• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

shingi70

Banned
Who did the first one? Something seems a little wonky with that anatomy.

Otto Schmidt he's one half of the Green Arrow art team.

UWyRd1k.png

tumblr_n7z0ar6cgg1rnvulyo1_500.jpg

f764923be2705f379dce790bd1542cc95b76f855_hq.jpg

green-arrow-5-reasons-starting-scratch-235526.jpg

oh, so apparently there's another volume of My Favorite Thing is Monsters coming next year? Amazon has a listing for it. I saw it while comparing prices on the first volume yesterday.

Code:
[MG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81whD3l-0qL.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, only Book 1 is out. But it has a fairly decent stopping point.

ElNarez

Banned
Just give him something by Gillen and McKelvie and he's happy

okay y'all want me to show my list, is that what it's gonna take? here's shit I'm into this week, don't let anyone believe I'm not enjoying things

All-Star Batman #11
Aquaman #25
Batman #25
Batwoman #4
Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye #9
Green Arrow #25
Nightwing #23
Super Sons #5
Superman #25
Trinity #10
Wild Storm #5

Black Monday Murders #6

Mighty Thor #20
Nick Fury #3
Royals #4
Ultimates #8

the Phonogram homage covers ruled
okay y'all want me to show my list, is that what it's gonna take? here's shit I'm into this week, don't let anyone believe I'm not enjoying things
This is definitely a list of things you're buying, but i'm gonna need full reviews on Wednesday for each of them to prove that you're enjoying them

arkon

I am not against the concept. Clearly DC is doing a great job with curating the line. My worry is whether we'll get Hitman Ennis or The Boys Ennis.

I reckon it'll be more on the Hitman end of the scale. His stuff seems to be reined in a bit when he's not writing for mature imprints, especially for Marvel or DC projects. e.g. Where Monsters Dwell at Marvel.

But I need Susan Storm in my life.
I would love to have her back, but as it stands we have no idea if she ever comes back. That team dynamic shouldn't be recreated outside of the OG FF.

Franklin Richards is the obvious choice. He can take Reed's place. That dude was a supervillain time bomb anyway.
Franklin is chilling with his parents and sister. Any of those four members are immediately out
According to Bleedingcool, Marvel is planning on cutting back on the number of books they put out as part of Legacy.
Well that's nice. RIP anything Ewing is doing.

ABSOLUTE WILDC.A.T.S HC
Written by BRANDON CHOI, JIM LEE, SCOTT LOBDELL, ERIC SILVESTRI,
CHRIS CLAREMONT and others
Art by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILIAMS, MARC SILVESTRI and others
Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
Twenty-five years ago, Jim Lee premiered the legendary team known as WildC.A.T.s and help launch Image Comics. Now, Jim's entire WildC.A.T.s run is collected for the first time in one oversized Absolute volume, including WILDC.A.T.S #1-13 and #50, CYBERFORCE #1-3, WILDCATS #1 and WILDC.A.T.S/X-MEN: THE SILVER AGE #1. This edition also features remastered color for WILDC.A.T.S #1-4, the unpublished script for WILDCATS #2 and a new cover by Jim Lee!
On sale DECEMBER 13 • 624 pg, FC, 8.25" x 12.5" • $125.00 US
Damn. I need this.

Yeah, only Book 1 is out. But it has a fairly decent stopping point.

Yeah but 2018 tho.

I need to see what's coming out this week. I don't even bother looking half the time.
I look every time

Aliens Defiance #12
Aquaman #25
Batwoman #4
Cave Carson #9
Wild Storm #5
Black Monday Murders #6
I Hate Fairyland #13
Invincible #137
All-New Guardians #4
Rapture #2

No Shirtless Bear-Fighter?

I didn't really like the preview I read in whatever book I read the other week that had it... I was all like "can this be over now?"

Franklin is chilling with his parents and sister. Any of those four members are immediately out

Is this still because Marvel has that hate-boner for FOX?

Sandfox

Yeah but 2018 tho.

I need to see what's coming out this week. I don't even bother looking half the time.
I look every time

Aliens Defiance #12
Aquaman #25
Batwoman #4
Cave Carson #9
Wild Storm #5
Black Monday Murders #6
I Hate Fairyland #13
Invincible #137
All-New Guardians #4
Rapture #2

I didn't really like the preview I read in whatever book I read the other week that had it... I was all like "can this be over now?"

Is this still because Marvel has that hate-boner for FOX?

Based on what we've heard it all Perlmutter. Things seem to be loosening up in terms of merchandise though.

Messi

“Vote Harley” part one! The corrupt mayor of New York City has been a thorn in Harley’s side since the day he stepped into office…and now he’s crossed the line one time too many! Harley’s usual methods of dealing with problems like this have failed her, so it’s time for a more unconventional solution…is New York City ready for Mayor Harley Quinn? It better be!

