• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Tizoc

Ultimate X-Men is...weird. while Ultimate Spidey felt like a actual retelling / reboot, a good way for new readers to jump in, x-men just feels like another alternate universe x-men story...does that make sense? Ive only read the first 2 issues but everything feels super rushed. Amazing Andy Kubert art at least. Also, every ultimate book is in the same "ultimate universe" correct? Because Wanda and Pietro are in the brotherhood with Magneto and i know they are in Ultimates also whenever that happens (at least that part actually feels like a retelling)

Continuity in the Ultimate-verse is up in the air as they don't particularly state when each team or character first appeared to the public.

• So that Flash show is pretty good. They should do more with that.
  • Can't wait to check out izombine.
  • Hey a Cheska is back.
    • She totally didn't scold us.
      • I expected her to scold us.
        • We'd have deserved it.

I don't see how harassing someone to the point of them getting PTSD is just "saying something mean".

Nobody gets PTSD from nasty comments made about them on the internet.

While its not appropriate to be rude but to get so upset over internet comments that they would come down with PTSD suggests there may be something wrong with the individual. Can you imagine if Obama or Hillary Clinton or anyone got that upset over comments made about them?

Also, I don't like playing judge and juror from a position of knowing little to nothing. These sorts of things can get carried away really fast on the internet and innocent people can get hurt. ON TOP OF THAT The website is not a credible source given that i) the owner of that site is friends with the person making the accusations and ii) ComicsAlliance is his competitor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished the first ultimate X-Men arc (1-6), that was kinda...bad (and I'm the x-men fanboy). It felt super rushed, even more so near the end of the arc, it's like a 30 issue story crammed into 6 issues. Spoilers I guess:

Wolverine is infiltrating the x-men to kill Charles, that's kinda neat...oh wait he fucks Jean like seconds after meeting her, and her magic vagina made him not want to kill Charles anymore and now he's against Magneto...

And Cyclops is mad Jean is fucking Wolverine so he leaves and joins the Brotherhood for 5 minutes before changing his mind

What the fuck...it's like Im missing a bunch of annuals or something. If this is indicative of the rest of the series I might not bother tbh.

Finished the first ultimate X-Men arc (1-6), that was kinda...bad (and I'm the x-men fanboy). It felt super rushed, even more so near the end of the arc, it's like a 30 issue story crammed into 6 issues. Spoilers I guess:

Wolverine is infiltrating the x-men to kill Charles, that's kinda neat...oh wait he fucks Jean like seconds after meeting her, and her magic vagina made him not want to kill Charles anymore and now he's against Magneto...

And Cyclops is mad Jean is fucking Wolverine so he leaves and joins the Brotherhood for 5 minutes before changing his mind

What the fuck...it's like Im missing a bunch of annuals or something. If this is indicative of the rest of the series I might not bother tbh.

Skip to the end of Mark Millars run (Return of the King) then go directly to Bendis's run followed by Brian K.Vaughns run and then skip all the way to Brian Wood's run. You will thank me later.

It won't get better for you if you felt that way about the first arc.

PsychBat!

Banned

While its not appropriate to be rude but to get so upset over internet comments that they would come down with PTSD suggests there may be something wrong with the individual. Can you imagine if Obama or Hillary Clinton or anyone got that upset over comments made about them?
Now tell us how you really feel.

Also, I don't like playing judge and juror from a position of knowing little to nothing. These sorts of things can get carried away really fast on the internet and innocent people can get hurt. ON TOP OF THAT The website is not a credible source given that i) the owner of that site is friends with the person making the accusations and ii) ComicsAlliance is his competitor.

BC just reposted what she put on her blog, and Sims admitted he did everything. Everything that happened happened online where everyone can see it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This sexy cover for Injection #2

UdBUVqL.jpg

SoilBreak

Banned

Really?

It's not just some random petty comments on the internet, It is someone who constantly made threats & personal attacks on her site/blog .There's really no excuse.

FFS even Chris Sims admitted to it.

Spoit

Continuity in the Ultimate-verse is up in the air as they don't particularly state when each team or character first appeared to the public.

