• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Also Annihilators Morrison HC is on special, tempting. I'm not sold on dropping $84 on the Batwoman Bombshell with dc's paint jobs....maybe i'll get lucky.

If you like Morrison and meta-stories even a little, you should get on Annihilator. It's absolutely follow-able and just Morrison fully honing his meta-fictional stories. And it features the best Frazer Irving art to-date, which is saying something.

61lkt1WAQ8L.jpg

Picked this up from the library today! Looking forward to it after the recommendations. I also picked up Volumes 3 - 4 of the Marvel Masterworks series for The Amazing Spider-Man. Waiting on my request for Volume 2 to show up. I need to finish the Lee/Ditko run.

Nice! I kinda wanted not to like it so I could justify my dislike for Ramos's work but ended up really liking it. Vol 2 has Spider-Island which is an exceptional Spider-Man story. One of my favorites.

Owzers

I emailed dcbs my Wonder Woman statue paint problem woes to see what their replacement policy is before i pre-order the Batwoman statue.

current order:

special: Injection #1, Ody-C vol 1, Wytches vol 1 (4.99 trades :O)

rest: Sandman Overture #5 combo, Black science, Invincible, Manhattan Suns #3, Nameless, Saga, Walking Dead, Wicked and Divine #11 ( maybe last issue for me unless i really like it)

Ant-Man, Bucky, Daredevil , Howard the Duck, Secret Wars #2, Uncanny Avengers.

Maybe: Secret Wars Battleworld #1 of 4 ? Material #1?, Death Vigil vol 1 tp? Gotham Academy vol 1 tp despite not loving the first two issues? Annihilators HC vs digital,

And question of the month: How is Intersect? That trade is half off as well, but i'm leaning towards Messi Vigil.

I have made it to the Sinestro Corp Wars in the GL Omnibus. Good place to take a break for a few days and read weekly comics.

I emailed dcbs my Wonder Woman statue paint problem woes to see what their replacement policy is before i pre-order the Batwoman statue.

current order:

My order looks like
Specials: Injection, Material, Annihilators HC

Image: Black Science, Deadly Class, Descender, Dying and the Dead, Lazarus, Nameless, No Mercy, Outcast, Runlovekill, Savior, Surface, They're Not Like Us, Trees, Velvet, Wicked+Divine, Zero

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Secret Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor, Uncanny Avengers

Maybe: All New Hawkeye, Silk, Spider-Gwen, Fight Club 2
Haven't read Intersect.

Bii

Speaking of the Sac Comic Con, this was the first one at our newer, larger venue (4x more square footage for the main hall) and it was a huge hit... I was worried it'd be a little slow the first few events while people learned where it had moved to, etc, but it was almost shoulder to shoulder on the entire floor 90% of the time.

Kevin Eastman was there and he was a super nice dude... I had him sign a print for me and chatted for a little bit about TMNT. I didn't realize DMC (from Run DMC, duh) was going to be there to promote his new comic, and he was incredible. He was only signed on to do meet & greets / signings, but someone convinced him to do a little set where he did It's Tricky, Walk this Way, You Be Illin', and a few other songs. He also did a talk about positivity in hip-hop as well as his love for nerd culture before his set, which was pretty amazing too. All around one of the best cons we've had so far!

Huh, didn't even know they had this con the other day. I remember the last one was in October(?) and thought it might be an annual thing.

I'm heading out to Tulare Sci-Fi Con II this Sunday. One of my brother's friend is set up as an artist there so I'll definitely get a sketch from him. There's also Ani-Me Con 4.0 at the end of this month and then Big Wow Comicfest next month, which I've already booked my hotel for. And finally San Diego Comic Con to cap off my summer.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp |OT|
So I'm thinking about becoming a piano tuner. Gonna at least tune my own piano. Possibly try to make money doing it. That could be cool. No office gonna hold me.

Happy Birthday, Kipp! :D

I saw on skype that he has a birthday today.

Is he old enough to drink alcohol legally now? That little rascal...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIPPERONI!

I was pretty sure Kipp's birthday was the 5th but maybe my list o' birthdays is wrong? If I'm wrong HB kipp

Haha. Yes, my birthday is the 5th. Not sure why March 3rd is my birthday on Skype. Thanks anyways, guys. :p

...So much for being low-key about it though. You've forced me into announcing my birthday. Haha

And fauxtrot, I'm turning 22, so I've already been a rascal for a whole year!

ComicGAF Meet Up!!!

Are you going to SDCC? Southwest ComicGAF meet-up is happening. Serpentine and Bii have already tentatively RSVP'd.

I've never read Scott Pilgrim... am I a bad person?

Yes. Especially because it only takes like 2-3 hours to read the whole series. It's possibly my all-time favorite. But realistically, like five comics are tied for that title. It's amazing though. The humor in it gets me so good.

IST order:

Avengers Time Runs Out HC Vol.2
Claymore Vol.26
Copra Round One TP
God Hates Astronauts TP Vol.1
God Hates Astronauts TP Vol.2

So how did I do?

Wait... It's Tuesday again!? Already!? Geez.
Time. How does it work.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yeah, though there wasn't anything that caught my eye this week (or next week, apparently) so I took the opportunity to grab some things from my wishlist.

