• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I already feel bad, when I am huntig down Spidey One-Shots and see prices about 80-100€ for a single issue, and I cant believe that there are people really paying >1000$ for modern comics... o_O

I already feel bad, when I am huntig down Spidey One-Shots and see prices about 80-100€ for a single issue, and I cant believe that there are people really paying >1000$ for modern comics... o_O

I don't know, man. I think it's the lack of patience. The "need it now" mentality is killing a lot of wallets, especially in regards to Amiibos.

Messi

I think the collectors market is more like day trading. It's not worth it to hold on to comics for years and hope they go up. I have sold many new comics for great money to the shop where I bought it from. For instance, I bought the Adam Hughes Harley #1 variant for $20 bucks when it came out. Exactly one year later I sold it back to the very shop I bought it from for $75. Harley is hot right now. Same with New Teen Titans #2. Bought it for $40 and then Deathstroke blew up because of Arrow and I sold it for $80.

You see how much the Adam Hughes Harley goes for now?

JEM-03-cover-9b03c.jpg

:D

Deathstroke #5:

Actually really like how they handled the Deathstroke vs Batman fight. Seems like Bats had the upperhand for most of the fight, only losing control when Slade sucker punched & when Batman didn't go for the killing blow. Kind of a surprise that Bats would win but I suppose Slade is depowered(?).

Love how the issue was pretty much fan service and Harley was instigating the whole ordeal.

Deathstroke #5:

Actually really like how they handled the Deathstroke vs Batman fight. Seems like Bats had the upperhand for most of the fight, only losing control when Slade sucker punched & when Batman didn't go for the killing blow. Kind of a surprise that Bats would win but I suppose Slade is depowered(?).

Love how the issue was pretty much fan service and Harley was instigating the whole ordeal.

Yeah, Daniel has some solid story ideas and draws the hell out of it. His only negative is some corny dialog.

Vyer

I saw Kingsman bros. I've never read the original comics, but I gotta say: it was a damn good time.

This is why I keep asking if I should buy multiple copies of some of the new books. Comic speculation is hot right now.

Hey no one's stopping you from buying multiple copies. The truth is that most comics really aren't worth anything, so that's why I usually just say not to.

I dabbled a bit in collecting years ago but I stopped. I only really aimed for a few first or landmark issues I wanted: Spectacular Spider-Man #1, Savage She-Hulk #1, Iron Fist Volume 1 #1, Nova Volume 1 #1, Thor 337, etc. I thought it was kind of fun but ultimately pointless since I realized I'd never sell any of them.

Tizoc

"I've broken into the shipping room...from here they export...death!"
We need more lines in comics like this :V

Jem and the Holograms came out and was done with before I was old enough to get into the series. Interested to check out the comic though, I like what Kelly has said about it so far, and of course love Ross's art.

I'll probably be picking up Jem as well. She was my second love after Rainbow Bright when I was a wee young'n.

Cheetara...

You scoundrel.

Will I like Jem?

I don't know. It was a really goofy ass concept. If I recall it was something like an evil corporation wanted to take over her families company or some nonsense and they had to have a battle of the bands over six months to see who'd get control of it. Also her father left her a computer that could project holograms. Because why not. I'm just not so sure about Kelly Thompson. We'll see.

Top Bottom