I know it's bendis's and his usual weakness in the continuity department, but USM has a ton of contradictions with the other ultimate series, especially with UFF, with them constantly calling him a kid, when IIRC ultimate reed is only a year or two older than him and it seeimg to ignore the existence of the whole baxter think tank things (and I didn't actually check the dates, so it could actually be the other series ignoring him for once)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Captain Marvel #7

Chewie
IS a flarken
lol. I was hoping that's where it was going with Rocket's insistence. Fun fun book

I know it's bendis's and his usual weakness in the continuity department, but USM has a ton of contradictions with the other ultimate series, especially with UFF, with them constantly calling him a kid, when IIRC ultimate reed is only a year or two older than him and it seeimg to ignore the existence of the whole baxter think tank things (and I didn't actually check the dates, so it could actually be the other series ignoring him for once)

That was retconned by Mark Millar. It has to do with their crazy adventures in time travel. Also, the initial arc with him as a youngster in the baxter building takes place before USM and the USM Team up where they are portrayed as older like in the 616 was deemed non-canon parody issue ala Harley Quinn

ElNarez

Banned

Cade

And thus my theory about Punisher fans is gosh-darn correct. Punisher is the worst, and Punisher fans are the worst. And like, for as much my hate for Rogue is well-publicized on these here boards, I hate Punisher even more. Fuck him, fuck his guns, fuck his shitty fucking skull shirts, fuck everything about him.

That's a weird way to spell Cyclops tbh

Squire

Banned
Finished Vol. 3 of Hawkeye. Fraction is really on fire in the last few issues. Kate really got her due. What an arc.

I just bought the singles for Clint's side of the story. No way I can wait until June for the trade. So, I'll finish the rest in the next few days and then join you all in the agonizing wait for #22 :(

And thus my theory about Punisher fans is gosh-darn correct. Punisher is the worst, and Punisher fans are the worst. And like, for as much my hate for Rogue is well-publicized on these here boards, I hate Punisher even more. Fuck him, fuck his guns, fuck his shitty fucking skull shirts, fuck everything about him.

What did she do to Punisher that fans didn't like anyway?

Not sure if it's been posted as I can't keep up with this thread but Immonen's doing the art on Star Wars from #8. Great choice.

Marvel Entertainment and Lucasfim Ltd. are pleased to announce the addition of Stuart Immonen as the new series artist for STAR WARS! Immonen joins series writer Jason Aaron to continue the chart-topping, record breaking series this July!

Beginning this July with STAR WARS #8, Stuart Immonen journeys to a galaxy far, far away for the continuing adventures of some of fiction’s most beloved characters! For now, get a peek at what to expect with your very first look at Immonen’s early pencils for the STAR WARS #8 cover.

portrait_uncanny.jpg

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/24274/stuart_immonen_joins_star_wars#ixzz3Uj95dfDs

arkon

A lot of this is my own biases as someone who came to the comics internet after D'Orazio had more or less left it for various reasons, but my impression is that while she was treated very unfairly in many instances, there were also a lot of people within the comics writing circles that I consider to be fairly reasonable who seriously, genuinely disliked her.

Personally, "I'm going to DC now unless you fire this dude" seems manipulative to me but that said, if she seriously got PTSD from her experiences online that is pretty horrible.

She didn't actually say that right? I just got the impression she wouldn't be reading Marvel for the near future (understandably so) and would be going DC . Nothing about her wanting to work at DC or wanting Marvel to fire Sims.

Purely going from the stuff in the BC article though. Maybe she said as much elsewhere?

Im in the mood for some comics with Japanese flair would you guys recommend buying Frank Miller's Ronin and Rai:Welcome to New Japan? They seem coo

tim1138

How did all of my fellow Chris Burnham superfans fail to tell me that the Nixon's Pals hardcover reprint came out today!? That was a total surprise seeing that on Latest Releases on IST. I still need to pick up Officer Downe too though.

Also, Tim, that Mister Miracle Artist Edition is calling your name... What's $125 for a massive Jack Kirby book?

I thought Nixon's Pals was next week, I didn't even see it on IST when I looked yesterday. One of these days I'll splurge on the New Gods and Mr Miracle artist editions, one day...

