• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

How is Fruits Basket. I am afraid to go ask anime gaf. I kinda wanna watch it.
Watch Idolm@ster instead, there's a lot of cute girls and merchandise to last you a lifetime
So we're Marvel now: Perpetually jumping from one event to the next and only ending the current event because there's a new one next month and having more than 3 running concurrently might confuse the readerbase too much.
Every new OT is a new #1

Right. So.
Catching up on ultimates before reading cataclysm. Infinity gauntlet arc.

Reed escapes and solves world hunger, world crime, world everything in 24 hours.

Why is one supposed to cheer for the opposition again?

Nothing wrong with Anime. My favourite is Avatar the last airbender.

How is Fruits Basket. I am afraid to go ask anime gaf. I kinda wanna watch it.

The Manga starts out like a standard Shoujo and is a bit overlong, but it is not bad. Worth a read if you can borrow it.

Looking at my bookmark, I'm about 3/8 through the Johns GL omnibus. This is some good stuff! Such memorable moments but I think my favorite story so far was a one shot with Darwyn Cooke on art. Hal teaching Kyle how to fly. Guy Gardner is a trip and quite different than his Red Lantern stuff. The Spider arc was pretty good and did a good job of fleshing out some characters outside of Hal. Just got my first taste of Black Hand.

Idolm@ster is lewd?
No, it's about an idol firm trying to hit it big basically. It's cute.
Looking at my bookmark, I'm about 3/8 through the Johns GL omnibus. This is some good stuff! Such memorable moments but I think my favorite story so far was a one shot with Darwyn Cooke on art. Hal teaching Kyle how to fly. Guy Gardner is a trip and quite different than his Red Lantern stuff. The Spider arc was pretty good and did a good job of fleshing out some characters outside of Hal. Just got my first taste of Black Hand.
Glad you're enjoying it. I want to get the omni eventually since I missed most of it. I really liked the bits I did read though, most of it was the stuff leading up to Blackest Night with the various Lantern corps. Larfleeze is amazing.

Messi

Rereading Runaways from the beginning Molly is my fav. This book is still awesome. I hope the secret wars book leads to them trying to bring back something like it.

Age of Ultron 10

So THAT'S WHY people like to shit on bendis's throat extra hard. "yeah, i know that marvel timetravel just generates more universes, but fuckit, i'm closing this arc with an asspull on top of an asspull".

Kinda impressive, really.
No idea why he's got so much pull inside marvel to get away with this kinda shit.

PsychBat!

Banned
Age of Ultron 10

So THAT'S WHY people like to shit on bendis's throat extra hard. "yeah, i know that marvel timetravel just generates more universes, but fuckit, i'm closing this arc with an asspull on top of an asspull".

Kinda impressive, really.
No idea why he's got so much pull inside marvel to get away with this kinda shit.

His Avengers and Guardians don't help either.

barrin87

Finished reading Trees today and I really enjoyed it. Story was interesting and Jason Howard's art actually fit the story pretty well even though it wasn't what I'd call the greatest. I'll be interested to see what happens whenever the next trade will come out.
Will be interesting to see the story in the next trade since the cast of the first trade are all pretty much gone.

Halfway through the second trade of New 52 Wonder Woman and it's pretty good so far.

Zombine

Banned
Oh dear God...Sleeping Dogs on Extreme at 120fps with all the content...

tumblr_lqcektZWEc1qzi64q.gif

Zombine

Banned
What graphics card you running, bro?

GTX 970. It runs everything at whatever settings I want.

gta v the best open world in recent memory but sleeping dogs might be the most fun. really loved that game.

It has a lot of charm and it's probably my girlfriend's favorite game next to Gears of War 3. I finally decided to play it on PC to see how my rig treated it and I got hooked. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks a lot, City of Heroes nostalgia. I was gonna start playing Citizen Kabuto this weekend.

Instead, I spend the whole weekend brainstorming and doodling OCs.

Ok, this is fucked up.

