• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

SoilBreak

Banned
Oh please. Is an alarm going to go off every time someone says something mean?

Yesterday it was the overreaction that led to the Joker cover getting cancelled and now this.

To be honest D'Orazio seems like kind of a troublemaker herself

I don't see how harassing someone to the point of them getting PTSD is just "saying something mean".

PsychBat!

Banned
Okay.... if I'm buying X-Men 92, I'm getting it from a third party seller on ebay. That's probably the only way I'll live with myself.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a sad day when Superior Foes is the low point of your comic reading day, but this head of the Maggia arc is just dragging now.

The Kate focused Hawkeye #20 was good but I just want to go back to Clint's story.

Also just found my Infinity cheat-sheet and i remembered I stopped halfway, wonder if I even remember any of it when I resume. Anyway now that I'm back to work I'll probably going to start binge reading again

Nudull

Banned
Oh please. Is an alarm going to go off every time someone says something mean?

Yesterday it was the overreaction that led to the Joker cover getting cancelled and now this.

To be honest D'Orazio seems like kind of a troublemaker herself

I want you to look at that sentence for a second.

Congratulations. You just repeated a phrase made by many in the industry and many other workplaces to silence women who get harassed.

PsychBat!

Banned
Honestly I have just this to say in between the relentless drama of the Batgirl cover, the creepy stalker and the recent post Gambit made:

I love ComicGAF and I love the people here.

Zombine, Messi, Freeza, Tyrant Rave, Tetrax, Kipp, JC, Birdie, Nudull, Serpentine, sillymonkey, buddyjoehooker, Baron von Loathsome, GAMEPROFF, Soilbreak, Ed, fauxtrot, whatsinaname, mudcrab, rafa, Cheska and anyone else I may have forgotten who frequents here.

You people have made it worth coming in every day since I came by like the little noob I was since last July.

And now... I go to Marvel Heroes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo... Ultimate Spider Man #1 was so good. I read this back in the day (not the whole series but god knows where I stopped) but I barely remembered any of it. I forgot the angle where Osborn knows from the start and even how young peter is (or anyone really). Bendis is on point, the art is awesome, and the origin retelling is great. Might be my new binge...how big is this again, like 150+ right? x_x

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Honestly I have just this to say in between the relentless drama of the Batgirl cover, the creepy stalker and the recent post Gambit made:

Zombine, Messi, Freeza, Tyrant Rave, Tetrax, Kipp, JC, Birdie, Nudull, Serpentine, sillymonkey, buddyjoehooker, Baron von Loathsome, GAMEPROFF, Soilbreak, Ed, fauxtrot, whatsinaname, mudcrab, rafa, Cheska and anyone else I may have forgotten who frequents here.

You people have made it worth coming in every day since I came by like the little noob I was since last July.

Awwwww. Well thanks. You've added a lot to the community as well.

If ever did this industry needed a new comic book day.....

COMICS!

Ooh yes. For real.
I usually kind of dread new comic book day since I only read by trade so new comic day is just a day where I know I'll have pages and pages and pages of stuff that is only slightly relevant to me to skim through, but now that you mention it, new comic book day could work nicely as a reset button for the thread. Cleanse it of drama and fill it with comics.

QUZlMHW.gif

Kipp

I'm convinced by this point that I've pretty much pissed off everyone, here.

I totally get where you're coming from in your posts, but I would appreciate it if you took it down a notch. I know you have some strong opinions and they're definitely worth hearing, but perhaps if you communicate them in a less aggressive way people would be more open to considering them.

EEEHHHHHH
I don't know about that. lol

Well, I mean, you've definitely added more to the community than I have these past few months. I mean, you've actually read some comics, for one thing. Haha

kipp's havin one of them crazy nights

i mean shit it's past 9

Y6A5FqS.gif

i think Kipp's right in his post above mine but otherwise nah man

I'm glad you feel welcome. I like everyone in our community as well, I think we have a nice group. I'm really happy to see more new faces over the past few days as well, it's good to see more people wanting to get into the medium. Even if it can be frustrating to deal with Marvel and DC's shit, it's an incredibly fun hobby to keep up with.