10980589.gif

Messi

This is the month with the anniversary one-shot with Chip as a guest writer along with the normal team and Dini, right?

I'm turning in for the night~

Yup. She is in lots of books this month.

Suicide Squad x 2
Harley x 3
New Superman
Teen Titans
Bombshells
Injustice 2

shingi70

Banned
One thing about current comics that sorta annoys me is you can't really writer a story about Batman or Spider-man fighting organized crime. I guess you could use Nightwing or Miles instead.

Messi

This is gonna be interesting with the Titans based out of Manhattan.

(Or it should be anyway).

I am willing to bet it is completely self contained within her solo book like all her books changes. Hell Harley is in Teen Titans that month and it doesn't mention it as Metal is ongoing.

shingi70

Banned
Daredevil?

It can still work with Daredevil, but i always thought a big cornerstone of Batman and Spider-man is how well they meld to fighting supervillians aas well as common racketeers.

I feel that both of their status quo's make them too powerful too fight your run of the mill gangsters.

VanWinkle

I'm unbelievably happy that Nightwing Deluxe and WW Deluxe are between 350 and 400 pages long! PERFECT length for a OHC. I'm always annoyed when Marvel puts out an ongoing series OHC and it's only like 248 pages.

Messi

I'm unbelievably happy that Nightwing Deluxe and WW Deluxe are between 350 and 400 pages long! PERFECT length for a OHC. I'm always annoyed when Marvel puts out an ongoing series OHC and it's only like 248 pages.

How do you feel about Harley being 304 though...or Detective being 288...Superman 272...Arrow 288...SUICIDE SQUAD 216 (WTF)

VanWinkle

How do you feel about Harley being 304 though...or Detective being 288...Superman 272...Arrow 288...SUICIDE SQUAD 216 (WTF)

Wait, this solicit says SS is 296. Although, I don't know. If it's SUICIDE SQUAD #1-8, SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH #1 and the HARLEY QUINN AND THE SUICIDE SQUAD APRIL FOOL'S SPECIAL #1, 296 seems too many. 216 might make me not buy it.

Superman will be over 300, brah. It collects Rebirth #1 and #1-13.

Green Arrow I think was cancelled. :( At least for now. Makes me so sad.

Messi

Wait, this solicit says SS is 296. Although, I don't know. If it's SUICIDE SQUAD #1-8, SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH #1 and the HARLEY QUINN AND THE SUICIDE SQUAD APRIL FOOL’S SPECIAL #1, 296 seems too many. 216 might make me not buy it.

Superman will be over 300, brah. It collects Rebirth #1 and #1-13.

Green Arrow I think was cancelled. :( At least for now. Makes me so sad.

Green Arrow didn't get cancelled. It was Green Lantern and the Corps that got canned.

The numbers I got were from Amazon.co.uk.

Some of those Suicide Squad issues were...short.

VanWinkle

Green Arrow didn't get cancelled. It was Green Lantern and the Corps that got canned.

The numbers I got were from Amazon.co.uk.

Some of those Suicide Squad issues were...short.

I could have SWORN it was cancelled, but I just checked the Edelweiss Catalog and, there it is, still stays forthcoming. YES.

Sad about HJ and the GLC, though. :( And Aquaman.

But yeah, pretty much everywhere but Amazon.co.uk says Superman Deluxe will be 336. BUT, Action Comics is fewer than 300.

Messi

I could have SWORN it was cancelled, but I just checked the Edelweiss Catalog and, there it is, still stays forthcoming. YES.

Sad about HJ and the GLC, though. :( And Aquaman.

But yeah, pretty much everywhere but Amazon.co.uk says Superman Deluxe will be 336. BUT, Action Comics is fewer than 300.

Aquaman is still listed on Amazon is that gone? Why would they remove Green Lantern and not Aquaman from listings? Green Lantern still pops up in my wish list but just says unavailable.

VanWinkle

Aquaman is still listed on Amazon is that gone? Why would they remove Green Lantern and not Aquaman from listings? Green Lantern still pops up in my wish list but just says unavailable.

I think co.uk is kind of terrible keeping updated. I had heard Aquaman got cancelled a couple of months ago at least, and it got taken off of Amazon US shortly thereafter. Edelweiss still says it's cancelled. Don't know why Amazon UK is so bad at it. I remember them keeping Batman and Robin by Morrison Omnibus on there forever while it was long cancelled.

Messi

This is the I Hate Fairyland OHC cover. If Skottie actually did it the pink is faux leather. He was checking samples recently.

Also nice of Wiebe to still call Rat Queens Vol 4 in the trades so it doesn't mess up the collections. I wonder how he will do the deluxe vol 2 though as we are most assuredly not getting the tess stuff collected.

Top Bottom