Cataclysm: Ultimates Last Stand #3

Bendis has Susan choking Reed.

Susan... choking.... a guy that has no internal organs and doesn't breathe or eat.

Dude really gives not a single fuck about in-universe consistency. But hey, we got a scene where Sue acted tuff, so win win.

Also i swear he has some hard on for kitty pride.

Owzers

MacGruber is secretly one of my favoritest comedies, so even though i don't give many tv shows a try i couldn't resist this and i have not been disappointed even though it's a little awkward.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Update on that treasure hunt thing for explicit comics/graphic novels. I went to a few used bookstores today looking for the recommendations you all told me.

Ended up getting The Strange Talent of Luther Strode and the second one with a different title but same character.
Fingers crossed I win.

NexusCell

Ok, this is fucked up.

Cataclysm: Ultimates Last Stand #3

Bendis has Susan choking Reed.

Susan... choking.... a guy that has no internal organs and doesn't breathe or eat.

Dude really gives not a single fuck about in-universe consistency. But hey, we got a scene where Sue acted tuff, so win win.

Also i swear he has some hard on for kitty pride.

I just want him to go back to street level. He was great doing that kind of stuff. Hopefully he gets to do that Heroes for Hire book he always wanted to do.

Also, there's basically jackshit on my reading list this week:
Marvel:
Avengers 42

DC:
JL 3000 15

Anyone got any recommendations on any of the books coming out this week?

Hey Video Game Comic GAF, what are you buying this month?

I'm thinking:

Helldivers
Final Fantasy Type-0
Hotline Miami 2
Bloodborne

...and maybe Bladestorm:Nightmare if it isn't shit.

Cade

I'm thinking:

Helldivers
Final Fantasy Type-0
Hotline Miami 2
Bloodborne

Maaaaybe HM2. I'm mostly just trying to save money for the big heavy hitters this year. I'm waiting on Bloodborne - DSII still seems like it just came out and the alpha rubbed me a bit wrong.
I only want Type 0 for the XV demo so I have to pass, especially for a $60 PSP remastering...

Don't know. What all is even out this month?

I'm thinking:

Helldivers
Final Fantasy Type-0
Hotline Miami 2
Bloodborne

playing video games ayy lmao

next thing you know you niggas gon be reading comics

bloodborne/ori and the blind forest/DmC maybe

Zombine

Banned
I just want everything. I'm buying all of it.

Actually, my most anticipated game is Hotline Miami 2. Dat soundtrack and Art. After that my hype is all placed on Bloodborne and everything else is just whatever. Lotta great games coming out but those are the ones I know won't just sit on my shelf. I'll get type O as well but I doubt I'll actually finish it.

Zombine

Banned
I'm debating DmC. I played the original release last-gen, so I don't know if there's enough new content to justify it. Maybe for playable Vergil I would.

I'll see what it's performance is like. If it's worse than the version that's already on PC I'll
Give it a pass. That's how I feel about Borderlands Collection as well. Game is still going to look worse on PS4/Xbox than what's already available on PC.

Zombine

Banned
wait, what's the release date for Hotline Miami 2

Like...this week? Next week? It's soon. PC and Vita for me. It's still fun on consoles but the controls are weird. You don't get to do those choreographed dances of death with a controller.

Zombine

Banned
Space Dandy is coming out in the middle of the month as well. It's dirt cheap on Amazon.

Aniplex could learn from Funimation.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Actually, my most anticipated game is Hotline Miami 2. Dat soundtrack and Art.

Same. Hotline Miami was one of the last games that I really, really enjoyed. The gameplay and OST were both perfect.

Yeah I like to own things. Loved it, can't wait to watch it not at fuckin midnight. I'm not a nocturnal mole rat like some anime fans...

I usually don't buy BD sets of things I've seen anymore, but I'll give you a pass on Dandy. It was pretty amazing. Funi needs to hurry up with that Barakamon Blu-Ray.

7bacj1x.gif

Top Bottom