• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Zombine

Banned
I'm surprised that people still use photobucket.

Dr.-Who.gif

fauxtrot

Banned
Just picked up Rachel Rising Vol 2 from my LCS with my pull list... gonna read it tonight while my lady friend plays L4D. Maybe I'll catch up on Lady Killer as well.

edit - So much is off with that cover. Jaysus.

So I've go 19 issues left to read to keep up with this weeks output

Some thoughs of the recent MU reads

Avengers 35 - haha wow Hickman, that much is changing in 8 months? Seems a bit drastic but these future flash forward gimmicks are usually entertaining.

Avenger world 13 - God this issue was booring with bad art. This series can be fun, but good lord this feels like the most padded out, never ending story of all time. They wasted a whole issue on the China team that we probably disappear in a couple issues.

Sad that Guardians 3000 is ending. I still need to read the last issue but it's been a good book so far. The problem is that we have too many fucking Guardians books. At least Abnett gets to do a SW mini/ongoing/whatever. Hopefully he gets more Cosmic work after.

How the hell does Mark Millar keep getting movie deals?!
Sharp focus stories with a quick hook and only lasts a few issues. Plus a history of bankable movies and a flair for flash over nuance. Movies always loosely adapt his movies and nobody really cares since nobody gets too attached to the original minis

Yeah, they are, still worth it though. Only PF I have is Harley Quinn, I want to get Red Sonja, and thinking about getting Batgirl and Power Girl when they come out.

I haven't seen a PF that I've really fallen in love with yet. Came close on Predator Lady and Kerrigan (but those bone wings make me nervous of breakage). My first PF will be something amazing.

Bloodember

I haven't seen a PF that I've really fallen in love with yet. Came close on Predator Lady and Kerrigan (but those bone wings make me nervous of breakage). My first PF will be something amazing.
That's the way I felt, then I seen Harley Quinn PF, she came home with me. Red Sonja PF was there also just didn't want to spend upwards of $750 on two figures in one day.

frye

Hollywood loves Millar. He literally has one hour a week that he talks to movie execs from Scotland and they all accommodate that.

meanwhile moz can't even get a movie pitch off the ground while spending half the year in LA lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Age of Ultron was a steaming pile correct? Reading Avengers A.I. Atm and it seems to follow AoU so I was wondering

Daredevil 8 - wow so waid really used the purple man eh his "less grim" DD series? He's got to be one of the creepiest and op villians out there. But after the recent Messi created drama this week it's especially intriguing to read this story. Especially since waid wrote it and his view of things.
he totally wasted a random mother who was previously raped and had purple mans kid just to have a shocking event. Hmm
Then I started thinking of Alias, Jessica Jones, the parrellels you could make with Barbaras history. I wonder what if anything they'll do with the upcomimg TV show.

Age of Ultron was a steaming pile correct? Reading Avengers A.I. Atm and it seems to follow AoU so I was wondering

Avengers AI is Space Mare's Milk.

Age of Ultron is Pabst Blue Ribbon.

If in doubt, read Age of Ultron #10. Yes, the very last issue. Read it first. What you'll see there is so horrendously terrible that you'll be more than glad that that's the extent of your AoU experience.

fauxtrot

Banned
Hollywood loves Millar. He literally has one hour a week that he talks to movie execs from Scotland and they all accommodate that.

meanwhile moz can't even get a movie pitch off the ground while spending half the year in LA lol

Can you imagine what the movie industry world do to a great Morrison script? It'd be a travesty. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during one of those meetings though... you know Grant would be in there pitching amazing concepts while the execs are just confused and keep asking "OK, but where are the explosions?".

Messi

Messi knows that I don't talk about my comics. I seriously read more shit than I let on. I can't help it.

I am also a secret reader generally.

Hot Toys are reaching impulse purchase level for me. I have Pre-orders on iron man, cap and black widow.

Ugh, someone sent a pretty vile message to Sophie Campbell on tumblr saying that being transgender is a mental illness. She's getting a bunch of supportive messages now but what a shitty thing to say to someone who just came out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Avengers A.I. has some really good artists. Both Andre Araujo and Valerio Schiti are great. Too bad it was only 12 issues long, I'm on 6 and really enjoying it.

Squire

Banned
So is the idea that the majority of the books being cancelled will be rebooted fairly soon afterward? Any Avengers book ending seems kinda nuts with the new film so close.

Messi

Ugh, someone sent a pretty vile message to Sophie Campbell on tumblr saying that being transgender is a mental illness. She's getting a bunch of supportive messages now but what a shitty thing to say to someone who just came out.

I wish people has better things to do than to harass others.

Top Bottom