• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

hunchback

Someone gave me some comics and I'm not sure if they are worth keeping. I haven't bought a comic in year's so I'm clueless.
I was given a series called Death Dealer. I have 3 different covers for each issue and some of them have a gold stamp that implies it was endorsed by the Frazetta organization or family.
Would anyone know if these are worth keeping or just pass along to my nephew. Thanks for any info.

frye

I got #1-#47 of Shade. A local store has the rest, will pick them up soon.

Have you finished reading GF?

Late spoiler -
The Aleph "Home Alone" issues was so much fun.

Those first 50 issues of Shade are brilliant comics. The last 20 though -- I'm not gonna say don't read 'em because there's some decent stuff in the last 6 or so, but just keep in mind that 50 functions perfectly fine as an ending. It's Bachalo's last arc and a particular plot development changes the dynamics of the series for the worse and Milligan also originally wanted to leave with Bachalo as well.

Marvel separating X-Men into their own contained universe. And then cancelling the whole thing to spite Fox!!!

http://www.newsarama.com/23947-axel-alonso-says-x-men-will-have-new-world-post-secret-wars.html
"Sometimes when you smash two pizzas together there are leftovers. And what you do what those leftovers defines you as a person. Do you take it out the next morning and eat it cold? Do you take some ingredients and make a meatball sub? Or do you let it sit in your fridge for a while, only to be forgotten about? Here at Marvel, we don't let anything go to waste, however useless they may seem. Much like the American Indian used every part of the buffalo, we will utilize every part to earn your dollar. And you sure bet we'll stick around when our distinguished competition tries to drive us out" [laughs]

J10

Banned
About these line-wide crossovers: I've noticed that some character's solos will often repeat entire blocks of text from a core miniseries during an event and redraw some of the same panels from a different angle. Do they basically just give those writers a few weeks off while the event writer just hijacks everybody's books?

Mudcrab

About these line-wide crossovers: I've noticed that some character's solos will often repeat entire blocks of text from a core miniseries during an event and redraw some of the same panels from a different angle. Do they basically just give those writers a few weeks off while the event writer just hijacks everybody's books?

It's more about the solo book writers connecting their own stories to the crossovers. All these guys get together and discuss how things are going to play out in thier various books. Sometimes it works out fine other times Bendis kills Professor X and Beast is forced to join the Illuminati.

J10

Banned
It's more about the solo book writers connecting their own stories to the crossovers. All these guys get together and discuss how things are going to play out in thier various books. Sometimes it works out fine other times Bendis kills Professor X and Beast is forced to join the Illuminati.

I get that. But there were a couple of books where this stuck out like a sore thumb during Infinity - Captain Marvel and Avengers - and it felt like I was reading the same scenes two or three times over, with too few differences in perspectives. I guess because all the characters were crammed in the same space.

PsychBat!

Banned
Hickman writing X-Men anyone? I mean, I know he's gonna take a break from Marvel for a bit but.... BELIEVE, as this is not how the world ends.

YES!!! WELCOME TO THE PROMISED LAND!!! I knew you would be free from that boring hellscape. :)

Honestly, I thought I was sticking around as a Gamora fan, but then I realized she hasn't been that great since Angela left. Those two played off each other very well. 1602 Witch Hunter Angela gon' be good.

Those first 50 issues of Shade are brilliant comics. The last 20 though -- I'm not gonna say don't read 'em because there's some decent stuff in the last 6 or so, but just keep in mind that 50 functions perfectly fine as an ending. It's Bachalo's last arc and a particular plot development changes the dynamics of the series for the worse and Milligan also originally wanted to leave with Bachalo as well.

Hmm. Ok, I will get #48-#50 for now. Read through them. Then get the rest if I really want to read more.

Messi

I absolutely adored everything about Jem #1, it was a fantastic first issue and everything I had hoped for. Most notably the art is amazing. Perfectly fits the tone and never looks bad imo. Kimber is my fav,
obviously lots of people will dislike her because she dropped some real talk on Jerrica but she totally needed to be told.
Loved her design most. Really great start and looking forward to more.

Top Bottom