• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
DC better release an omnibus/OHCs for Batman & Robin soon. I've been hyped about reading that all along. It seems like exactly my kind of book.

Messi

DC better release an omnibus/OHCs for Batman & Robin soon. I've been hyped about reading that all along. It seems like exactly my kind of book.

Man you would love it. They have to release an omni. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I just finished reading the last issue :

yea-fuck-yea.gif

Just perfect. Absolutely stellar run.

Edit:

Oh wow. Noto absolutely killed it on art in this month's Black Widow. Stunning work throughout. Gonna go buy it in floppy form. I'd kill for OHCs of this series.

Boogiepop

So, I read the Hal Jordan: Wanted (which had the great Batman moment that I've seen posted here before), and then the Star Sapphire arc of the Johns Green Lantern Omnibus. And holy crap, that Star Sapphire outfit is absolutely ridiculous. Geeze.

CBTech

I didn't realize that this week's issue of Batman & Robin was the last one. Fantastic issue and I'm sad to see it end. The run was extremely good.

Vyer

So, I read the Hal Jordan: Wanted (which had the great Batman moment that I've seen posted here before), and then the Star Sapphire arc of the Johns Green Lantern Omnibus. And holy crap, that Star Sapphire outfit is absolutely ridiculous. Geeze.

it feels like I've never seen the Star Sapphire character in the same costume twice, lol.

Hagi

So I picked up the first issue of Howard the Duck today and wow it was hilarious. Think this is the first time I have laughed at a comic in good while. Can't wait till issue 2.

Uncle Ben noooooooooo! Uncle Ben I'm sorryyyyyy!

I would legit buy Spidey again if Marvel finally kicked Slott to the curb and replaced him with Chip.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thought that was from the movie for a second

edit: wait that IS from the movie :eek:

Hm, probably the previous run before the Marvel NOW! run. But the current run is a great start.

Current run is great stuff.

Do you mean these two?

http://marvel.com/comics/series/5701/deadpool_2008_-_2012

http://marvel.com/comics/series/16542/deadpool_2012_-_present

Joe Kelly's run is fantastic.

This one?

http://marvel.com/comics/series/2005/deadpool_1997_-_2002

It looks like all three are on MU. That's good.

Splatt

What's a good Deadpool run that would also work as an introduction to the character?

Joe Kelly's run from which you can continue into Cristopher Priest and Gail Simone issues of the same run
Fabian Nicieza's Cable & Deadpool
Current run by Duggan and Posehn

Skip everything else

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Such a shame that this series didn't get a bigger following. It's really great.

The last page of the issue is so sweet, in a non-saccharine way. Poor
Snapper

I love that series, now I just want this page to be filled up with art.
Deadly Class #12 is coming

Wes Craig is fucking dominating and he's an artist who excels at hectic action scenes.

CBR has a poll as to which character in All-New, All-Different Avengers excites each character.

The Current Rankings:
1 Miles Morales / Ultimate Spider-Man: 36.8%, 1120 Votes
2 Ms. Marvel: 20.8%, 634 Votes
3 Vision: 17.2%, 523 Votes
4 Thor: 9.4%, 285 Votes
5 Nova: 8.1%, 246 Votes
6 Iron Man: 4.7%, 142 Votes
7 Captain America: 3.0%, 92 Votes

CBR has a poll as to which character in All-New, All-Different Avengers excites each character.

The Current Rankings:
1 Miles Morales / Ultimate Spider-Man: 36.8%, 1120 Votes
2 Ms. Marvel: 20.8%, 634 Votes
3 Vision: 17.2%, 523 Votes
4 Thor: 9.4%, 285 Votes
5 Nova: 8.1%, 246 Votes
6 Iron Man: 4.7%, 142 Votes
7 Captain America: 3.0%, 92 Votes
That has to be one of the most thrown together teams I've ever seen.

That has to be one of the most thrown together teams I've ever seen.

The original New Avengers hits the same area. Mainstays (Cap. America, Iron Man), Popularity (Spider-Man, Wolverine), Writer Favorites (Cage, Spider-Woman), Wasted Wild Cards (Sentry, Ronin). This is just the first two categories.

Top Bottom