Nah you good. You haven't done anything that would really bother me. It's good to see some different viewpoints on certain subjects so I think your contributions are valuable.

Kipp

kipp's havin one of them crazy nights

i mean shit it's past 9

i think Kipp's right in his post above mine but otherwise nah man

Oh, I've been staying up til like 10pm every night recently. It's pretty nuts. I don't work shipments anymore, so I can stay up super late like this.

Also, to add on to Serpentine and Tyrant's reply to Nudull, I should've also added that you haven't pissed me off by any means and you're still cool, just sharing my thoughts.

Vibranium

Banned

Aww man, I'm forgettable. :(

It's ok lol. Maybe I need a new gimmick, perhaps an "All-New Vibranium"?

Tizoc

This Mignola/Hellboy talk has caused me to pull my Hellboy: The First 20 Years book off my shelf (again). I truly think this is my favorite comic book I own, even though it's not really a comic book... But regardless.
Every single page is absolutely stunning. Mignola's art is absolutely perfect to me.
If you don't own it, please do yourself a favor and buy it for the $11 or whatever it costs on IST. Over 200 pages of flawless Mignola art.

$11 is quite tempting, but I live outside the US and I gotta get other stuff to put it at $50 before I order :p

Rhaknar

Not sure how I feel about Goblin's design but overall Ultimate Spider-Man #1-7 was really good.

Kipp

Don't worry. I didn't make the song or the shoutout.

*bats stands in the shadows and cries*

But I made the civil war solicits!

I made all three. :D
I have truly "made it."

$11 is quite tempting, but I live outside the US and I gotta get other stuff to put it at $50 before I order :p

Well if you ever have the chance to pick it up, you won't be disappointed! The hardcover itself is also mega high quality, basically what you'd expect from a Dark Horse hardcover.

Or I could probably whip up a quick drawing. Drawing bad avatars is like riding a bike. It's been a while, but I'm sure I could jump right back into it.

Can you draw hands and feet? If so you can probably get a gig as the rest of Rob Liefeld's drawing skills.

:O

Vibranium

Banned
Or I could probably whip up a quick drawing. Drawing bad avatars is like riding a bike. It's been a while, but I'm sure I could jump right back into it.

I wouldn't mind a quick Bucky drawing, just a funny domino mask picture. But I'm totally not asking for anything haha! :p

Yeah I almost like Winter Soldier more than Cap. Brubaker's Golden Age war stuff was incredible.

Kipp

I wouldn't mind a quick Bucky drawing, just a funny domino mask picture. But I'm totally not asking for anything haha! :p

Yeah I almost like Winter Soldier more than Cap. Brubaker's Golden Age war stuff was incredible.

I would definitely draw that right now, but I'm off to sleep. If I've got some spare time tomorrow I'll see what I can do!

Owzers

i don't want to drag politics into here, this is purely due to all the social media talk here and then i stumble upon this during my regular mediate browsing:

The tone of some of my tweets concerning Iowa was at odds with that which Gov. Walker has always encouraged in political discourse,” Mair said in a statement obtained by the AP. “I wish Gov. Walker and his team all the best.”

Mair had been on the job for not even 24 hours when the Des Moines Register uncovered some of her tweets which not only went after Iowa’s role in presidential politics, but also its so-called dependency on ethanol subsidies. Ironically, Mair also criticized Rep. Steve King’s (R-IA) Iowa Freedom Summit, which was pivotal in launching Walker to the top tier of Republican candidates.

Hired and fired in a day because her tweet tone history was concerning. People can't live in this world.

Rhaknar

Ultimate X-Men is...weird. while Ultimate Spidey felt like a actual retelling / reboot, a good way for new readers to jump in, x-men just feels like another alternate universe x-men story...does that make sense? Ive only read the first 2 issues but everything feels super rushed. Amazing Andy Kubert art at least. Also, every ultimate book is in the same "ultimate universe" correct? Because Wanda and Pietro are in the brotherhood with Magneto and i know they are in Ultimates also whenever that happens (at least that part actually feels like a retelling)

Top Bottom