• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

It's times like this I wish I'd saved JC's signature anime girl gif.

iy1PTPU4cQZL4.gif

Which will finish first, Hawkeye or Hunter X Hunter?

Hunter X Hunter, because it will actually finish at some point.

There is no Marvel MOBA. Marvel Heroes is a Diablo clone with MMO elements and Infinite Crisis is a DC game.

Nitpicknitpicknitpick

There should be a Marvel MOBA though.

You 'ave t' get th' accent right, though, laddie.

That's like the Chris Claremont version of an Irish accent.

Hey, I liked what I played of Marvel Heroes even though it hated my laptop's GFX card (new PC can't get here soon enough). It's just very hard to justify another loot-whore game in my life when I've double dipped on Diablo III, my friends only want to play Borderlands and Path of Exile's amazing business model exists (seriously, how does that game make any money?).

COMICS! I finished Hawkeye vs. Deadpool last night. Really fun mini, loved the cartoony art style as well. Deadpool, Clint and Kate make quite the team.

Messi

Hey, I liked what I played of Marvel Heroes even though it hated my laptop's GFX card (new PC can't get here soon enough). It's just very hard to justify another loot-whore game in my life when I've double dipped on Diablo III, my friends only want to play Borderlands and Path of Exile's amazing business model exists (seriously, how does that game make any money?).

COMICS! I finished Hawkeye vs. Deadpool last night. Really fun mini, loved the cartoony art style as well. Deadpool, Clint and Kate make quite the team.

I also enjoyed Hawkeye vs Deadpool. I loved the portrayal of Kate. As dysfunctional teams go they are pretty fun.

The Kate/Clint relationship is the best thing to come out of Fraction/Aja's Hawkeye. That's by far my favorite part of it, among everything else that is good about it.

Owzers

I stopped reading Hawkeye at issue 19 i think, i wanted to wait until issue 22 comes out to read them all or wait for the second OHC.

That doesn't actually answer the question though.

Earth 2 is part of the DC universe. But it's not Earth Prime.

What's the point of relaunching stuff 1 year after they relaunched stuff.
Does Marvel hate the number 20 or something.

Number 1's sell lots of variants and bring people back onboard for a handful of issues. Then they dropoff rather substantially. So they keep relaunching to get that inflated initial boost.

Messi

I made a list of Convergence, post Convergence and Secret Wars books I'd be willing to try during the events.

46 books.

Fucking hell lads.

Boogiepop

Finished Geoff Johns Green Lantern Omnibus 1 last night. That definitely, definitely picked up with the Sinestro War stuff, and I'm certainly looking forward to the next one. I'm not super familiar with the big bads outside of knowing the names and some vague info about them, but that was definitely quite a team Sinestro pulled together there, geeze. Also just to confirm, the reason Superboy Prime is so threatening is because he's supposed to have pre-Crisis level Superman power, right? Or do I have that mixed up?

Also, I didn't read through the "secret files" stuff outside of skimming, but geeze there are a lot of Green Lanterns. I never really thought about the fact that somehow they have to keep together an archive of all these super minor characters that I assume are mostly used as background filler for Green Lantern battles. It has to be weird being an artist on the title. Like, do they just have a big archive of Lanterns for when they need to show a crowd scene and then they just pick and choose which ones to use?

Squire

Banned
The Kate/Clint relationship is the best thing to come out of Fraction/Aja's Hawkeye. That's by far my favorite part of it, among everything else that is good about it.

Yes, same here. Glad they're sticking together.

I'll probably check out Deadpool vs. Hawkeye, too.

Tizoc

Odd that IST doesn't have the Hardcover of all 3 TPBs but whatevs
fG2I1XE.png

I can wait 2 months for these~ Dat sigma <3

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Real talk:
Even though I'm making way more money now, that just means I want to save more money, so I gave myself a monthly budget of $250 to spend on entertainment and whatnot. Even though I've set aside that small amount of money to spend without guilt on fun things, I hadn't bought anything this whole month until I just splurged and bought that Hulkbuster Lego set at Target since it was on sale for $24.
I've now gone into the mindset that I need to save my entertainment budget in case a month comes where I want to spend more than $250 on fun things.

I'm saving the money I've set aside from my savings specifically to spend. I'm the worst.

Zombine

Banned
Real talk:
Even though I'm making way more money now, that just means I want to save more money, so I gave myself a monthly budget of $250 to spend on entertainment and whatnot. Even though I've set aside that small amount of money to spend without guilt on fun things, I hadn't bought anything this whole month until I just splurged and bought that Hulkbuster Lego set at Target since it was on sale for $24.
I've now gone into the mindset that I need to save my entertainment budget in case a month comes where I want to spend more than $250 on fun things.

I'm saving the money I've set aside from my savings specifically to spend. I'm the worst.

When Kipp deposits money in the bank he thinks that he needs to save more money because he just lost some.

Kipp

When Kipp deposits money in the bank he thinks that he needs to save more money because he just lost some.

I lol'd

The scary part is that there's a tiny bit of truth in it... When I invested about 90% of my savings into index funds a while back, I was like "Oh geez. I gotta save money. I've barely got any left."

Zombine

Banned
I lol'd

The scary part is that there's a tiny bit of truth in it... When I invested about 90% of my savings into index funds a while back, I was like "Oh geez. I gotta save money. I've barely got any left."

I should put more money into investing but I sort of like my things. I would like to play the stock market though.

Working through the backlog, realized i never got around to reading this thang

So i did.

Have a hard time understanding how they'd allow something like this to happen nowadays. From the way the dialogue is written and the story is formed, all the way to how it ends.
Don't know if one is supposed to pity or be glad that kraven achieved his goal.

(then again, editorial allowed Axis to happen, so giving no fucks ain't exactly a new concept to them)

Real talk:

Hell Kipp, I wish I was more like you. Dropping serious cash on this new PC the next few weeks, and I'm making it worse by buying games as "benchmarks". This week alone, I bought MGS Ground Zeroes, Game of Thrones, Blackrock Mountain, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Wolfenstein: New Order. Granted, they were all on sale except Blackrock because LOL BLIZZARD, but still. Mortal Kombat X is the last one until the Summer Sale for me. I think I'm skipping the Kombat Pack as well since I only want the Predator. There's more than enough characters in the core set for me.

I gotta get serious now that I have an actual job. I've lived by the seat of my pants for the last few years, now I gotta think about savings and paying my student loans and stuff. Convergence and Secret Wars are a good time to drastically cut down the pulllist I think.

Zombine

Banned
Hell Kipp, I wish I was more like you. Dropping serious cash on this new PC the next few weeks, and I'm making it worse by buying games as "benchmarks". This week alone, I bought MGS Ground Zeroes, Game of Thrones, Blackrock Mountain, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Wolfenstein: New Order. Granted, they were all on sale except Blackrock because LOL BLIZZARD, but still. Mortal Kombat X is the last one until the Summer Sale for me. I think I'm skipping the Kombat Pack as well since I only want the Predator. There's more than enough characters in the core set for me.

I gotta get serious now that I have an actual job. I've lived by the seat of my pants for the last few years, now I gotta think about savings and paying my student loans and stuff. Convergence and Secret Wars are a good time to drastically cut down the pulllist I think.

I did the same thing with my PC build in November, and it makes you go game crazy. The only reason why I can do what I do is because I have multiple jobs. I've even slowed down a tiny bit because I wasn't enjoying the stuff that I was buying.

Kipp

I should put more money into investing but I sort of like my things. I would like to play the stock market though.

If it makes you feel better, my stocks have stuck between plus or minus 5% of what I originally invested two years ago, so they haven't done me much good so far (not that they've hurt me either). In fact, I checked on them this morning for the first time in a weke or so and they were 1% up on my original investment.

One of my coworkers had a great idea:

"I'm just going to take this check and bet it all on black."

I literally had this exact thought earlier this morning. I would never do it, but it was fun to briefly think about. Haha. I get my paychecks monthly, too, so it'd very much be a "go big or go home" scenario.

Nudull

Banned
Working through the backlog, realized i never got around to reading this thang

So i did.

Have a hard time understanding how they'd allow something like this to happen nowadays. From the way the dialogue is written and the story is formed, all the way to how it ends.
Don't know if one is supposed to pity or be glad that kraven achieved his goal.

(then again, editorial allowed Axis to happen, so giving no fucks ain't exactly a new concept to them)

Is Kraven...uh...going commando down there?

Top Bottom