• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh boy, comic con...

"Yo lets go get some drinks"

*crickets*

This is exactly what I'm anticipating will happen... If Bii doesn't drink it's just going to be me drinking by myself with everyone else drinking soda (assuming we make this SDCC meetup actually happen). Not ideal. Haha

I only own three Absolute editions, but the ones I do have are amazing.

You picked a great three though!
You know what's sad? I just realized I haven't read either of the Absolutes I have yet... I read one issue of Absolute Batman & Robin actually, but I haven't touched Absolute Batman Inc yet besides flipping through it a tiny bit.
I feel very bad. They're next on my list after Alias though. So that should be in about 4 months at my current rate of reading.

Ooh sweet. Really looking forward to reading that whenever I get around to reading that.

Still working on Axis, now at #3, wondering how the heck Remender can be this Coors Light, especially with Carnage, i mean "i could mark *murder a studio audience* off the bucket list"... yeesh, tryhard more plz

Then he starts writing loki+victor rivalbros banter, and it is wonderful.
Doesn't even make sense, since, quite literally, as soon as he writes Magneto trying to interact with the pair, the quality nosedives again.

God damn it, at least be consistent, dont toy with muh expectation feels like that.

PsychBat!

Banned
So is the idea that the majority of the books being cancelled will be rebooted fairly soon afterward? Any Avengers book ending seems kinda nuts with the new film so close.

Avengers and New Avengers will be ending soon, yes.

At least people will have Uncanny.

Squire

Banned
Ugh, someone sent a pretty vile message to Sophie Campbell on tumblr saying that being transgender is a mental illness. She's getting a bunch of supportive messages now but what a shitty thing to say to someone who just came out.

Terrible. :'(

Avengers and New Avengers will be ending soon, yes.

At least people will have Uncanny.

But do you expect a lot of these series to get restarted/rebooted? They're just ending because of Secret Wars, right?

Ugh, someone sent a pretty vile message to Sophie Campbell on tumblr saying that being transgender is a mental illness. She's getting a bunch of supportive messages now but what a shitty thing to say to someone who just came out.
some motherfuckers, I swear.

On a less aggrevating subject, I just watched iZombie. It was really good. I actually like it more than the comic. I only ever read the first volume though.

Absolutes: I got four Absolutes and all of them are Sandman *doinitright.mp3*

PsychBat!

Banned
But do you expect a lot of these series to get restarted/rebooted? They're just ending because of Secret Wars, right?

Do I expect the majority of the books to be rebooted? Probably, hard to say. And yes, they are ending because of Secret Wars. But most of the books are ending because of the Avengers and New Avengers, if you want to get technical.

PsychBat!

Banned
Ever since it was revealed that they were tough to beat, I've been wondering: "How much punishment can Bebop and Rocksteady take?!?"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
But most of the books are ending because of the Avengers and New Avengers, if you want to get technical.

Everything dies

:3

Inhumanity's tie ins are completely unimportant, I won't be reading all of this event (is it even an event?). You just need to know that the terrigen bomb happened and you're good for all those tie ins, so I'll just read the ones I'm already reading and when it gets to inhumanity tie in issue I'll just treat it as a normal issue.

Inhumanity #1 on the other hand was actually quite good, it's basically a Infinity Epilogue, so I want to read the rest of it

PsychBat!

Banned
End of an era?
avn-newavn-cov-col-127980.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Mighty Avengers terrible? I think mighty Avengers might be terrible (doesn't help that these first 5 issues were all event tie-ins, first Infinity and now Inhumanity)... and SpOck is acting like a gigantic ass, how could any avenger ever think this was just Peter Parker?

Cheska

Guys, my life has been taken over by books.
Novels ;_;
I only read like three comics yesterday and haven't been able to pull myself away to read anymore.

I did get a a chance to catch up on shows though, and I absolutely loved iZombie. Not what I expected, but they made it work in a way that brought a huge smile to my face.

The Flash is freakin' amazing! Like, it's baffling that this show is on the CW. And what's even crazier is how it's been able to maintain it's momentum, week after week.

Owzers

Guys, my life has been taken over by books.
Novels ;_;
I only read like three comics yesterday and haven't been able to pull myself away to read anymore.

I did get a a chance to catch up on shows though, and I absolutely loved iZombie. Not what I expected, but they made it work in a way that brought a huge smile to my face.

The Flash is freakin' amazing! Like, it's baffling that this show is on the CW. And what's even crazier is how it's been able to maintain it's momentum, week after week.

The only solution is to read comic book novelizations. What better way to read Civil War than in novel form?

PsychBat!

Banned
Is Mighty Avengers terrible? I think mighty Avengers might be terrible (doesn't help that these first 5 issues were all event tie-ins, first Infinity and now Inhumanity)...
Greg Land being on it certainly didn't help.
I and SpOck is acting like a gigantic ass, how could any avenger ever think this was just Peter Parker?
I chalk that up to everyone taking stupid pills AND Ewing not liking SpOck.

Sothpaw

Both my fav Marvel books, Punisher and Magneto, were really good this week. It is a little weak that they keep using Nazi's as the ultimate evil when they were defeated in the 1940's and we have a new equally evil threat (ISIS) starting us right in the face. It would be really cool to see Mags go ham on Boko Haram or something; but I understand why Marvel stays away from that like the plague.

Messi

Both my fav Marvel books, Punisher and Magneto, were really good this week. It is a little weak that they keep using Nazi's as the ultimate evil when they were defeated in the 1940's and we have a new equally evil threat (ISIS) starting us right in the face. It would be really cool to see Mags go ham on Boko Haram or something; but I understand why Marvel stays away from that like the plague.

Sorry Marvel but ISIS is a job for Harley Quinn and her band of misfits.

guess we'll have dc for all our "fuck ISIS" needs

Even if Daesh end up being satan reincarnated, id quite prefer if comics kept using fictional factions. Gods know that we can do with less propaganda in comics.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
"only 3"
man i read 3 yesterday and was like "fuck yes, i'm back in the game"

Hahaha. Right!?
I honestly can't even remember the last time I read 3 issues in one day. I read two issues of comics a couple weekends ago and I was like "Well hot damn, I did good."

Messi

I remember when Kipp came here fresh faced and full of bright ideas. He used to read Hellboy. We ruin people, don't we? :(

Sou Da

The FCBD preview has Splinter taking care of him while he's in a coma, turtles spines are fused with their shells. He likely won't walk again.

Rocksteady and Bebop have consistently been fucking terrifying while still being silly.

Rhaknar

Now THAT is some fitting AoA art, not the horseshit we got some years ago

Also, yo these Black Priests on New Avengers are creepy as shit

Top Bottom