• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

headshot95

Neo Member
Is there an easy way to see what Marvel trades are releasing next month? I'm just trying to see what's coming out that I might want. I checked the April solicitations and some of the stuff they show off doesn't release in April. Instock's "coming soon" section is all over the place in terms of dates. Just wondering if there was another way to check.

Messi

I got two pop figures today as well. Thanos and Yandu. ^_^

My Ghost Rider should be arriving in the next few days.

Those are nice ones. My store hasn't got the new guardians ones or the avengers yet.

Here were the comics I got today.

8eXRxzB.jpeg

fauxtrot

Banned
Messi, I just started watching Orphan Black (finished season 1 a few days ago) and it is so damn good. Alison is my favorite.

Has anyone checked out the comic? I don't usually have any interest in licensed TV comics, but isn't it written by one of the show-runners?

edit - I need that Chip SW #1 variant!! Poor Squirrel Girl... :(

Messi

Messi, I just started watching Orphan Black (finished season 1 a few days ago) and it is so damn good. Alison is my favorite.

Has anyone checked out the comic? I don't usually have any interest in licensed TV comics, but isn't it written by one of the show-runners?

edit - I need that Chip SW #1 variant!! Poor Squirrel Girl... :(

It's written by the people on the show. Didn't get it myself though. The talking comic's people said it was good.

I am a Cosima fanboy

Secret_Wars_-1_Chip_Zdarsky_Party_Variant.jpg

Chip Zdarsky variant for SW #1.

I'm gonna need to get that.

Let Doreen in you bastards :(

fauxtrot

Banned
It's written by the people on the show. Didn't get it myself though. The talking comic's people said it was good.

I am a Cosima fanboy

I need to check it out then... yeah, my lady friend's fav is Cosima, but Alison brings the comedy throughout season 1 and the actress is so incredibly good at playing the neurotic (and borderline psychopathic) soccer mom. You can feel the anxiety coursing through her in every scene, I love it.

Messi

I need to check it out then... yeah, my lady friend's fav is Cosima, but Alison brings the comedy throughout season 1 and the actress is so incredibly good at playing the uptight soccer mom. You can feel the anxiety coursing through her in every scene, I love it.

Tatiana Marland does an incredible job on all the characters. Really quickly they all feel like different personalities. It's really impressive. She should have gotten an award for it.

Wasn't she up for the lead on star wars? Or a spin off

Mafro

Rage of Ultron has the female Thor and Sam as Cap in the Avengers right?
My copy turned up today, just looking at the cast list at the start and the Avengers on the current team are:

Falcon Cap
Female Thor
Wasp
Giant-Man
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Sabertooth
Spider-Man
Steve Rodgers

My copy turned up today, just looking at the cast list at the start and the Avengers on the current team are:

Falcon Cap
Female Thor
Wasp
Giant-Man
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Sabertooth
Spider-Man
Steve Rodgers

Mine turned up today too. That art is sumptuous.

Falcon Cap
Female Thor
Wasp
Giant-Man
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Sabertooth
Spider-Man
Steve Rodgers
The main cover shows the old Avengers. Is there some time travel involved? This is Remender and he loves time travel.
Where have you guys been getting it from? Amazon?
Amazon is getting it a day before comic stores which is weird since comic stores usually get the books a couple weeks early before anyone else.

Edit: Are you talking about Rage of Ultron?

JEKKI

darnit! my comic shop closed down earlier this month and I've yet to transfer my whole pull list to a new store...

and it turns out the new issue is Ninja Turtles is sold out everywhere and going for like $30 minimum on ebay for the main cover

>_<

I made sure to add it to my pull but darn that really sucks lol.

I usually end up selling all my turtles comics when I collect 2 arcs so that issue woulda definitely gotten me a nice return down the line :(

Amazon is getting it a day before comic stores which is weird since comic stores usually get the books a couple weeks early before anyone else.

Edit: Are you talking about Rage of Ultron?

OGN's are technically marketed to the book trade so a comic book store will put it out Wednesday like everything else, but bookstore new releases are on Tuesdays, hence the 3/31 release date. Amazon just likes to ship shit early I guess.

Mafro

By the way, Bergen Street Press just shipped out COPRA - Round Two! They should start showing up in comic shops next week, so keep an eye out.
Got my copy of that last week. I still have Round One to finish.

Where have you guys been getting it from? Amazon?
Amazon UK. Meant to be out next week but they're shipping early for some reason.
The main cover shows the old Avengers. Is there some time travel involved? This is Remender and he loves time travel.
Yeah it's got the classic Avengers team and the modern one. Not sure if there's time travel or if the story is just split between two time periods.

Isak_Borg

OGN's are technically marketed to the book trade so a comic book store will put it out Wednesday like everything else, but bookstore new releases are on Tuesdays, hence the 3/31 release date. Amazon just likes to ship shit early I guess.

Some stores actually stock it on a Tuesday but with OGN's there isn't that much of rush to get it out there.

Read my scary books today, Wytches and Outcast. Still really enjoying them both.

Also read Ultra Comics which might be one of the most unique comic book experiences you will ever have. Gonna need to read this a few more time to fully formulate my own ideas on it.

Top Bottom