• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

fauxtrot

Banned
Elektra was one of those books I just didn't have room for in my pull list, but I fully intended to read it on Marvel Unlimited. It's unfortunate it didn't get more of a following, but I guess I was part of the problem.

I'll be sure to pick up whatever series Mike Del Mundo is drawing after Secret Wars, though... dude is amazing.

Elektra was one of those books I just didn't have room for in my pull list, but I fully intended to read it on Marvel Unlimited. It's unfortunate it didn't get more of a following, but I guess I was part of the problem.

I read it for a while, but man, too many $3.99 books.

Hagi

Is anyone reading Shield? I love the show and with Waid being the writer i want to pick it up.

I hope these Inhuman comics get the OHC treatment.

Uncanny Inhumans 0 preview

I've been out of the loop for about 6 months is there anything i need to read before jumping into this? Like was there an event based around Blackbolt becoming bald? Did him breaking up with Medusa have him denounce hair all together? I have so many questions.

zeeaykay

Thoughts on Daredevil: Yellow?

As someone not super familiar with Daredevil, I enjoyed it. It's not a book that will blow you away but it's a pleasant read and has some moments of wonderful art. Something that will be fun to come back and flip through but not much of it has stuck with me.

I've only read that and Born Again as far as Daredevil books go, and I preferred Born Again.

I hear more people praising the art than the actual book. Elektra doesn't look like the type of character to support an ongoing.

Yamcha along with every other human character got nerfed when Z happened. He got his ass killed by a Saibamen.

She was written actually quite fantastically. But she was fighting a guy named…I wanna say…

Crab Cakes?

Speaking of little mini figures. The new Funko mystery boxes of DC figures are awesome. Even scored the metallic Harley along with the regular. They are resting on my copy of Absolute Justice which is amazing looking. Might be the nicest looking book I own.

CBD2wXmXIAALYbE.jpg

fauxtrot

Banned
Is anyone reading Shield? I love the show and with Waid being the writer i want to pick it up.

I've been out of the loop for about 6 months is there anything i need to read before jumping into this? Like was there an event based around Blackbolt becoming bald? Did him breaking up with Medusa have him denounce hair all together? I have so many questions.

Speaking of SHIELD... how was Waid at writing Kamela in issue #2? Hopefully he does a good job with her and Miles in ANAD Avengers. I guess I could pull it out of one of my long boxes and check it out for myself, but lol @ actually reading comics.

Speaking of SHIELD... how was Waid at writing Kamela in issue #2? Hopefully he does a good job with her and Miles in ANAD Avengers. I guess I could pull it out of one of my long boxes and check it out for myself, but lol @ actually reading comics.

He did a great job. I like SHIELD alot. Super straight forward, fun comic. He hooked me right from the fantastic Coulson intro in #1.

Don't lump me in with the group that killed the best female book that was on the shelf.

Elektra > Silk > Spider-Gwen > Captain Marvel > Ms Marvel
*brofist*
I want an OHC so bad. Del Mundo is a top 5 artist right now.

Also what at Ms Marvel below Captain Marvel? I haven't heard that ranking before...

Zombine

Banned
Also what at Ms Marvel below Captain Marvel? I haven't heard that ranking before...

It's just so I don't upset the sleep fans that I know for a fact are here. It's actually Ms Marvel.....>Captain Marvel.

Speaking of little mini figures. The new Funko mystery boxes of DC figures are awesome. Even scored the metallic Harley along with the regular. They are resting on my copy of Absolute Justice which is amazing looking. Might be the nicest looking book I own.

CBD2wXmXIAALYbE.jpg

I like that Professor Zoom one. Where can I get that?

He did a great job. I like SHIELD alot. Super straight forward, fun comic. He hooked me right from the fantastic Coulson intro in #1.
Yeah, I picked the book because it was Waid and that intro got me too. I'm not usually a big fan of these one and done books but he really makes it work.

That's another reason I'm 100% confident on his Avengers.

Bii

Thoughts on Daredevil: Yellow?

I read it receny through Marvel Unlimitrd and it was fantastic. There were some heartfelt moments and was definitely worthwhile to read.

On SDCC-related news, this whole hotel reservation is such a mess compared to years' past. Not that it affected me much because I got my hotel of choice. :D

ReAxion

I read it receny through Marvel Unlimitrd and it was fantastic. There were some heartfelt moments and was definitely worthwhile to read.

On SDCC-related news, this whole hotel reservation is such a mess compared to years' past. Not that it affected me much because I got my hotel of choice. :D

seeing that on twitter. glad i didn't bother cuz i only have Sunday :) :(

Wool

I will say that it took me a few issues to feel comfortable with/enjoy Tocchini's art in Low. I don't think the book is instantly accessible or riveting or excellent, but as the world is revealed and the oh-god-no snowball that Remender always sets into action forms, it all clicks. No matter how technically pretty a lot of Tocchini's art, mostly in Low, may look, his storytelling and scene clarity is off. I find myself staring at muddled action panels trying to figure out what the fuck is going on at least once in every issue.

I just posted about that yesterday, his art makes the comic unreadable. Matteo Scalera from Black Science would have been a great fit, or anybody who can do crazy sci-fi stuff and still make it clear whats happening.
the long rumored singular form of pants has been discovered.

LOL

scoot3r

Went to the closest comic book store to my house...they had nothing so disappointed. Ended up picking up Star Wars issue 2 ( I'm behind) and edge of spider verse issue 2 and some bags and boards. Sad to see the shop had turned into more of a gaming shop now...sucks living in a remote redneck town.

Busaiku

So will all Marvel books be $3.99+ post Secret Wars.
Really, I'm just wondering about Ms. Marvel.
Do they even have any others.

Vyer

CBD2wXmXIAALYbE.jpg

Manhunter looks like he's 80 years old.

I bought 3 of these for the first time the other day. Batman, Superman and GL. Pretty good start to a collection!

I thought DD Yellow and Spiderman Blue were great when I read them a bunch of years back.

As someone not super familiar with Daredevil, I enjoyed it. It's not a book that will blow you away but it's a pleasant read and has some moments of wonderful art. Something that will be fun to come back and flip through but not much of it has stuck with me.

I've only read that and Born Again as far as Daredevil books go, and I preferred Born Again.

thx. for the sale price I'm going to give it a go.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, Batman and Robin #40. This is my favorite father and son comic, and one of my favorite Batman runs in general.
Smiling like Bruce at the end of the issue.
Fucking perfect.

So Tocchini posted a hardcover version of Low on his instagram. I'm gonna guess it's exclusive to cons just like the Deadly Class hardcover. Now I'm sad I won't get one. :(

Yo, Batman and Robin #40. This is my favorite father and son comic, and one of my favorite Batman runs in general.
Fucking perfect.

As someone whose father raised me all alone since I was 8 years old, this book was perfect and the whole run was perfect!

tim1138

Fucking perfect.

I loved how that panel was a call back to the first issue of N52 Inc, with the building reflection.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
As someone whose father raised me all alone since I was 8 years old, this book was perfect and the whole run was perfect!
That's really nice to hear that you had some kind of personal connection with the book. It's kind of a simple story: Father tries to raise son right; father loses son; then father rights through Hell itself to get son back. But it's told so damn well and is really quite smart in its emotional content.

I loved how that panel was a call back to the first issue of N52 Inc, with the building reflection.
Yes! I was wondering if that was a callback. I just couldn't help feeling like that ending was earned, and I think when you walk away from a three-year, 40+ issue run feeling like that, you know it was a great story.

Top Bottom