• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuzzy elf ass:
NIGHTCRAWLER2014003COV-col-dadf8.jpg
Interview with Claremont (CBR)

Unai

I just read Superior Spider-Man, Volume 4. I bought dying wish and all the superior's trades.

Pretty good stuff! I always liked Spider-Man from the cartoons, movies and from a few comic books I read when I was a kid. I mostly a DC guy, and I have to say I'm really enjoying this fresh take on Spider-Man.

I was told in this very thread that the Thor books are new reader friendly. Maybe I'll try it too.

Messi

Don't deny it. You squeed during the
Harley
tease.

It was much more than a squee. Too excited.

Actual spoilers for the most recent Arrow.
So I see they are playing down them actually using harley in the show which is a bummer. I figured that though when I heard Tara Strong doing the voice.

I read the first issue of Mercenary Sea, and the art style seems ill-fitting for a high adventure pulp book. there's just not a lot of detail and it's not really stylized much (there's a panel with books on a table that just looks straight up unfinished). I say it hypothetically because this issue was all set up with nothing interesting going on. i like how the island native just had every stereotype thrown together, but hey, at least he wasn't a "wild savage." not really interested in continuing.

MartyStu

Superman Unchained 6

Wait, did I miss something? Why is the epilogue about
Batman.

I mean, I love me some
Batman
, but...

Owzers

well comics-gaf, i'm going to ignore you until my dcbs shipment arrives tmw. I've made it this far without Forever Evil #6 getting spoiled, i'd hate to throw my laptop out a window if i don't make it another 15 or so hours.

There will be no kissing statues in my shipment.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Superman Unchained 6

Wait, did I miss something? Why is the epilogue about
Batman.

I mean, I love me some
Batman
, but...

Batman
was the one who
made the synthetic rock that beat Wraith
. I think
Wraith wants to make sure there won't be more
. He's salty like that.

Korupt got to this beauty first! What number is yours dude? Mine is 801/2500.

Hurray for having the set though ^_^
ggBNHhzl.jpg

Love your bookshelves so much! Especially the one on the left.

Thanks for the bookshelf love! Mine is 1216/2500. Blows my mind that only 2500 people will own this statue.

My god that SS Catwoman is amazing. I'll just have to enjoy it from your pictures when you get it. $400 is out of my league.

dan2026

Just caught up on BPRD, this series really is just a process of them getting fucked. And then when you think the fucking is over, they get fucked again.

Tizoc

Caught up to Nimona, glad to see it's ending soon, been a fun ride.

AH SHI- I should try to catch up on Unsounded, that has some kickass art.

Tizoc

Just caught up on BPRD, this series really is just a process of them getting fucked. And then when you think the fucking is over, they get fucked again.

Ayup, and yet they never give up. What makes BPRD shine also is the characterization, it gets a great balance of story progression+characterization and character interaction.

Funnily enough, Liz barely got any 'screentime' in the Hellboy comics so BPRD was like Mike's way of fleshing out the rest of the cast.

I read the first issue of Mercenary Sea, and the art style seems ill-fitting for a high adventure pulp book. there's just not a lot of detail and it's not really stylized much (there's a panel with books on a table that just looks straight up unfinished). I say it hypothetically because this issue was all set up with nothing interesting going on. i like how the island native just had every stereotype thrown together, but hey, at least he wasn't a "wild savage." not really interested in continuing.

That was my feeling as well. Have you read "Half Past Danger"? That one hit the high adventure/pulp sweet spot for me in a way that "Mercenary Sea" did not.

Does anyone have any opinions of the recent Scarlet Spider trades? I've been reading through the superior spiderman stuffs and they're great, and I kind of want more.

Any other recent marvel trades that I should pick up or look into?

Does anyone have any opinions of the recent Scarlet Spider trades? I've been reading through the superior spiderman stuffs and they're great, and I kind of want more.

Any other recent marvel trades that I should pick up or look into?

Scarlet Spider is great. I didn't read every single issue, but I loved pretty much every one that I did read. Kaine manages to be very likable even with his constant brooding and he has a great supporting cast. If you do enjoy the series, the ending leads directly into the current New Warriors run.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man is my current favorite Marvel book. The first trade just came out pretty recently and it's pretty cheap so it's worth checking out. It's really funny and self-contained so you really don't need to know anything about the team.

zeeaykay

Has anyone read Noah yet? I'm very curious what my fellow comicsGAF readers think. Reviews seem to be pretty scattered at this point.

I've been making my way through Marvel's 2011 releases and was surprised to find that Schism, Fear Itself and Spider Island all came out at the same time. Now, I've been reading comics for awhile and I know it's a fool's errand to sort out continuity just so...but can anyone make sense of this? What order are these events "supposed" to occur in?

Can't imagine people were too thrilled by this schedule as it was happening!

I've been making my way through Marvel's 2011 releases and was surprised to find that Schism, Fear Itself and Spider Island all came out at the same time. Now, I've been reading comics for awhile and I know it's a fool's errand to sort out continuity just so...but can anyone make sense of this? What order are these events "supposed" to occur in?

Can't imagine people were too thrilled by this schedule as it was happening!

Schism is after Fear Itself as the X-Men were still together in the Fear Itself tie-in issues.

whoa damn there's a shitload of Ghost Rider comics on sale today and today only! reeeeeeeealllllllllllly wish i had some money to spare today

That was my feeling as well. Have you read "Half Past Danger"? That one hit the high adventure/pulp sweet spot for me in a way that "Mercenary Sea" did not.
I haven't read it, I've seen it at my shop though. I'll check it out!

Just finished Sex Criminals. Not the greatest issue, and it's easy to see why Apple was fine with it on comixology. Nowhere near the level of smut I expect from this book. What the hell, Fraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom