• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hey guys ! I read this thread at work to kill time so I sorta feel like I know you guys but I haven't ever posted ! I was just wondering what you Canadians did for your comics. I've got a shop about an hour away that's pretty good, but it's an hour away ! InStockTrades has pretty crazy shipping costs in Canada ! Do we have a solid Canadian equivalent ?

And and and on another note I got the Big Hard Sex Criminals book and MAAN is this thing nice ! I can't wait to start reading !

Welcome, friend!

Line in the sand: Frank Quitely or Harley Quinn?

And I have no idea in regards to the Canada stuff. Sorry. :p

arkon

Problem is 1 and 2 seem a bit hard to find. Gonna have to go on a hunt around town for them probs

Damn, yeah, just had a look at all the volumes in the regular places. For once I managed to jump on before they became scarce.

A real shame that. Should be more readily available.

Zombine

Banned
Hey guys ! I read this thread at work to kill time so I sorta feel like I know you guys but I haven't ever posted ! I was just wondering what you Canadians did for your comics. I've got a shop about an hour away that's pretty good, but it's an hour away ! InStockTrades has pretty crazy shipping costs in Canada ! Do we have a solid Canadian equivalent ?

And and and on another note I got the Big Hard Sex Criminals book and MAAN is this thing nice ! I can't wait to start reading !

Hi! If you read this thread you should post! You know how weird we all are so you should join the club.

Messi

They're both clowns and they can blink, that's about it lol.

Joker is like an AP burst ranged character that relies on a skillshot. He's pretty good. I logged on to play a bit and the queue times are much faster than they were a month ago. I'm just sitting on 10k credits until they come out with a hero I really want. The voice acting in the game is surprisingly not terrible. Unsure who voices the Joker but he's almost on the same level as Baker or Hamill.

Oh wow they got Tara for Harley and Conroy for Batman. Ivy same as Arkham.

Gaslight Joker is voiced by Nolan North it would seem. Great choice. Regular joker is done by Richard Epcar who voiced him in Injustice. Tara strong pretty much always plays Harley now.

Messi

Welcome TalkingToast. Nice to have you here. I am Messi. I read comic books. I like Harley Quinn quite a bit and my favorite book is Sunstone. Other than that I like to read this new wave of teen centric cape books. Tell us a bit about your comic habits.

Now...

Line in the sand,

Freeza or Grandharrier?

Kipp or ViewtifulJC?

Me or Korupt?

Zombine or Cheska?

And who is your favorite hologram (Jem is muck)

It was Arleen Sorkin voicing Harley in Asylum. It's a shame that she doesn't voice her anymore, I prefer her to Tara.

I love them both and I know this is going to get me strung up but I prefer Tara Strong. That said Arleen was great in Asylum. But Tara does a great job in her own right.

Seems Arleen hadn't voiced Harley in 6 years between justice leagues cartoon 2003 and arkham 2009 and she voiced her in DC universe online after that in 2011. Nothing since.

I love them both and I know this is going to get me strung up but I prefer Tara Strong. That said Arleen was great in Asylum. But Tara does a great job in her own right.

Don't get me wrong, Tara does a reasonably good job. But to me, Arleen's Harley is Harley, while Tara's Harley is Tara. She sounds a little too much like other characters she's voiced to me, which is fair but distracting.

Messi

Don't get me wrong, Tara does a reasonably good job. But to me, Arleen's Harley is Harley, while Tara's Harley is Tara. She sounds a little too much like other characters she's voiced to me, which is fair but distracting.

Yeah I can see that. It's kind of happening to me right now with Troy Baker and it had happened with Nolan North.

Wrestlemania

I watched it. :D

PERC4WY.gif

tumblr_nm08k9kF6e1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Drawing over reading comics today. Thankfully, its an easier page (benefits of writing your own comic is you can write your self occasionally easy pages) so Ill be able to draw and color it much quicker than my last page. Been a productive sunday

Squire

Banned
Seems like it.

Fuck it, I was waiting for the finale of Fraction/Aja to start Lemire's, but I'm just gonna read it.

What a bunch of ass, this schedule.

It's really good so far, Lemire is a Canadian Superstar too so we gotta support him.

I love that Clint and Kate are sticking together.

The whole "fuck it, there's two Hawkeyes" is great. Really sets it apart.

I liked Lemire's first issue. The stuff with Clint's childhood is really compelling.

How is the framerate on the Handsome Jack Collection? I've heard things.

TPS is a bit of a mess (XB1) but even if it was perfect I just can't tear myself away from TVHM in BL2 with my now lvl 43 Maya. Just brilliant. I'm going through the story again with her and I'll be honest, I'd stuck to Normal mode for too long. Totally OP and got bored. Now I actually have to think and plan and use the right elementals. The game is truly alive now. My only problem is I can't play all six classes simultaneously.

That's another problem with TPS. None of the classes seem as cool as BL2's gang. And the settings, at least up to me being level 9 Nisha, are so samey. Has anyone played it all the way through? Does it ever get to new places that aren't boring moon surfaces? Where's my acid junkyards? My tropical paradises? My desert wrestling arenas circled by final fight levels rendered in 3d? This shit is hell of boring!

But it's borderlands so I'll play it with every class eventually I'm sure.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Now I'm editing some bird photos while listening to Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska and drinking wine and not reading comics.
Solid ending to a solid weekend.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Do you think Marvel will ever release a vol. 2. I mean up until the Clonesaga would be perfect for a second omnibus. Ugh why is Marvel so weird with the omnibus releases.
Its been 7 years since the Omnibus released, am I right? And there are still plenty avaiable, am I right?

I think its dead, Jim.

Sandfox

After reading and watching some positive takes on the new Avengers team I'm a lot more excited for the book than I should be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Been busy with Bloodborne lately but I've been wanting to post this for a couple of days. Had a doctor's appointment (just routine) the other day, and during the hour and half (!) wait I made full use of the read offline thing on MU, where I had recent issues and not civil war stuff. So, super quick thoughts on them:

All New Ghost Rider #7 - I was about ready to say (again) "why am I reading this" but the second half of the book got better with the demon convincing robbie to do some nasty stuff for cash, and OG Ghost Rider showing up for the cliffhanger

Rocket Racoon #3 - Still great, still super fun, still has amazing art... still think the book won't work with Young's art. But for now I'm loving it and it seems we will get iur confrontation with fake rocket next issue.

Storm #2 - ok book with storm having a little night on the town and running into callisto. It's a fine book but completely uneventful and has nothing on somethjng like Magneto for example.

Amazing X-Men Annual #1 - shit story, not even Salvador Laroca's art could save the book... hell even the art was lazy. Just bad.

Amazing X-Men #11 - this is more like it, part 4 of the Wendigo outbreak story (still love the concept) with not much happening but having some cool moments with wolverdigo, and the avengers don't feel forced in the story. Aurora being a mega bitch was annoying tho.

Uncanny Avengers #24 - March to Axis continues with Havok, Rogue and Wanda being captured and meeting up with Mags (also captured in his own book), with some nasty interactions between Rogue and Xavier with no scalp lol. Fun, even if you guys say Axis was awful. And I still hate the name S-Men

Wolverine & the X-Men #9 - Wolverine crashes Quentin's birthday party because he's worried about him but Quentin is still emo from seeing what he becomes in the future and tells Logan to fuck off. Great art, and the story was fine but I hate what they have done with Quentin and overall the book still pales in comparison to volume 1. Such a shame.

Not too bad, far from my hay day but to be fair all my comic time has been for Civil war the past week (comic time being at work lol).

I'm reading uncanny avengers and I'm so confused. I thought Immortus WAS kang but now later in the run there making it sound like two different people at odds with each other?

Also anyone who says marvel doesn't need a reboot is nuts. This book completely spoils Uncanny X-force but in order to read Uncanny X-Force one needs to read New X-Men and Age of Appocalypse. Same problem I'm having with young avengers, wolverine and the X-men, and Avengers World. Everything is too dependent on events that happened in other books.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I enjoyed Uncanny X-Force without even knowing that New X-Men exists. Same with Young Avengers.

