book got launched right as Marvel started announcing another major rebranding of their entire comic line. So you got people who look at it as another potential case of immediately getting cancelled and relaunched for Legacy.

Marvel really needs to go all out with their promoting of the various titles getting renumbered for Legacy.

Sandfox

Makes sense. But then I don't know why they would expect this thing to sell big now. Especially at that price.

It was a legit good book. I think if anything is holding back their sales it's their pricing.

They'll do another one when they need material for another round of Bombshell statues. Nothing is stopping this train.
Marvel is probably thinking more about the trade thing for their timing, while Big Bang ordered super big for no logical reason. They did the same thing with Fury.

WS #7 cover!

Damn, the trade cover! I want to double dip for this cover. Hopefully it is included in the eventual Deluxe (or Absolute) edition.

Ennis' Dastardly and Muttley. I still don't know if I want to read this.

The Demon trade is being reprinted. Flintstones v2 is also coming out, so I can finally read that series.

Ooh, I've never actually read either of these. Might be interesting.

SEBASTIAN O/THE MYSTERY PLAY DELUXE EDITION HC

Written by GRANT MORRISON

Art and cover by STEVE YEOWELL and JON J MUTH

Two of Grant Morrison's most intriguing works are collected in a single hardcover volume! First, in the three- issue miniseries SEBASTIAN 0, Edwardian dandy Sebastian O is out for revenge on the members of a shadowy, sordid gentlemen's club that had him committed to a mental institution. Hunted by assassins, Sebastian believes he will triumph by means of his exquisite fashion sense! Then, in the graphic novel THE MYSTERY PLAY, an actor portraying Satan is accused of murdering the actor playing God in a Renaissance festival, bringing a rural English village to the edge of self-destruction.

On sale OCTOBER 18 • 168 pg, FC, 7.0625" x 10.875" • $29.99 US MATURE READERS

Still not sure about Absolute Wild C.A.T.S. Does it hold up at all?

Sandfox

According to Bleedingcool, Marvel is planning on cutting back on the number of books they put out as part of Legacy.

There has been criticism that Marvel expanded successful titles too quickly, diluting interest in the franchises as a whole and killing the geese that laid the golden eggs.

So, as Marvel Legacy is upon us, it looks like we should expect fewer launches to replace cancelled titles, one title for characters where there were two before, and for Marvel to consolidate its comic books a little.

What is even happening?

It’s a red-letter day for the good folk of Unliklistan as they start to power up their first atomic reactor. But after pushing the wrong button, the ultra-rare radioactive element, unstabilium, has been released into the atmosphere! Now it’s up to pilot Lt. Col. Richard “Dick” Atcherly and his navigator Captain Dudley “Mutt” Muller to save the day. Will they safely complete their mission? Or are things about to get a little...wacky?

I am not against the concept. Clearly DC is doing a great job with curating the line. My worry is whether we'll get Hitman Ennis or The Boys Ennis.

oh, so apparently there's another volume of My Favorite Thing is Monsters coming next year? Amazon has a listing for it. I saw it while comparing prices on the first volume yesterday.

Code:
[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81whD3l-0qL.jpg[/IMG]

Top Bottom