How is Flash compared to Arrow? I give Arrow a solid random 6 and mostly enjoy it without thinking too much of it.

I think you'd enjoy Flash, it's legitimately great. It could totally be a random 7.5 for you.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can anyone recommend a good place to buy old back-issues? I'm looking to complete a 1980 Moon Knight collection. Need 21, 25-34, and 36. I know these aren't terribly expensive comics. They're not highly sought-after and I'm sure they could be found in 50 cent boxes at cons and such (except for 25, which goes for a tiny bit more due to being the first appearance of Black Spectre). But everywhere I've looked online seems to be a bit more expensive than I'd like. Any recommendations for how I could complete this collection on the cheap?

Zombine

Banned
Can anyone recommend a good place to buy old back-issues? I'm looking to complete a 1980 Moon Knight collection. Need 21, 25-34, and 36. I know these aren't terribly expensive comics. They're not highly sought-after and I'm sure they could be found in 50 cent boxes at cons and such (except for 25, which goes for a tiny bit more due to being the first appearance of Black Spectre). But everywhere I've looked online seems to be a bit more expensive than I'd like. Any recommendations for how I could complete this collection on the cheap?

Ebay. Just looked on the site and those books are selling for nothing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ebay. Just looked on the site and those books are selling for nothing.

Yeah, the problem with eBay is shipping, though. Unless I can find everything from one seller, 11 different shipping charges are gonna stack up. That's why I'm not using Atomic Avenue. They're all there, super cheap, but shipping adds up to over $50.

Mindwipe

Finished East of West vol. 3. That was great. One of my favourite books right now.

Manhattan Projects vol 5 seems a bit... off. The tense the story is told in has gone a bit weird.

Zombine

Banned
My Comic Shop overprices things to an absurd degree. Moon Knight #1 isn't worth half of the lowest price it's available for there. Midtown is a lot better, and I would definitely buy from them, but they're sold out of all the issues I need.

It's like the comic book version of Goldilocks & The Three Bears.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is that Ultimates 2? That's been out of print for ages.
It was kinda cheap on Amazon Marketplace until last week... Around 35€... I wanted to wait until next month, but now these cheap copys are gone and the price begins at 67€... I would pay this, too, since I really want now booth books as OHCs, but I am looking for cheaper copys... :/

I am a little bit in fear that the price continues to climb...

tim1138

My Comic Shop overprices things to an absurd degree. Moon Knight #1 isn't worth half of the lowest price it's available for there. Midtown is a lot better, and I would definitely buy from them, but they're sold out of all the issues I need.

Damn, sorry man. Maybe some folks can scour their LCS' for you.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone have any experience with Comic Collector Live? Seem to be having a lot more luck there, and shipping seems to be a lot more fair than Atomic Avenue.

Honestly I have just this to say in between the relentless drama of the Batgirl cover, the creepy stalker and the recent post Gambit made:

I love ComicGAF and I love the people here.

Zombine, Messi, Freeza, Tyrant Rave, Tetrax, Kipp, JC, Birdie, Nudull, Serpentine, sillymonkey, buddyjoehooker, Baron von Loathsome, GAMEPROFF, Soilbreak, Ed, fauxtrot, whatsinaname, mudcrab, rafa, Cheska and anyone else I may have forgotten who frequents here.

You people have made it worth coming in every day since I came by like the little noob I was since last July.

And now... I go to Marvel Heroes.

giphy.gif

Hellers

I'm doing a More than Meets the Eye reread with the trades from the Humble Bundle. Damn. That comic is so good. Even better read in bulk.

Tizoc

iZombie was so damn good last night. Ugu~

Plz notice me senpai

...but you're the iZombie senpai...

I'm doing a More than Meets the Eye reread with the trades from the Humble Bundle. Damn. That comic is so good. Even better read in bulk.

Hey guess what; that cryptic message from the 1st issue? It's revealed in this month's issue which isn't among the Bundle iirc :p

tim1138

This new inclusive, diverse era of DC that is starting in June is the perfect time to relaunch Vibe, it was already the secret most diverse book they published in the N52. Cisco seems to be wildly popular on the Flash, so why not take advantage of the momentum?
Plus I just really want that book back.

Top Bottom