• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Cheska

I'm not sure how I completely missed that a new Rat Queens was coming out :O What an awesome line up for this week so far, can't wait to get started after I feed my pets.

New video finally uploaded (holy shit Youtube is slow), and I give you guys a shout out ;) http://youtu.be/VKrhJpWLTj0

I'm not sure how I completely missed that a new Rat Queens was coming out :O What an awesome line up for this week so far, can't wait to get started after I feed my pets.

New video finally uploaded (holy shit Youtube is slow), and I give you guys a shout out ;) http://youtu.be/VKrhJpWLTj0

The "Caped Crusader". ;)

And shame on you for dropping off Aquaman. I expect healthy servings of humble pie when you come back to tell us how much you're loving Jeff Parkers run.

Also dat Black Widow vitriol. Why don't you tell us what Natasha did to make you hate her so.

Cheska

The "Caped Crusader". ;)

And shame on you for dropping off Aquaman. I expect healthy servings of humble pie when you come back to tell us how much you're loving Jeff Parkers run.

LOL. I totally corrected myself right after! I filmed this right after work last night and was exhausted ;P Thanks for watching friend! I'll definitely read Aquaman once I get more of my Green Lantern fix on.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
All-New Hawkeye is kinda... ehh. It's not bad, but coming off the heels (well, during) Fraction and Aja's run it kind of just feels like a pale imitation. The flashback sequences are pretty groan-worthy too.

Ugh, this is what I was worried about. I might give it a chance. Maybe after I've read the final Fraction/Aja issue, although that might be setting it up for a massive fall.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Any other Hawkeye impressions? Not grabbing my books today, and I was looking forward to Lemire/Perez.

Messi

Any other Hawkeye impressions? Not grabbing my books today, and I was looking forward to Lemire/Perez.

I really enjoyed it. Dug the art styles. The banter between Kate and Clint was good, some chuckle worthy stuff.
liked Kate being the more badass of the two, as it should be :p.
. Looking forward to next months issue (feels odd to say that about Hawkeye). It's different than fractions run but it has some familiar elements.

Grayson was awesome! Can't wait til June.

It's on a break till June?

Someone tell Art Adams he hasn't drawn a comic in years. He clearly doesn't remember and is drawing like he hasn't missed a day. Unbelievable.

Man, Descender is pretty gorgeous.

That's good to hear.. I ordered #1 from DCBS..
Its tough tho,, I have preordered #2 and #3 hoping itll be good. lol Bad thing about buying my floppies(90% of them) from DCBS

I guess I have some faith in Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nguyen

That's good to hear.. I ordered #1 from DCBS..
Its tough tho,, I have preordered #2 and #3 hoping itll be good. lol Bad thing about buying my floppies(90% of them) from DCBS

I guess I have some faith in Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nguyen

It would really have to dive off a cliff in order for it to disappoint me, but I'm a huge sucker for sci-fi bullshit so you might not want to listen to me.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
*high five* Which cover did you end up picking for the UA Omnibus?
I depend on Amazon, so I have no access on the Variants for Omnibusse... UA was a case, where I really liked the Variant and would have prefered it to the official one.

Which one did you get?

Cheska

Great video Cheska.

Woooo gaf mention!

Yah that was a good vid. I'd listen to/watch that again.

Thanks guys, as always :)

I depend on Amazon, so I have no access on the Variants for Omnibusse... UA was a case, where I really liked the Variant and would have prefered it to the official one.

Which one did you get?

Variant edition, though it was definitely a tough decision.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, Kingpin's fashion sense is fucking dope and unchanged through time:

640.jpg

They're hitting all the genres: western, kung fu, swords and sorcery fantasy, war(plus dinosaurs), horror, guess Renew Your Vows gonna be the romance

loooks so so very good. Not terribly familiar with Shaner but those character sketches are awesome.

This kind of reminds me of something Scott McCloud said recently. He said there are way more good/great artists working today than there were 10-15 years ago. He loosely estimated it at about 10 times as many good/great artists. I have to agree, it seems everywhere I look there is another good/great artist to discover. What a time to love comics.

Dunbar

Picked up the first three DC movie poster cover variants today, and they look even better than I hoped. Especially the Green Lantern/2001 cover.

Filthy Slug

They're hitting all the genres: western, kung fu, swords and sorcery fantasy, war(plus dinosaurs), horror, guess Renew Your Vows gonna be the romance

Hold up--I need a pulpy detective book out of this. It can be set in the future, too.

What are the can't miss Secret Wars tie-ins so far?

Yeah I need help with this.. I haven't been paying much attention at all to Secret Wars.. I don't pull a ton of Marvel books.
That 1872 #1 looks dopeeee

Will I be able to get just plain Secret Wars and not be lost?

Same with convergence, I am mainly just getting the regular Convergence title hoping ill be able to follow it without all the tie-ins.

loooks so so very good. Not terribly familiar with Shaner but those character sketches are awesome.

This kind of reminds me of something Scott McCloud said recently. He said there are way more good/great artists working today than there were 10-15 years ago. He loosely estimated it at about 10 times as many good/great artists. I have to agree, it seems everywhere I look there is another good/great artist to discover. What a time to love comics.

Check out Parker/Shaner Flash Gordon. NOW.

Top Bottom