Yeah, same. I added Shaolin Cowboy HC to my wishlist because that could be a cool hardcover and it's pretty cheap, but luckily nothing I need. Haha
I still need to read more of the stuff I have before I buy more though. So my wishlist is just gonna be growing for a bit.

tim1138

current order:

special: Injection #1, Ody-C vol 1, Wytches vol 1 (4.99 trades :O)

rest: Sandman Overture #5 combo, Black science, Invincible, Manhattan Suns #3, Nameless, Saga, Walking Dead, Wicked and Divine #11 ( maybe last issue for me unless i really like it)

Ant-Man, Bucky, Daredevil , Howard the Duck, Secret Wars #2, Uncanny Avengers.

Maybe: Secret Wars Battleworld #1 of 4 ? Material #1?, Death Vigil vol 1 tp? Gotham Academy vol 1 tp despite not loving the first two issues? Annihilators HC vs digital,

And question of the month: How is Intersect? That trade is half off as well, but i'm leaning towards Messi Vigil.

Intersect is weird as hell. The basic gist is that (as of right now at least), people are turning into/merging with different things and you don't know why. As a reader you're dropped into the world blindly and only know as much as the main characters. The art is a lovely mix of colored pencil, inkwash, and water colors that heightens the eerie quality of the book. I'm chatted with Fawkes about it online and he said the initial confusion as to what exactly is going on is intentional, but I'm guessing by the first tpb, things will be a little clearer.

The pose is a little awkward looking on that bottom one, like he's leaning away from his sword.
Yeah it is now that you say that.
I found this pic,,
makes it look a little better just his head is back/tilted down. Also watched a video review doesn't look awkward lol
Ganondorf is huge,, about twice the size of Link,, so tempted.. and I wouldn't feel right just buying one of the two.. dammit.

CBTech

I'm a little tempted to get this..

Also pretty sweet..

Those look pretty good. I sadly am not s big fan of the Twilight Princess designs especially for Ganondorf. If I could get some high quality statues of Ocarina of Time statues I'd be all over that.

Mumei

Nice! I kinda wanted not to like it so I could justify my dislike for Ramos's work but ended up really liking it. Vol 2 has Spider-Island which is an exceptional Spider-Man story. One of my favorites.

Yes, I'm reading this first in anticipation of reading Spider-Island next! I think the library has the right trades, though I sent a purchase suggestion anyway. So far they've purchased everything I've suggested, which is nice. Their budget is better than mine, after all.

Those look pretty good. I sadly am not s big fan of the Twilight Princess designs especially for Ganondorf. If I could get some high quality statues of Ocarina of Time statues I'd be all over that.

Well shit... I use to love Zelda back in the day.. Orcarina of Time is all I really played/knew.
I was wondering what Twilight Princess even was. lol

I also noticed I get paid 3 times that month (may).. im really finding reasons/excuses to buy these damn things.

Unai

I have made it to the Sinestro Corp Wars in the GL Omnibus. Good place to take a break for a few days and read weekly comics.

The Sinestro Corp Wars is one of my favorities stories of all the time. Amazing how Sinestro is a well made character. This is way better than the Blackest Night, IMO.

I just ordered that Capullo Black and White Batman statue. First Statue purchase.

Awesome! It's a great statue. Batman Black & White statues have been so good.

-

I'm at work.. checking emails.. doing my thing..
Next thing I know I'm on DCBS.com getting a Pre-order confirmation for Zelda and Ganondorf Statues... it all happened so fast. lol

Stupid question: are DCBS and IST owned by the same parent company? I'm looking to pick up some new trades, and thinking IST is still the king. Am I wrong?

-

Next thing I know I'm on DCBS.com getting a Pre-order confirmation for Zelda and Ganondorf Statues... it all happened so fast. lol

Its a slippery slope though, cause now I'm considering that Ganondorf one.

-

I just got it so I am biased but I can't stress enough how awesome the Batman Kotobukiya 1/6th scale statue is. I've seen pictures but once you have it in your possession, you truly appreciate the quality of the sculpt. It's my favorite Batman piece in my collection and is the best bang for the buck.

Kotobukiya Batman ArtFX Statue (Black Costume Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078W3NSY/?tag=neogaf0e-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078W3NSY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I just got it so I am biased but I can't stress enough how awesome the Batman Kotobukiya 1/6th scale statue is. I've seen pictures but once you have it in your possession, you truly appreciate the quality of the sculpt. It's my favorite Batman piece in my collection and is the best bang for the buck.

Kotobukiya Batman ArtFX Statue (Black Costume Version) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078W3NSY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yeah that's pretty damn sick.. I've seen that one before, thought it was a lot more $...

fertygo

Latest X-Men issue So Psylocke now an
muslim
? the hell..

Is G-Willow Wilson have clause about doing this lmao

Messi

Does that count as one of your 3 statues for the year? Looks nice. I liked their wonder woman

Does that count as one of your 3 statues for the year? Looks nice. I liked their wonder woman

It does not, traded in comics for it. Full run of Superman Unchained with #1 signed by Scott Snyder. There was about 40 comics he bought from me for $90.

Looks like Batman never skips leg day.

I might have bought these today:

I might still get the Marvel Legends Hulkbuster, but this is pretty cool too. I really don't want to buy a whole wave of Legends anyway. Looking forward to putting it together over the weekend.

Also ordered the new ML Thor and Captain Marvel. I might get Hawkeye at some point as well.

Afrodium

Banned
All-New Hawkeye is kinda... ehh. It's not bad, but coming off the heels (well, during) Fraction and Aja's run it kind of just feels like a pale imitation. The flashback sequences are pretty groan-worthy too.

Top Bottom