• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Mindwipe

(The first half of) Hawkeye, Black Widow and Secret Avengers on sale on Comixology.

Also Daredevil Yellow.

These were all good right?

They're pretty much all on Marvel unlimited tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Isnt the right group the Illuminati?

no its the New Avengers

Hickman Avengers on the left with Original Avengers in the background

Hickman New Avengers on the right with original New Avengers in the background

well technically they are not called the new avengers, the book it >_>

GAMEPROFF

Banned
no its the New Avengers

Hickman Avengers on the left with Original Avengers in the background

Hickman New Avengers on the right with original New Avengers in the background

well technically they are not called the new avengers, the book it >_>

But arent Hickmanns New Avengers the Illuminati?

Starman #24-#29: The issue with the Old Mist was pretty awesome. (
And that letter from the New Mist!

The Times Past issue with Mikaal was gorgeous.
All the stuff that was referenced in that issue.. did it actually happen in some series?

Bobo Bennetti is awesome. Has he appeared in any other series?

Robinson seems to give so much background to every character, it constantly makes me question whether the character is a new one or whether he is referencing an older character/series. Not knowing a lot of DC history isn't helping me I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
But arent Hickmanns New Avengers the Illuminati?

I dont think they ever called themselves that, even if they serve the same purpose. its been a while since I read the first issues tho

Starman #24-#29: The issue with the Old Mist was pretty awesome. (
And that letter from the New Mist!

The Times Past issue with Mikaal was gorgeous.
All the stuff that was referenced in that issue.. did it actually happen in some series?

Bobo Bennetti is awesome. Has he appeared in any other series?

Robinson seems to give so much background to every character, it constantly makes me question whether the character is a new one or whether he is referencing an older character/series. Not knowing a lot of DC history isn't helping me I guess.
Bobbo was created in starman

Zombine

Banned
Oh, absolutely. That is pretty bad title.

I am not invested in TMNT, but even the part 4 flavor text only mentions "a character's ultimate sacrifice!" which could mean next to anything. I wish there was more accountability for threads like this, because they happen far too frequently and the people who make the thread titles the way they do know what they are doing, and they are trying to draw people into the thread to post.

Zombine

Banned
I was going to mention that but decided not to in the hopes it'd fall off the main page and be ignored. Cmon people it's not that hard to create a decent thread title.

I think it warrants immediate Junioring moving forward. But I think that the only people who are still mods that are fans of the medium are Bish and besada.

Edit: And yeah, maybe a thread title like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #44 (SPOILERS)? It's not that hard to do.

Do we know if the Future's End one-shots are gonna be collected in their respective series' upcoming trades?

EDIT: Nevermind, the solicits for Red Lanterns and Supergirl's respective volumes 6 tell me yes.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Skip the spencer secret avengers. And I was annoyed they didn't include more of hawkeye in the sale.

I was going to ask about that. I love the current Secret Avengers run. MODOK is so fun and it makes me sad that it will be ending soon. I assume Spencer's run probably is probably completely different in tone? And based on your statement, not really that good either.

I was going to ask about that. I love the current Secret Avengers run. MODOK is so fun and it makes me sad that it will be ending soon. I assume Spencer's run probably is probably completely different in tone? And based on your statement, not really that good either.

The first trade of Spencer's Marvel Now run was one of the first trades I picked up after getting into this hobby.

I thought it had an interesting premise, but I really didn't care anything else in the trade except for Taskmaster.

Messi

I am not invested in TMNT, but even the part 4 flavor text only mentions "a character's ultimate sacrifice!" which could mean next to anything. I wish there was more accountability for threads like this, because they happen far too frequently and the people who make the thread titles the way they do know what they are doing, and they are trying to draw people into the thread to post.

I wish people wouldn't create threads like the Batgirl thread.

Zombine

Banned
I wish people wouldn't create threads like the Batgirl thread.

Lol. But even so, while you know exactly what you were doing, it was the cover to a book. You didn't say something like "SOMEONE IN THE BATFAMILY JUST DIED IN THE COMIC"

It's so inconsiderate and childish.

It's different in tone. I was pointing out the one that gets the praise is Kots run. I haven't heard any buzz for Spencer's and haven't read it myself. But my guess from Spencer's usual avenger work it'll be average and disposable. Mileage may vary

Can I just say that once again the OT drops the ball in regards to comic spoilers?

pisses me off, I just started buying into that series a few months ago and I couldn't wait to catch up. who are those threads for?

It's different in tone. I was pointing out the one that gets the praise is Kots run. I haven't heard any buzz for Spencer's and haven't read it myself. But my guess from Spencer's usual avenger work it'll be average and disposable. Mileage may vary

I liked Spencer's run, but mostly because I liked the characters he used. I like SHIELD being dirty and I like Mockingbird and I like Graviton and Taskmaster and it tied into what Hickman was setting up with AIM. Had some interesting developments and plot twists but I would say it's pretty bland compared to the Kot book. Daisy Johnson and Maria Hill also look practically the same in the book and it confused the hell out of me for a while.

Zombine

Banned
pisses me off, I just started buying into that series a few months ago and I couldn't wait to catch up. who are those threads for?

They are self-serving and just looking for hits. Imagine if someone tried that shit with The Game of Thrones premiere, or another show/movie/whatever?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Perks of only browsing Gaf via my subscriptions. Thanks for the warning though. TMNT is probably my most-anticipated series. Ever since the OHC was announced, I've been so much looking forward to reading it. I picked up the Micro Series TPB from the library since a bunch of people here were recommending it and I was blown away. It's too good.

CAi-QXYWgAALfi1.jpg

Boogiepop

You guys'll have to tell me when the OT is safe again. Not risking that. And thanks for the heads up, as I definitely don't need a spoiler.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The terrible thread title was changed to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #44 (major comic spoilers)", it's safe now.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Ultimate Spider-man #11
"FIND OUT IN THE FINAL ISSUE OF ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN!"
NoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

Messi

Ellis, Shalvey and Bellaire are doing a talk and signing of injection and moon night in Dublin. I might go. I wonder if Ellis and Shalvey would sign a stack of a4 paper in place of moon night. Would love to meet Bellaire. She is fantastic.

This is the exclusive cover. Limited to 500 worldwide.

Top Bottom