Try googling in the internet when you dont understand something

I'm reading uncanny avengers and I'm so confused. I thought Immortus WAS kang but now later in the run there making it sound like two different people at odds with each other?

Also anyone who says marvel doesn't need a reboot is nuts. This book completely spoils Uncanny X-force but in order to read Uncanny X-Force one needs to read New X-Men and Age of Appocalypse. Same problem I'm having with young avengers, wolverine and the X-men, and Avengers World. Everything is too dependent on events that happened in other books.
While I get what you're saying, none of that would change with a reboot. Just look at the ultimate universe. You'd have to reboot every 10 years. It's what happens when you have a shared universe where 50 titles are published in a month.

Also I really don't think you need to read age of apocalypse for uncanny x force. I never read age of apocalypse and loved uncanny x force just the same. All you need to get about apocalypse for that run is that he's a bad dude who did some shit to archangel. Some writers like to really build off continuity. Remender is like that. Contrast that with a Mark Waid book.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
While I get what you're saying, none of that would change with a reboot. Just look at the ultimate universe. You'd have to reboot every 10 years. It's what happens when you have a shared universe where 50 titles are published in a month.

Also I really don't think you need to read age of apocalypse for uncanny x force. I never read age of apocalypse and loved uncanny x force just the same. All you need to get about apocalypse for that run is that he's a bad dude who did some shit to archangel. Some writers like to really build off continuity. Remender is like that. Contrast that with a Mark Waid book.

I think he meant because one of the arcs involves the AoA universe and characters :)

I think he meant because one of the arcs involves the AoA universe and characters :)

Well I'm in the middle of UA and this whole thing revolves around the Appocalypse twins which I guess are archangels kids and it picks up from UXF where I guess wolverine killed kid appocalypse and archangel but then this book also spoils that versions of them are still alive at the school. So not only am I confused but it also spoils the outcome of UXF which is a book I wanted to read. There should have been a warning at the beginning of the book to read UXF first or like a continuity timeline a the beginning like star wars novels used to have.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well I'm in the middle of UA and this whole thing revolves around the Appocalypse twins which I guess are archangels kids and it picks up from UXF where I guess wolverine killed kid appocalypse and archangel but then this book also spoils that versions of them are still alive at the school. So not only am I confused but it also spoils the outcome of UXF which is a book I wanted to read. There should have been a warning at the beginning of the book to read UXF first or like a continuity timeline a the beginning like star wars novels used to have.

Its pretty common that Marvel Ongoings takes place in the same order they are published. It works like this like always. And yeah, have a lot of fun making a timeline of 60 years of monthly comics with a couple of hundreds of issues that interefere with the story.

Rhaknar

You could have asked us and everyone here would have told you UA is literally a sequel to UXf. You're not wrong but you could have :)

Reading the marvel wiki entries on Immortus and Kang would clear the confusion right up.

Also "this xmen book requires a bit of prior knowledge! REBOOT THE WHOLE MARVEL UNIVERSE!"

Like. What.

This thread needs a reboot

It is coming

Last Month was our Convergence as comics, video games, anime, figures, and real life topics all came together in a single thread. Now, in two days, time runs out for the March Comics OT. Nothing will ever be the same again.

In a world without figures, will Freeza find something new to fill the void?

The wedding bells ring as Messi travels to South Korean to tie the knot with his Adam Hughes Harley variant.

CheskaPS3 is found unworthy of the Sony branding and must forge a new destiny as an Xbot.

What will Rhaknar do when he's finished the entire Marvel back catalog?

Will Zombine quit Comics OT forever?

Will JC manage to stay unbanned for more than a week?

Will somebody respond to one of Korupts' posts?

Will Sillymonkey actually like something?

These are just a few of the exciting possibilities in the stories we have to tell in April Comics OT.

Gotta learn to go with the flow. Uncanny X-Force reads just fine standalone.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Seems like Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb are still working on Captain America: White and are as good as finished...

Great to hear, how good that bought just three days ago the Yellow, Blue & Gray OHC.... -,-

Top Bottom