• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Mark Waid? Get ready for the blandest, corporate at of corporate comics. He's Marvels Lobdell.
Waid still salty Marvel wouldn't let him front X-Men in the 90s?
Reading LOW, and man.. I can't help but to notice (and disliking) Remender's tendency to use sexuality of female character as device.. starting to remind me to Japanese VN writer style.

Are you talking about the slave bikini Tajo wears? I think some of the sexuality fits the exotic alien style this book has.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's the most risqué marvel ever got in a comic? Ant-man going down on Wasp probably?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is going to end with Tony being a Skrull or something isn't it? He is just treating people like shit. And don't get me started on Hill. How would any of these people ever work together again after this?

Edit: this atlantean in this CW Wolverine tie-in has both a skimpy bikini with full on underboob and a mini skirt with her ads hanging out. Why would you wear a miniskirt underwater? Good lord Ramos...

JTripper

Are there any reliable sources regarding the release date of Batman #40?

Comixology says it's releasing next week but DC's site says April 29th. That seems insane but then again it's the main site, and comixology changes stuff around sometimes.

Chris Samnee carried that motherfucker. Yall glorifying the Western front when it was the Eastern fron that was more crucial. Mark Waid can't write two books like the Nazis couldn't fight two fronts. Go read twenty sentences of his Hulk run.

I wasn't sure after your initial post, but you've convinced me with this one

Drayco21

This is going to end with Tony being a Skrull or something isn't it? He is just treating people like shit. And don't get me started on Hill. How would any of these people ever work together again after this?

Eight years later, and the Marvel Universe is still gripping the "Heroes fighting heroes" stick with both hands, so they kind of... don't.

Cade

Eight years later, and the Marvel Universe is still gripping the "Heroes fighting heroes" stick with both hands, so they kind of... don't.

Hear me out for the 2016 Marvel event.......... Fantastic Four vs Spider-Men. Hold on don't leave, we'll tie it into EVERY book. Where are you goi-

Rhaknar

This Young Avengers / Runaways book is another bright spot in Civil War, makes me want to read both books

Bii

So Darth Vader #3. My store sold out of it 30 minutes before I got there and it's no longer in stock at Midtown. Maybe I'll just wait for the second printing. *sigh*

Not really. They've been very uneven and wildly varying in writing and art.

Of course there is varying art. No one artist could do a weekly. It's great to see all sorts of different takes on the characters. And Worlds End has broken up art duties by story beat so the same artists have been doing the same story beats.

But agree to disagree. I think they've been fantastic.

tim1138

Are there any reliable sources regarding the release date of Batman #40?

Comixology says it's releasing next week but DC's site says April 29th. That seems insane but then again it's the main site, and comixology changes stuff around sometimes.

Issue 40 of Batman, Superman, and Justice League as well as the final issue of Multiversity were delayed to April 29th.

Sadist

Oh lol, I've never seen Matt with this much swagger. Which Daredevil series?

The new Avwngers line-up is cool; I agree with some that putting Kamala on the team is a bit quick, but her geeking out on stuff could be interesting. Oh and I can totally see Miles and Sam fighting over her lol. Miles needs some healing.

... ... ... man the Ultimate universe will die a painful, very painful death right?

Zombine

Banned
Next week is Kanan: The Last Padiwan which is very clearly going to be the first trainwreck Star Wars book. I can't wait.

At least the art looks good:

Kanan_The_Last_Padawan_1_Preview_3.jpg

Of course there is varying art. No one artist could do a weekly. It's great to see all sorts of different takes on the characters. And Worlds End has broken up art duties by story beat so the same artists have been doing the same story beats.

But agree to disagree. I think they've been fantastic.
I meant with the writing, not the art of course. That's the excusable part. The writing has been all over the place with both of them and especially in Eternal, it's been too decompressed.

But yeah, like you said agree to disagree. All have been mediocre in comparison to 52. Nothing tops that.

Man, that Avengers lineup looks hella dull. And doesn't seem like a good fit for a team at all.
They are clearing pandering to the tumblr crowd with that Avengers-lite-lite-lite team. Poor Vision the mentor.

