• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Zombine

Banned
But why would they let Fraction do that after Hawkeye was already in the movies if everything is in service to MCU?

Avengers came out in 2012, Hawkeye came out the same year. You best believe that Marvel released that to piggyback off of a film which had a character that most of the viewership didn't know about. Everything is about positioning with Marvel. It's just good business sense. My problem being is that while I enjoy the shows and film, I believe that more than half of their line is used as a platform to sell you something else on the horizon.

Like I said, good business sense, but I think a lot of the love is gone. At least I'll always have Superior Foes of Spiderman I guess...

ReAxion

Avengers came out in 2012, Hawkeye came out the same year.

Like I said, good business sense, but I think a lot of the love is gone. At least I'll always have Superior Foes of Spiderman I guess...

Thor came out in May 2011.

Buy or don't buy, I don't care. But the MCU is not the gravitational force for everything.

Can Ellis stay on a marvel book longer than 6-12 issues?

Nope. That's his deal with Marvel. He doesn't need them with all his other work. He gets to come in, clean slate a book for 6-12 issues, and leave. Ellis gets paid and Marvel gets a revitalized character to pass to another writer.

I'm down because everything Ellis has done for Marvel since switching to the system is gold.

From before Moon Knight:

I like to do a gig for Marvel once a year or so, and this fits right in with that. I like to keep my relationship with Marvel alive, and this is this year's gig. All my Marvel work is finite. I honestly haven't decided how long I'll stay on the book yet.

Zombine

Banned
Thor came out in May 2011.

Buy or don't buy, I don't care. But the MCU is not the gravitational force for everything.

comics-thor-malekith.jpg

Because it fit as well as OJ Simpson's gloves.
And the success of the MCU really does influence the line. All the way down to their outfits.

Zombine

Banned
You're confused. Hawkeye was in Thor.

Remove that line. The only reason that arc in Thor happened was because of the film, and it was a piece of shit.

I'm not saying that you can't enjoy what you like. So I'm not entirely sure why you're on the defense, but to say that MCU doesn't influence the line is pretty weird.

Ant-Man's release was timed for the day after the trailer aired on Agent Carter, and had a $5 price point to boot. The book, regardless of quality (it's awesome) only exists because of a movie due this summer.

ReAxion

Remove that line. The only reason that arc in Thor happened was because of the film, and it was a piece of shit.

I'm not saying that you can't enjoy what you like. So I'm not entirely sure why you're on the defense, but to say that MCU doesn't influence the line is pretty weird.

Weird extrapolation going on here.

Probably. I'm kind of over everything else Marvel is putting out. It's all just to move the MCU forward for future movies.

If Hawkeye's in a movie filmed two years before Fraction's run, how is this possible, was my question.

Holy crap, I just noticed Kirby's Forever People #1 and 2 are finally available digitally.

One step closer to my dream of digital Fourth World omnibi.

Edit: oh shit, saw the Ellis announcement.
Nextnextwave please.

What are their ages? I always assumed Kate was under 18 due to young avengers. Like 17ish

Mahvel wikia

Kate (616) was 20 years old at the beginning Young Avengers Vol 2, so it can be inferred that she was 18 at the time of Young Avengers Vol 1. She is currently 21.[36][21]

Comicvine

The current Ultimate Universe version of Spider-Man is a 13 year old kid named Miles Morales

Welp.

Miles+ Kid Nova romance arc. Calling it.

E the Shaggy

I just found out that Lobo is the lowest selling DC book that has yet to be canceled. It's nice to know that the re-design was pretty much universally panned.

Vyer

So I'm like halfway through the Johns Green Lantern omnibus. Geeze this a big book. There's been a lot of stuff in here that's solid but not exceptional, which I'm starting to think is Johns' thing, since I got the same feel from the Hawkman Omnibus (which they only put out 1 of, thus making it a book I have a 1 for that will never have a 2).

The bits I read last night were pretty great though. The callback to "For the man who has everything" (or maybe ripping off of, if you're being less generous), up through the stuff with Cyborg Superman and the Manhunters. BTW, I have never seen Cyborg Superman before, and man is that a weird character. It looks like his origins were a Fantastic Four knock off? Also, I feel at a minor disadvantage by not having read whatever has "the destruction of Coast City" since it just keeps coming up? Was it Mongul or Cyborg Superman who did it, since they both seem to get the blame here?

Also, is that Green Lantern girl the one I recall reading a Cracked article or something on, where she had some kind of crazy retcon to make Hal dating her not horrifyingly inappropriate? Because there was a reference to something like that when she popped up.

You aren't quite to the part of the run that IMO is the best of all of it. I think it's there that Johns' GL becomes something pretty iconic.

And to add to Stooge's info, Cyborg Superman is Hank Henshaw, who was introducted in an older Adventures of Superman issue. He's part of a team of astronauts that are a weird Fantastic Four analogue but where things go much much worse. It's kind of a cool addition when we learn that Henshaw actually 'survived' when he is revealed much later during the Cyborg/Death of Superman stuff.

ElNarez

Banned
I just found out that Lobo is the lowest selling DC book that has yet to be canceled. It's nice to know that the re-design was pretty much universally panned.

The redesign isn't the problem.

The problem is that it was fucking boring generic-ass bullshit and Bunn is killing it on Magneto how is it possible he fucked it up dang.

(PS: yo, DC, let me pitch you this: nu-Lobo as Millar pastiche character, come on, you know you want it)

Messi

Mahvel wikia

Kate (616) was 20 years old at the beginning Young Avengers Vol 2, so it can be inferred that she was 18 at the time of Young Avengers Vol 1. She is currently 21.[36][21]

Comicvine

The current Ultimate Universe version of Spider-Man is a 13 year old kid named Miles Morales

Welp.

Well then. I assumed miles was a lot older than he actually is. I thought pre time skip he was 11-13 then 16-17.

:(

I think her relationship with Hawkeye made it pretty clear that she is at least 18, if not 20 now... When not, Clint should be put in jail.

I thought they were just friends :(. Don't ruin this for me.

The problem is that it was fucking boring generic-ass bullshit and Bunn is killing it on Magneto how is it possible he fucked it up dang.

(PS: yo, DC, let me pitch you this: nu-Lobo as Millar pastiche character, come on, you know you want it)

I liked this design better:

fto_ft1_26295.jpg

Now you comic fans know how us DMC fans felt about reboot Dante. Let us cry together.

Squire

Banned
I think that Hawkeye is a product of Fraction that will be used for a show once they get that plank Renner away from the role.

We should only be so fortunate.

I doubt they can Renner though. Dude has prestige and capability. He can play the character and probably Fraction's version more so any other.

Whedon (and I guess the other writers who've gandled films he's in) hasn't written him worth a damn.

Bingo.

Mahvel wikia

Comicvine

Welp.

Once everything is said and done, he'll probably enter the Marvel Universe at 15.

frye

While not a terrible idea that character is baaaaasically Nemesis.

F*cking Dan Panosian. After two issues of Conan/Red Sonja he's nowhere to be seen, and Randy Green is doing fill-ins and pages don't even look finished. The last page of issue three is a laughing stock.

F*cking hell, Dark Horse. How'd you screw this up so badly?

Top Bottom