• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Weiss

Banned
I still have my Absolute Justice. I wanted to sell it off, but the slipcover is a bit damaged at one of the edge.

Shame that. I could have made some decent cash on it, and the story wasn't that great anyway.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
DC releases finally a Deluxe Edition of The Dark Knight Returns
and the Dark Knight Strikes Back.
Finally <3

The complete list of announcements:

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition
Batman: Year 100 Deluxe Edition
Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity Deluxe Edition
Crisis on Infinite Earths Deluxe Edition
DMZ The Deluxe Edition Book Five
Fables: The Deluxe Edition Book Eleven
Green Arrow by Jeff Lemire Deluxe Edition (The New 52)
Kid Eternity Deluxe Edition
Multiversity Deluxe Edition
Sandman: Overture Deluxe Edition
Scalped Deluxe Edition Book Three
Scalped Deluxe Edition Book Two
Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder Deluxe Edition
Sweet Tooth Deluxe Edition Book One
Oh my god, finally DC nails it. I need like every book of this.

And fuck. Finally Batman Year 100, Trinity and Crisis on Infinite Earths. Fuck, better as Marvel OHC announcements for this year

THE SANDMAN: OVERTURE DELUXE EDITION hardcover by Neil Gaiman and artistic luminary J.H. Williams III makes its debut this November.

001.jpg

tim1138

Yea IST has it for $45. I got Incal when it was re released in the fall and it's already OOP. Decided to get the rest now before I regret it. CMX a doesn't have them all digitally yet.

Yeah the Humanoids stuff on CMX is wildly inconsistent. I can't remember if it was Incal or Metabarons where half of it is in HD and the other half isn't.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thanks to Seraphis Cain for bringing Atomic Avenue to my attention. I was able to pick up two series I have been wanting for a while. (Shade The Changing Man and the rest of Maze Agency).

Threw in Unknown Soldier miniseries by Jim Owsley (aka Christopher Priest) to make up the free shipping minimum.

All of this for <$50.

Nice! Super glad I could be of help (even if I didn't realize it, heh)!

And hey, I see those two Moon Knight Special Edition issues too! :D

Yeah the Humanoids stuff on CMX is wildly inconsistent. I can't remember if it was Incal or Metabarons where half of it is in HD and the other half isn't.
I am looking to get technopriest on CMX a since it's no where to be found and I never heard of it before but looks cool. Waiting for a sale. Ahh I just looked and it's a mix of HD and non HD :(

Edit: has anyone else checked out the Dark Horse Manaras HCs? This is the first to check out his work but it looks great. bit there's quite a few volumes.

tim1138

I am looking to get technopriest on CMX a since it's no where to be found and I never heard of it before but looks cool. Waiting for a sale. Ahh I just looked and it's a mix of HD and non HD :(

Edit: has anyone else checked out the Dark Horse Manaras HCs? This is the first to check out his work but it looks great. bit there's quite a few volumes.

Where's Isak Borg when we need him, CMX needs to get that mess straightened out.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Finally <3

And fuck. Finally Batman Year 100, Trinity and Crisis on Infinite Earths. Fuck, better as Marvel OHC announcements for this year

Wowza. Tons of great releases. DC is really stepping up their OHC game.

Kipp

There was a Cthulhu Batman Elseworld Story? Wow :O
And its going to be released this Fall. Shit. Based DC.

Uhhh what!? That sounds awesome. It's probably pretty terrible though. Haha
Edit: Just kidding. Mignola is one of the creators on it. I'm sure it's incredible.

With all these new releases, I really ought to actually start reading some comics...

Ten new Dark Horse books coming this summer:

Barb Wire
Nail-hard tough and drop-dead gorgeous, Barb Wire is the baddest bounty hunter on the mean streets of Steel Harbor, where gangsters can lift bulldozers and leap rusting factories in a single bound. The hunting is stupid good and the bounties are hella big&#8212;if Barb lives long enough to collect!

Negative Space
When one man&#8217;s writer&#8217;s block gets in the way of his suicide note, he goes for a walk to clear his head and soon uncovers a century-old conspiracy dedicated to creating and mining the worst lows of human desperation. A corporation has manipulated his life purely so they can farm his suicide note as a sadness artifact that will be packed and shipped to ancient underwater creatures who feed off our strongest and most base emotions. Our hero partners with a cult intent on exposing the corporation, and only a suicide mission can solve the whole mess.

Zodiac Starforce
They&#8217;re an elite group of teenage girls with magical powers who have sworn to protect our planet against dark creatures . . . as long as they can get out of class! Known as the Zodiac Starforce, these high-school girls aren&#8217;t just combating math tests. They&#8217;re also battling monsters&#8212;not your typical afterschool activity! But when an evil force from another dimension infects team leader Emma, she must work with her team of magically powered friends to save herself&#8212;and the world&#8212;from the evil Diana and her mean-girl minions!