I can't imagine that Waid wrote "and then Daredevil gets to the other side of San Francisco somehow, I don't know, you think of something cool" and it was 100% Samnee's idea to have Daredevil, who is blind, drive a convertible through a car chase through San francisco while standing on top of the seat and steering with his billy club.

I mean.

Lol.

I haven't even had a chance to touch this weeks comics yet. :( That said though the GF and I checked out the first two episodes of iZombie this week. Damn good shit. I'm really enjoying it. I've never read the comic though (I will change that), but I wanted to ask how close the two were. Is the show pretty spot on to the comic, and its story or is it like other stuff where its loosely based on an awesome comic?

Zombine

Banned
Are you going to buy the Star Wars Epics?

Probably. I'm kind of over everything else Marvel is putting out. It's all just to move the MCU forward for future movies.

I haven't even had a chance to touch this weeks comics yet. :( That said though the GF and I checked out the first two episodes of iZombie this week. Damn good shit. I'm really enjoying it. I've never read the comic though (I will change that), but I wanted to ask how close the two were. Is the show pretty spot on to the comic, and its story or is it like other stuff where its loosely based on an awesome comic?

It has next to nothing to do with the book save for running with the idea that she can eat brains. That was a minuscule part of the book. Show is still amazing though.

It has next to nothing to do with the book save for running with the idea that she can eat brains. That was a minuscule part of the book. Show is still amazing though.

Ahhhh, are there at least the same characters in the book?

Good to know the book is so different before buying it and expecting something else from it.

Tizoc

OK WTF is Falcon doing with Cap's shield and when did he become Captain America?

Next week is Kanan: The Last Padiwan which is very clearly going to be the first trainwreck Star Wars book. I can't wait.

At least the art looks good:

Kanan_The_Last_Padawan_1_Preview_3.jpg
I am going to buy everything Star Wars this far... But this will the first book I wont buy.

Art looks nice but why the lack of interest? Is it because of this
So Disney/Marvel is full on ignoring the part where Vader hunted down and killed all the Jedi except for Obi-Wan and Yoda, huh?

Cuz honestly, I don't give a fuck about SW continuity much, if the story's good and fun I'll read it.

I wasn't bothered when they first were announced but all this talk of them is making me want to pick up the Star Wars titles!

Would I be ok just picking up the main Star Wars title or are the others integral to the story?

Messi

OK WTF is Falcon doing with Cap's shield and when did he become Captain America?

Cuz honestly, I don't give a fuck about SW continuity much, if the story's good and fun I'll read it.

He became cap about 6 months ago. He is cap in All new Captain America. He is awesome.

fertygo

I despise All-New Caps tbh, all the shitty thing from Remender felt unfiltered there.. the hammy melodrama n narative, fuack.

Zombine

Banned

Nah, I never believed that shit that every Jedi was hunted down. It wasn't even really implied and it's pretty damn impossible to do that. This book just screams "wacky EU book" to me and it's either going to be amazing or garbage.

Ahhhh, are there at least the same characters in the book?

Good to know the book is so different before buying it and expecting something else from it.

Gwen isn't even called Gwen in the TV show lol. I'm hoping the show digs into the supernatural stuff of the book once it gets comfortable.

Nah, I never believed that shit that every Jedi was hunted down. It wasn't even really implied and it's pretty damn impossible to do that. This book just screams "wacky EU book" to me and it's either going to be amazing or garbageTV.

Every Jedi is not the same as every force user. That the Jedi were all but wiped out was a pretty large part of the Canon (thus the whole "Return of the Jedi" being a big deal). Ignoring that seems particularly bizarre. Like, we're supposed to believe these Jedi didn't have an impact on the Galactic War, such that even the Rebels weren't aware of them?

Tizoc

He became cap about 6 months ago. He is cap in All new Captain America. He is awesome.

cJnbZ.gif

Goes to show how little interest I have in Marvel books outside of Daredevil lol.

I think I'll give Waid's run a try, based on someone's else's input on the comic I might not enjoy the book :p

Top Bottom