• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

SoilBreak

Banned
Didn't George RR Martin want to do a Strange OGN/Ongoing at some point?

Yep.

I’d separate him more, I wouldn’t drag in the rest of the Marvel Universe or make him part of a team,” the author says. “He doesn’t really fit any of that stuff. He’s a guy who hardly even should be known to the other heroes, living on the edge of the Marvel Universe, protecting the world and our dimension and plane from dangers and forces out there that the other characters, like Spider-Man and the Avengers, don’t even dream exists, y’know. He’s our wall against Cthulhu, the Great Old Ones and, y’know, the Dread Dormammu and stuff like that. That was when Doctor Strange was at his best, when Lee and Ditko were doing him in just that manner.”

I'd read that. To be honest, I hate when Marvel shoe horns him into insignificant events. The whole time I'm thinking, "Can't Strange just will this all away?" It's like modifying a flame thrower to light a candle.

I'm thinking it's more of a move to get him firmly cemented into the cinema world, where he won't be nearly as powerful as he is in comics.

All this Joker stuff made me order that Joker Celebration of 75 years book that just came out. Bunch of stuff I have never seen that I have always wanted too.

Featuring stories from BATMAN #1, 5, 25, 32, 85, 163, 251, 427, BATMAN #15 (THE NEW 52), DETECTIVE COMICS #64, 168, 180, 475, 476, 726, 741, 826, DETECTIVE COMICS #1 (THE NEW 52), WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #61, SUPERMAN #9 and BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #66.

Pfffft. If you've got your face in Marvel solicits, you're missing the good shit.

GodHatesAstronauts09-2x3-300-d9a37.jpg
RatQueens12-2x3-300-fa144.jpg
TWD143-2x3-300-4b0be.jpg

Mudcrab

I think Brother Voodoo still holds the title. Considering all the nasty shit he's been doing recently, he doesn't seem very worthy.

He got the title back but I think Voodoo still has some kind of claim. Maybe they'll reference that in Uncanny Avengers. At least I think I read that he was going to have a part in that book.

Edit: Beaten.

Huh. Uncanny Avengers #3 delayed till May and Duggan is co writing it. Why you do this to me Marvel?

Also no Remender penned book. Is Remender leaving Marvel?

fauxtrot

Banned
Do we know if Zero is getting cancelled due to low sales or did Kot have the end of the series in mind this soon? I'd assume the former, which is really a bummer... I've been doing my part since issue #8!

ReAxion

Do we know if Zero is getting cancelled due to low sales or did Kot have the end of the series in mind this soon? I'd assume the former, which is really a bummer... I've been doing my part since issue #8!

I wanna say I saw somewhere that he had it in mind but he could have gone deeper.

Raife

Huh. Uncanny Avengers #3 delayed till May and Duggan is co writing it. Why you do this to me Marvel?

Also no Remender penned book. Is Remender leaving Marvel?

Haven't a lot of writers with successful creator owned properties been leaving Marvel lately? Brubaker took Criminal back to Image. Fraction stopped doing a lot of stuff as well. Just the last issue of Hawkeye and then I think he is gone too. Maybe Remender is next in line to go? Or they are just waiting to announce his next stuff after they do the big reset this summer?

All this God Hates Astronauts love is reminding me that I never told you guys how that Indie Comics presentation went (really, really, really well). GHA completely killed it, as did Sex Criminals and American Vampire.

Haven't a lot of writers with successful creator owned properties been leaving Marvel lately? Brubaker took Criminal back to Image. Fraction stopped doing a lot of stuff as well. Just the last issue of Hawkeye and then I think he is gone too. Maybe Remender is next in line to go? Or they are just waiting to announce his next stuff after they do the big reset this summer?

Deal is if Remender left it wasn't due to monetary reasons since his Fear Agent stuff was selling extremely well when he got big in Marvel with UXF.

And it also means going to shift more to Bendis's style of books.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
That Mignola talk reminded me that it's been way too long since I've read some Hellboy.
Hellboy is definitely one of those comics that I continually put off reading because I know I'll absolutely adore it so I have to save it for just the right time when I'll enjoy it most. And because of that, I'll probably end up re-reading Library Edition vol 1 before I finish Library Edition vol 2. Haha

That Mignola talk reminded me that it's been way too long since I've read some Hellboy.
Hellboy is definitely one of those comics that I continually put off reading because I know I'll absolutely adore it so I have to save it for just the right time when I'll enjoy it most. And because of that, I'll probably end up re-reading Library Edition vol 1 before I finish Library Edition vol 2. Haha

Full Hellboy run this year. You and me both. Let's do this.

ABSOLUTE BATMAN: THE COURT OF OWLS HC
Written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
Art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
Cover by GREG CAPULLO
Advance solicited • On sale OCTOBER 28 • 384 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5”, $99.99 US
The explosive “Court of Owls” storyline gets the Absolute Edition treatment, collecting BATMAN #1-11! It all begins when a series of brutal murders rocks not only Gotham City to its core but also the Caped Crusader himself when the prime suspect is one of Batman’s closest allies – Dick Grayson! After a series of deadly discoveries, Bruce Wayne has learned that the Court of Owls is real — and a deadly threat out to control Gotham City!

That's a bit expensive....

Takuan

Kinda depends on the exclusivity of the cover. Like sometimes they have to order 50 or 100 books or whatever to get just one issue of the variant.
I gotcha. So in some ways they're rewards for vendors who have large and regular customer bases. The premium is totally warranted in those cases, then. I figured the store owner was just a bit of a crook!

Top Bottom