From Kevin Panetta (Bravest Warriors) and Paulina Ganucheau (TMNT: New Animated Adventures, Bravest Warriors), this super-fun and heartfelt story of growing up and friendship&#8212;with plenty of magical-girl fighting action&#8212;delivers the most exciting new ensemble cast in comics!

Great list finally

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Uhhh what!? That sounds awesome. It's probably pretty terrible though. Haha
Edit: Just kidding. Mignola is one of the creators on it. I'm sure it's incredible.

With all these new releases, I really ought to actually start reading some comics...
The doom that came to gotham.
Need to read The Doom That Came To Sarnath this night again.

Wow, DC really nails it. Marvels Fall and Winter Lineup is rather disappointing

Rage of Ultron was a fun read. Read it in one sitting which is unusual for me. I've been out of the loop on Avengers for a while and haven't read AXIS but I didn't have any trouble following it. That last page was interesting.

Messi

The Odinson and Jane pages in the most recent Thor made me really emotional.
she can't be Thor as it feels like it would betray the resolve she has with her illness. I am not good with stories that involve cancer :(. It will devastate me if she dies.
. Great art in those pages too.

JC wanted me to share this with you guys *tears*

Amazing stuff.

I miss you JC.

Calcium

Banned

Oh, nice. Will buy these two for sure.

tim1138

Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 1

Not to save the highlight for last, but it seems we can expect the Grant Morrison/Yanick Paquette graphic novel in November. No additional clues on the story aside from that Morrison "once again pushes the boundaries of the graphic novel page in his mind-bending new take on the most powerful woman in the DC Universe."

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

tim1138

Absolute Green Lantern/Green Arrow

Obviously I have no objection to Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams's seminal Green Lantern/Green Arrow getting all the continued attention it deserves, though I do wonder how the 1970s artwork will hold up in large-scale format.

This will be a wonderful addition to my growing Absolute collection.

Tizoc

What was Vol 1 like?

Dunno, never read it, if I find it digitally I'll link it in this thread.

Right now I am catching up to Ava's Demon, then Cucumber Quest and then...hmm I really need to make a list of all the webcomics I've read =_=
We need a webcomics OT for that matter...

Messi

Dunno, never read it, if I find it digitally I'll link it in this thread.

Right now I am catching up to Ava's Demon, then Cucumber Quest and then...hmm I really need to make a list of all the webcomics I've read =_=
We need a webcomics OT for that matter...

Have you read Sunstone :p

Tizoc

Have you read Sunstone :p

Yup! I like the art but the BDSM could've been a little lighter, not that I have a problem with it ;P

My brother watched iZombie and he liked it. I was thinking of telling my sister to watch it but I think she'd be grossed out by it :p

mreddie

The Odinson and Jane pages in the most recent Thor made me really emotional.
she can't be Thor as it feels like it would betray the resolve she has with her illness. I am not good with stories that involve cancer :(. It will devastate me if she dies.
. Great art in those pages too.

I hope she does pull though.
She ain't Thor though...hopefully.

Messi

Yup! I like the art but the BDSM could've been a little lighter, not that I have a problem with it ;P

My brother watched iZombie and he liked it. I was thinking of telling my sister to watch it but I think she'd be grossed out by it :p

I would have preferred nore vigorous bdsming thus far. But to each their own :).

Kipp

I would read comics... But I'm too busy practicing piano tuning
and probably driving my family absolutely crazy doing so
. Gotta practice so I can leave my office job and follow my dreams.

I might read a little more Alias today though. I really want to get that finished so I can read something else. I've been on Alias for over two months now.

Finally <3

DC's getting a lot of my money this year. The presence of Snyder's Swamp Thing makes me wonder if we'll see Lemire's Animal Man pop up anytime soon.

ZODIAC-STARFORCE-600x979.jpg

Zodiac Starforce

shit yeah

also

POWER-CUBED-600x915.jpg

On his eighteenth birthday, Kenny&#8217;s inventor father gives him a phenomenal piece of matter-reinterpreting technology, attracting the attention of a bumbling Nazi scientist and an elite government agent. Aaron Lopresti delivers a comical coming-of-age tale in a fantastic sci-fi universe!

heck yeah

I just don't like that cheebo is always acting like the authority on a subject. He/she has irritated me numerous times in Star Wars threads and in comics threads cheebo has made really absurd comments like "they won't go back to the original numbering on action comics because it's a different continuity". It just gets to me after awhile and on top of that cheebo has posted Star Wars spoilers without tags for rebels and episode 7 which those of us why want a complete blackout don't appreciate.

k

PsychBat!

Banned
I just don't like that cheebo is always acting like the authority on a subject. He/she has irritated me numerous times in Star Wars threads and in comics threads cheebo has made really absurd comments like "they won't go back to the original numbering on action comics because it's a different continuity". It just gets to me after awhile and on top of that cheebo has posted Star Wars spoilers without tags for rebels and episode 7 which those of us why want a complete blackout don't appreciate.

What if I told you that I made Cheebo act like a child before?

EDIT: This is just to break your view of him as an authority on any subject.

dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Top Bottom