• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Boogiepop

Wait, what? Just checked out IDW's June solicitations, and they're coming out with a 6th TMNT Ultimate Collection? What exactly are they putting in that? Is it going to overlap with some stuff from the Classics line? Bleh, I must know!

That's really nice to hear that you had some kind of personal connection with the book. It's kind of a simple story: Father tries to raise son right; father loses son; then father rights through Hell itself to get son back. But it's told so damn well and is really quite smart in its emotional content.

Yes! I was wondering if that was a callback. I just couldn't help feeling like that ending was earned, and I think when you walk away from a three-year, 40+ issue run feeling like that, you know it was a great story.

Yeah man. This book reminded me a lot of my dad. I'm 33, my mom jetted on us when I was 8. He never remarried, never really dated. He just devoted himself to me. He went to Apokolips for me. They say you don't know how much your parents do for you until you have some of your own. Nah I know, made him my best man at my wedding.

Sorry I'm gushing about my dad but the point is Tomasi nailed it. I think it's so cool, that my hero, the most popular hero in pop culture, is an amazing single parent father. That's why Bruce Wayne is my Batman.

SoilBreak

Banned
Al Ewing's AVENGERS ULTRON FOREVER #1 Preivew

4469646-2+avenuf2015001_int2-1.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Let's do this, indie order to the max:

Atomic Robo, Vol 9
Deadly Class, Vol 2
Lazarus, Vol 3
Letter 44, Vol 2
Low, Vol 1
March, Book 2
Nemo: River of Ghosts
Prophet, Vol 4
Roche Limit, Vol 1

Batman and Robin 40 was amazing. That put w smile on my face that won't go away.

Yeah the ending was perfect. I wish every run ended on a note like that.

Convergence seems like it will be a fun event but I can't help but feel that Darkseid War will be the real major event for DC this year.

Is Batman more popular than Spider-Man culturally? Just curious. Never really thought about it.

That's a hard question to answer. I think kids love Spiderman more (especially now a days). Adults its probably more equal, I've heard The Dark Knight quoted so many times in the past 5 years. Just about every pop culture reference to comics usually involves Batman in the US. I guess a good way to measure it is maybe find the costume sales for each.

Squire

Banned
Is this all-female X-Men book good? Rogue is one of my old favs.

Christ, there's a lot of X-books running concurrently.

Busaiku

Not really.
I'm only reading cause it has Jubilation, but even then, she's been pretty minor lately.
Like the middle (most) issues of the run so far are absolutely awful.

Wool

Is this all-female X-Men book good? Rogue is one of my old favs.

Christ, there's a lot of X-books running concurrently.

It sucks, and I love X-Men. I think I read the first 17 issues before dropping. If you're interested in it I'd gladly sell them to you though!

There isn't really too much focus on Rogue either. It's more about Jubilee's baby, Monet, and some other very random, b-list mutants I don't know anything about.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh look, Reed made a fake Thor that proceeded to kill someone. Keep on trucking with your fuck ups Reed, you dick

Oh look, Reed made a fake Thor that proceeded to kill someone. Keep on trucking with your fuck ups Reed, you dick
The worst part of the event. Millar butchered reeds character and had him do shit for no reason. Especially when I was reading the FF4 book. I uh..for registration due to uh...things. Here's a clone thor...for the kids!!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh this is where Ellis' Thunderbolts started? Neat

Rhaknar

And that was the only good thing to come from civil war. :)

43 books in, about halfway, I've been digging the Frontline books, the young avengers/runaways book and Wolverine (evwn with the ridiculously fanservice-y atlantean art by Ramos lol). Oh and Cable & Deadpool tie ins have been good too.

Rhaknar

The amount of ass shots in this Heroes For Hire book is something

Rhaknar

So I guess civil war is when speedball goes penance?

Futures End just had one of its best issues this week. What a fucking cliffhanger though. Also, how about that first appearance of
Tim Drake as Batman Beyond
!

Yeah man. This book reminded me a lot of my dad. I'm 33, my mom jetted on us when I was 8. He never remarried, never really dated. He just devoted himself to me. He went to Apokolips for me. They say you don't know how much your parents do for you until you have some of your own. Nah I know, made him my best man at my wedding.

Sorry I'm gushing about my dad but the point is Tomasi nailed it. I think it's so cool, that my hero, the most popular hero in pop culture, is an amazing single parent father. That's why Bruce Wayne is my Batman.

Great post. Caught me in the feels.

Mindwipe

Apparently Marvel were concerned that the pro-registration side's case was too strong to divide people in the way they wanted, so they decided to make them behave like absolute assholes to try and balance it.

And you're reading some of the side issues right? Because at the time several of those weren't around and Marvel rushed them into print after the reaction online was overwhelmingly that they'd literally turned Reed and Stark in to supervillain fascists.

Tizoc

Ultra Comics was nice, but the conclusion of the issue confused me @_@

Batman & Robin #40
Tsk Tomasi or Mahnke apparently forgot about this
Screen+Shot+2013-03-01+at+9.52.39+AM.png

Tizoc

Its a Grant Morrison Comic aight.

Well this'd be the first time I'm lost when reading a Morrison comic, I almost always get what's going on, but this felt like the ending of Batman RiP, and then you find Bruce alive and well during FC.

I'm still wondering what significance Ultra has on the Gentry traveling to other worlds.

Zombine

Banned
Batman & Robin is my favorite Bat-book. Batman is the best observation of Bruce Wayne and Gotham I've read thus far, but I enjoy the character moments of B&R far more.

Tizoc

Daredevil #14
I am LOVING DD's new look, the hair not so much but I love it.
Owl's daughter has a nice outfit

The Goon: Once upon a hard time #2
I have now learned of the Island of Dr. Moreau.

Transformers Windblade V2 #1
Ah Sarah Stone is back as the artist! Also how'd Hot Shot get there, they kept cameo-ing him in various story arcs lol.
An overall nice issue with even more creation myth tossed in heh. Starscream got punk'd too.

Zombine

Banned
Invincible #118 was weird. The resolution to that
rape
subplot was forced and pretty corny. It literally amounted to this:

"I was raped! She forced herself on me! She looked great though so I think I liked it. Let's cry it out and move this other shit forward, okay?

Kirkman please...

Invincible #118 was weird. The resolution to that
rape
subplot was forced and pretty corny. It literally amounted to this:

"I was raped! She forced herself on me! She looked great though so I think I liked it. Let's cry it out and move this other shit forward, okay?

Kirkman please...

Line in the sand - Eve or Anissa?

Top Bottom