• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Senior writer for Comics Alliance and just announced writer fit the Secret Wars X-Men '92 series.

oh. Something I'll no doubt fail to read.

I'm telling you, barely any of the Secret Wars books has caught my interest. Renew Your Vows, definitely. Same for M.O.D.O.K, but other than that... Pretty slim pickings.

Really sad to see Zero ending but it sounds from the solicitation that it's an actual end to the story which is nice to see. I can't wait to see how the story wraps up. At least Sex Criminals starts back up again in June.
I really hope Zero has it's intended ending. I think I remember in an interview that Kot set out to do 30 issues. Guess it's just wait and see for now, sequal series are pretty popular too.

that ending tho
Don't do this to me. Doc Ock was too good at his job. :(
Im still working my way through the Big Time collections, but really looking forward to finally getting to Superior. Slott can be a bit hit or miss for me but when he misses its not too bad but when he's on damn is it good.
I don't care much for Slott's run on Amazing but when he announced Superior and what the twist was it rejuvenated my interest in reading Spider-Man. Those were some good times when it came out.

Nudull

Banned
It's a shame too, Comics Alliance is one of the leading voices in progressive changes for comics. This is no way looks good for their image. :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'm really enjoying nailbiter. Picked up the second tbp yesterday. Need the third to hurry up now. Anyone else here like it as much as I do? Quality stays high?

Oh, son of a...

Valerie said she maybe hoping to DC. Oh god, doesn't DC have their own fair share of dickheads like Scott Lobdell?

yea, they have those there too, but then again there probably isn't someone there who was shitty to her on a personal level. I knew he really didn't like her but i didn't know the extent and how one-sided it was

tim!

It looks like DC is quietly trickling out CMX Jack Kirby work. Today DC is releasing Forever People #1. Could the 4th world digital release be happening???

Cheska

Hey guys. Sorry I've been absent for the past few days, I've been actively trying to avoid the internet, but it's definitely getting harder now that FF Type 0 has been released.

The internet has been more vile than usual, and to be completely honest I've seen things written on Twitter by my fellow women that have actually disgusted me.

I'm definitely an opinionated person, but many times I find myself more unfazed by what the crowd is bitching at then most.

I really wanted to come in here and give all of you guys a huge thank you. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only woman who actively posts in this thread, and you guys have always been super welcoming, and beyond anything, have always made me feel comfortable. Very rarely is something spewed that actually offends me.

So a huge group hug for one of the best communities on GAF. Thanks for being awesome <3

besada

Banned
EEEEEHHHH

First impressions on this thread (and there wasn't many, I probably count two IIRC) were that it's garbage.

Yeah, it's not great. I'm mostly watching it for Eddie Izzard at this point. They borked out of the gate with their casting for Walker.

besada

Banned
Hah, that's like the only thing I know about the show, that Eddie Izzard's in it for some reason.

He's playing a fairly terrifying Wolfe. The show has fucked up the original plot all over the place, and even though the writing for Wolfe is over the top, Eddie really sells it. Pretty much everything else about the show sucks. Especially Walker, who went from being a stoic smart-ass to a whining little jerk.

Messi

Hey guys. Sorry I've been absent for the past few days, I've been actively trying to avoid the internet, but it's definitely getting harder now that FF Type 0 has been released.

The internet has been more vile than usual, and to be completely honest I've seen things written on Twitter by my fellow women that have actually disgusted me.

I'm definitely an opinionated person, but many times I find myself more unfazed by what the crowd is bitching at then most.

I really wanted to come in here and give all of you guys a huge thank you. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only woman who actively posts in this thread, and you guys have always been super welcoming, and beyond anything, have always made me feel comfortable. Very rarely is something spewed that actually offends me.

So a huge group hug for one of the best communities on GAF. Thanks for being awesome <3

Freeza is a girl no?

I like to think we are quite welcoming and are a pretty good community. I like helping newbies find good books.

--

Did you guys see in the Image solicits Chip Zdarsky's name is written as something else.

How is Type-0? I haven't picked it up yet. Kinda leery of $60 demos, plus I've heard things about motion blur and visuals being not-so-great. I don't want to drop $60 on a game I won't start yet anyway because OMG BLOODBORNE NEXT WEEK HHHHNNNNNGGGGGG.

Oh? Do tell. Let's gossip. BTW, we traded in our Mumei for a besada.

Yay, hugs!

Yeah, it's not great. I'm mostly watching it for Eddie Izzard at this point. They borked out of the gate with their casting for Walker.

Yeah, the previews looked completely underwhelming. Casting looked like a train-wreck.

Vyer

I watched the first episode of Powers. It was terrible. I know it probably had a relatively small budget, but man it is awkward and just poor all around.

Messi

story: MATT FRACTION
art / cover: CRIP ZNBLOODZ

story: MATT FRACTION
art: CHEP DURKDURK

I heard Kipp is actually a computer and that is why he can't buy comic books.

Oh, son of a...

Valerie said she maybe hoping to DC. Oh god, doesn't DC have their own fair share of dickheads like Scott Lobdell?
Valerie made a career out of writing about her experiences with sexism and harassment as an assistant editor for DC Comics, and criticized them endlessly on her now non-existent blog. Dan Didio was apparently a frequent target of her ire.

But hey, Marvel went and hired Chris Sims so that's all water under the bridge now.

Owzers

I really like Copley and haven't read the comics so i didn't know much about the character differences, so i am still liking the show a lot with my main gripes being the the younger girl wannabe.

besada new ComicsGAF mod confirmed? What do you think of Harley Quinn? please respond
Valerie made a career out of writing about her experiences with sexism and harassment as an assistant editor for DC Comics, and criticized them endlessly on her now non-existent blog. Dan Didio was apparently a frequent target of her ire.

But hey, Marvel went and hired Chris Sims so that's all water under the bridge now.

Oooh, interesting

frye

A lot of this is my own biases as someone who came to the comics internet after D'Orazio had more or less left it for various reasons, but my impression is that while she was treated very unfairly in many instances, there were also a lot of people within the comics writing circles that I consider to be fairly reasonable who seriously, genuinely disliked her.

Personally, "I'm going to DC now unless you fire this dude" seems manipulative to me but that said, if she seriously got PTSD from her experiences online that is pretty horrible.

Top Bottom