• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Squire

Banned
This cover on the right is the cover Sejic wants to use if he ever gets to do a second printing for Sunstone

This is the one for the second book. I think they are incredible.

God damn.

Would you recommend this, Messi? Sounds like this anime I watched (and loved) last year called Nana (apart from the BDSM stuff.)

Zombine

Banned
Would you recommend this, Messi? Sounds like this anime I watched (and loved) last year called Nana (apart from the BDSM stuff.)

Kinda sorta similar but not really. If you enjoyed Nana you could enjoy this. Nana is way more tame than Sunstone though.

Don't ever let Messi find out about Nana though.

This is your yearly reminder to go read Atomic Robo
QLFzXiV.jpg

I already have, but now seems like as good a time to go back through and re-read as any.

Plus, hey, can't beat free.

Messi

I would recommend it as it is my favorite book. I am probably not the best person to vouch for it as I am a complete fanboy of Sejic's work. But others here love Sunstone.

It's not anime though. It's just a beautiful friendship and romance involving bdsm and other stuffs. Not to say anime can't be those things.

Great art.

--

What is this Nana.

Squire

Banned
Kinda sorta similar but not really. If you enjoyed Nana you could enjoy this. Nana is way more tame than Sunstone though.

Don't ever let Messi find out about Nana though.

Ah, gotcha. I may check it out then.

Messi, watch/read Nana! I think you could love it.

This cover on the right is the cover Sejic wants to use if he ever gets to do a second printing for Sunstone

This is the one for the second book. I think they are incredible.

God damn.
Those are much better than the first cover.

I have friends that absolutely adore Nana. You'd probably like it

Messi

Those are much better than the first cover.

I have friends that absolutely adore Nana. You'd probably like it

Yeah they are. But they aren't the kind of thing you can lead with on your first trade. The default cover is nice too and I'm sure it helps sell copies.

Cheebo

Banned
There's no such thing as exclusive to image also he's writing for dark horse as well

You are incorrect. He isn't doing anything at Dark Horse. And Image does do exclusive deals with writer/artists.

Look at Ed Brubaker for example, he recently signed a exclusivity deal with Image Comics as well to only write comics for Image for the next 5 years (starting in 2014).
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/brubaker-talks-about-his-exclusive-deal-with-image-comics

You are incorrect. He isn't doing anything at Dark Horse. And Image does do exclusive deals with writer/artists.

Look at Ed Brubaker for example, he recently signed a exclusivity deal with Image Comics as well to only write comics for Image for the next 5 years (starting in 2014).
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/brubaker-talks-about-his-exclusive-deal-with-image-comics
Well that's interesting. I didn't know image did exclusive deals.

Marvel's exclusive deals aren't entirely exclusive. Marvel has let some artists work with other publishers during their exclusive deals.

Hagi

Catching up with Edmonsons Punisher, halfway through Volume 2 at the moment and have to say after issue 6 it's taken a bit of a nosedive. I enjoyed the whole setup of the first arc and was hoping it would continue him being in LA but alas this prison stuff is pretty dull. Maybe it will get better though i'm still behind.

Also got some stuff

Ready for Age of Ultron and X-men 92.

CzarTim

Does anyone know where I can read some of Marvel's MAX stuff digitally on my iPad? I want to read Alias but it's not on the main app or Unlimited.

Cade

Catching up with Edmonsons Punisher, halfway through Volume 2 at the moment and have to say after issue 6 it's taken a bit of a nosedive. I enjoyed the whole setup of the first arc and was hoping it would continue him being in LA but alas this prison stuff is pretty dull. Maybe it will get better though i'm still behind.

Also got some stuff

Where'd you get Rage of Ultron? I thought it was out in a few days. Either way, jealous.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Also got some stuff

Is Pym still mentioned as Ultrons creator there? Or is it MCUified?

Hagi

Where'd you get Rage of Ultron? I thought it was out in a few days. Either way, jealous.

Amazon UK

I've had a quick thumb through and the art is amazing. Gotta love Opeña. I'm hoping this will make up for the rather lackluster Axis.

Is Pym still mentioned as Ultrons creator there? Or is it MCUified?

As far as i can tell it's not been retconned to Tony but saying anymore might lead into spoilers.

Calcium

Banned
I got the first volume of Low in the mail today. I completely forgot that I had preordered it. Hopefully it is as good as Black Science was.

Zombine

Banned
I got the first volume of Low in the mail today. I completely forgot that I had preordered it. Hopefully it is as good as Black Science was.

They are both really wonderful books. It's tough to choose between the two best Sci-Fi books on the market, but I get way more hyped when I know it's new Low week than I do Black Science.

Cade

Amazon UK

I've had a quick thumb through and the art is amazing. Gotta love Opeña. I'm hoping this will make up for the rather lackluster Axis.

As far as i can tell it's not been retconned to Tony but saying anymore might lead into spoilers.

Damn. UK just getting all the Ultrons first :| Thanks for the info

Dude, this Absolute Justice is amazing. The oversized pages of Alex Ross's painted art is majestic. I swear it's taking me forever to read it because I'm just staring at the art, staring at the faces, staring at the details, staring at the emotion of the faces I'm studying the body language. It's all captured here. I sometimes, when reading comics, find myself taking the art for granted as I read. This book just pops in your face.

Cade

Dude, this Absolute Justice is amazing. The oversized pages of Alex Ross's painted art is majestic. I swear it's taking me forever to read it because I'm just staring at the art, staring at the faces, staring at the details, staring at the emotion of the faces I'm studying the body language. It's all captured here. I sometimes, when reading comics, find myself taking the art for granted as I read. This book just pops in your face.

Justice is amazing. Just fun from start to finish. Ross' art is so good and the designs of the
mech suits
are incredible.

headshot95

Neo Member
Just finished Morrison's Batman run. What a fun ride that was. I particularly liked the second half of the run, starting with Batman and Robin vol. 1 and the ending in Batman Inc. was great.

KingDirk

So I absolutely loved this week's Daredevil. Every bit of it. If I wasn't committed to my facial hair/hair situation, I would want to cosplay the new costume so much.

tim1138

Just finished Global Frequency, what a great book. I'm disappointed the pilot was never picked up, it would make a great television series on a cable network. This is pretty clearly a big inspiration for Zero. Can't recommend this book enough if you haven't read it yet.

Top Bottom