• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
-writes down everything on a pad-

30/6-6/7. We're still debating where to stay(will be me, my father and two of my little sisters).

That's a good amount of time. In addition to what Abundant said, especially the KBBQ, I'd say that there's a lot of really good hikes or different intensity levels if that's your thing. A few of the movie studios offer tours, the Warner Bros one is pretty cool. and Universal Studios has a Harry Potter section that's great if any of you are into it.

There's also some cool breweries around, I like The Arts District Brewing Co in downtown, and Golden Road is pretty cool.

Then there's always just walking around in Venice or Santa Monica near the beach.

Well, looks like my vacation plans are finished. I'm going to LA and stopping by in NYC for 3 days on the way back to Sweden.

Any recommendations on things in LA?

I enjoyed my trips to Thai Town, some great restaurants. And there are also some great Wagashi stores in Little Tokyo. (Fugetsu-do).

I also surprisingly enjoyed the Universal Studios visit.

ITSMILNER

ComicGAF, I need your help!

One of my favourite times in Marvel were the mid-late 90's stuff, very nostalgic for me. In particular, I remember loving the Spider-Man run starting from when Peter Parker took over being Spidey after Ben's death, through the Spider-Hunt, Gathering of five ad up to the Final chapter storyline.

I've hunting online to see if this run has been collected in TPB form, I can see Marvel have collect the Clone Saga, Ben Reilly saga and the rebooted late 90's Spider-Man stuff but not the run in the middle I'm looking for.

So, my question is, has this run been collected yet? If not are there plans to collect it like they have done with all the other Spidey runs of that era?

Bonus question, was the Fantastic Four and Iron-Man runs (After the Heroes Reborn story) ever collected? I have the Avengers TPB that were released that cover the same era.

Anyone? Trying to hunt it out with no luck

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Anyone? Trying to hunt it out with no luck
Can you share some Details what happened in these issues or what series it is and a approximate issue number? I have made a database with every Spider-Man book that ever released and how its collected but I am not sure what you are looking for
TN9GWmT.jpg]

Does that help?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Is there some cool comic shop or big bookstore I should be aware of(probably going by Midtown again when in NYC)?

We're staying by some place called The Grove apparently.

ITSMILNER

Can you share some Details what happened in these issues or what series it is and a approximate issue number? I have made a database with every Spider-Man book that ever released and how its collected but I am not sure what you are looking for
TN9GWmT.jpg]

Does that help?

It does, going by that it seems Marvel have not collected this continuous run on Spidey, just certain stories (Spider-Hunt, Identity Crisis, Gathering of Five) shame, wonder why they skipped over this after Ben Reilly Saga and went straight to the reboot?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Is there some cool comic shop or big bookstore I should be aware of(probably going by Midtown again when in NYC)?

We're staying by some place called The Grove apparently.

That's a good fairly central area. Be sure to check out the farmer's market there.

As for bookstores, there's none as big as Midtown that I know of, but Meltdown Comics which turns it's backroom into a standup comedy space, and there's Earth 2, which is further away, but I think Geoff Johns might co-own it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It does, going by that it seems Marvel have not collected this continuous run on Spidey, just certain stories (Spider-Hunt, Identity Crisis, Gathering of Five) shame, wonder why they skipped over this after Ben Reilly Saga and went straight to the reboot?
Collecting classic stories that are not that big of importance is something started recently.
I expect a Epic Collection down the road.
I try to remembee you if I see something getting announced.

JTripper

My favorite thing about Jokes and Riddles Pt 1
is how Batman feels the need to tell Selina all about one of his favorite villain stories right after fuckin

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The Mighty Thor: 20

Damn, Jason Aaron straight up murdered a whole village and melted some kids. He wasn't pulling any punches.

I still wish Odinson was Thor, though. It would've been cooler if the kid stuff had happened to him, which would've forced him to pick up the hammer.

God damn, the September covers of Saga and Walking Dead have me excited. :O

It also featured the most 90's pair of comic breasts *possible* in Red Monika. Like Scott Campbell and Adam Hughes must have let out a simultaneous "hey, I wish *I* thought of those!" cry when she showed up.

Red Monika was the first thing I'd ever seen from Battle Chasers.

In regards to The Mighty Thor #20:

Has there been any explanation for
why the original War Thor reveal looked like Odin, only to now be changed to Volstaag? Was it an intentional misdirect?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
In regards to The Mighty Thor #20:

Has there been any explanation for
why the original War Thor reveal looked like Odin, only to now be changed to Volstaag? Was it an intentional misdirect?

I haven't seen an official explanation but I think it was just for misdirection since as soon as the new cover came out, everyone correctly guessed War Thor had to be Volstaag. I'm honestly not sure why they picked that cover in the first place, should've had one where you couldn't really see his hair color.

Why not me. I didn't like her last non hero book. I think Clean Room is trash.

Because sometimes I think you go a little too easy on books where you're a fan of the creative team. I liked Clean Room a lot until around issue #12 or so, then I dropped it a few issues later.

Weiss

Banned
Ive downloaded so much on Comixology the last two days. Incredible Hercules, Jem, more Transformers, Superdad, ROM. It's great.

Gonna get the Kelly Puckett Batgirl next.

Messi

Because sometimes I think you go a little too easy on books where you're a fan of the creative team. I liked Clean Room a lot until around issue #12 or so, then I dropped it a few issues later.

A lot of what she has written in the past few years has been bad. She's a writer who needs a specific character or type to be great.

I don't think you are being fair

Malyse

In All Star Batman
the villains thinking Batman was impersonating Hush impersonating Bruce Wayne cracked me up.
Why not me. I didn't like her last non hero book. I think Clean Room is trash.

Clean Room was not!Emma Frost and I loved it.

I think Clean Room is trash.

But how much was this opinion influenced by the fact that you don't like horror books?

I thought Clean Room had a really strong first few arcs. It started weakening before the artist change and then fell off completely once Wild Storm dude left.

Malyse

I really like both Batman books this week.
Joker vs Riddler is such a good concept that I'm surprised no one did it before.

Also, it could make one hell of a Batman game.

Messi

But how much was this opinion influenced by the fact that you don't like horror books?

I thought Clean Room had a really strong first few arcs. It started weakening before the artist change and then fell off completely once Wild Storm dude left.

I absolutely adore Rachel Rising. So horror done well still works on me. Insexts has a lot of body horror and I love that. I just think that Gail is better suited to DCs heroes and it's where she shines.

Messi

America is so bad. I dropped it after #3 and I still had a big problem not buying #4 today.

She deserves so much better.

Get Gillen. Please.

Top Bottom