• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

This new inclusive, diverse era of DC that is starting in June is the perfect time to relaunch Vibe, it was already the secret most diverse book they published in the N52. Cisco seems to be wildly popular on the Flash, so why not take advantage of the momentum?
Plus I just really want that book back.

RIP Vibe.

Never forget.

Too late, the Justice League already did.

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy old back-issues? I'm looking to complete a 1980 Moon Knight collection. Need 21, 25-34, and 36. I know these aren't terribly expensive comics. They're not highly sought-after and I'm sure they could be found in 50 cent boxes at cons and such (except for 25, which goes for a tiny bit more due to being the first appearance of Black Spectre). But everywhere I've looked online seems to be a bit more expensive than I'd like. Any recommendations for how I could complete this collection on the cheap?

I'm really going to try and remember to check out my LCS next time i'm around for ya.. He has one of the biggest back issue collection in the state

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Going on holiday this weekend, which is awesome (Singapore/Vietnam) but it's going to be tough waiting to read this week's books until Sunday/whenever I get a chance. I'll be saving them for long layovers between flights or cross country trains. Means I won't get my Squirrel Girl fix for a while!

Zombine

Banned
izombie-pilot.jpg

Omg.

The one thing about Comixology that needs to change is how on NCBD when the store updates, you basically have to click the banner to go to the New Releases. Otherwise you get this mess of titles that are completely unorganized.

Zombine

Banned
The one thing about Comixology that needs to change is how on NCBD when the store updates, you basically have to click the banner to go to the New Releases. Otherwise you get this mess of titles that are completely unorganized.

It is unorganized, but what happens is that I start looking at the other books and buying random crap.

I wanna go buy all the comics

Get the whole thing on CMX for $23

Yeah, are the iZombie trades worth buying on Comixology? I've never read the series, and don't have any interest in the show, but the comics look interesting enough.

Also, I read through all nine issues of Rat Queens last night. Damn fun series. The characters are awesome, the comedic timing is spot on, and I love the artwork. It's geniunely funny and charming, and not in a try hard way like we get with other "funny" series like Deadpool and Harley.

It might be the best book releasing on Image right now, and that's really saying something.

And thus my theory about Punisher fans is gosh-darn correct. Punisher is the worst, and Punisher fans are the worst. And like, for as much my hate for Rogue is well-publicized on these here boards, I hate Punisher even more. Fuck him, fuck his guns, fuck his shitty fucking skull shirts, fuck everything about him.

This is the single worst opinion in the history of the internet. Frank Castle is one of the best characters in the Marvel universe.
Rogue does suck donkey balls, though.

This new inclusive, diverse era of DC that is starting in June is the perfect time to relaunch Vibe, it was already the secret most diverse book they published in the N52. Cisco seems to be wildly popular on the Flash, so why not take advantage of the momentum?
Plus I just really want that book back.
I want my shot brah. I really think I could make Vibe a hit.

Any interesting series that are only available in single issues? Am looking to add to my order to get free shipping.

Yeah, the problem with eBay is shipping, though. Unless I can find everything from one seller, 11 different shipping charges are gonna stack up. That's why I'm not using Atomic Avenue. They're all there, super cheap, but shipping adds up to over $50.

Thank you for mentioning Atomic Avenue, I didn't know of its existence.

Does this seller have anything you need? I can include your issues in my order and ship them to you.

http://www.atomicavenue.com/atomic/SellerIssues.aspx?S=milpool

Boogiepop

Just to confirm before I end up following through later. The extra 2% can apply to 50% off new releases on IST, can't it? Gonna split a 100+ order on IST later to grab the 2% and that'll determine how I do it.

the chris

Im in the mood for some comics with Japanese flair would you guys recommend buying Frank Miller's Ronin and Rai:Welcome to New Japan? They seem coo

I haven't read either of those, but Usagi Yojimbo is a pretty good comic if you're looking for something with a Japanese feel to it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Any interesting series that are only available in single issues? Am looking to add to my order to get free shipping.

Thank you for mentioning Atomic Avenue, I didn't know of its existence.

Does this seller have anything you need? I can include your issues in my order and ship them to you.

http://www.atomicavenue.com/atomic/SellerIssues.aspx?S=milpool

Hm. They don't have any issues of the main series (lots of Marc Spector Moon Knight though, which I'm not collecting yet), but they do have Moon Knight Special Edition 1 and 2, which I need. They'd be like $1.20 together. So yeah, if you could grab those that'd be great. You want me to Paypal you anything?

Mudcrab

And thus my theory about Punisher fans is gosh-darn correct. Punisher is the worst, and Punisher fans are the worst. And like, for as much my hate for Rogue is well-publicized on these here boards, I hate Punisher even more. Fuck him, fuck his guns, fuck his shitty fucking skull shirts, fuck everything about him.

Sorry dude Punisher MAX is till one of greatest things Marvel has ever put out and the hype remains for the Ennis story about his first tour in Nam.

Hickman is doing the fill in issue of Star Wars #7 he said on Twitter.

That's cruel as hell dude. I gotta wait all day before I can get my hands on it.

ElNarez

Banned
how good was the Bertram issue of ZERO?

so fucking good god damn

PS: did any of y'all know about the new Nemo book? (the LXG spinoff one I mean. River of Ghosts came out, somehow no one made any deal about it)

Pretty large Comixology haul today:

Chrononauts #1
Invisible Republic #1
Manhattan Projects: The Sun Beyond the Stars #1
Outcast #7
Red One #1
Secret Identities #2
Spread #6
Zero #15

Marvel
Black Widow #16
Princess Leia #2
The Punisher #16

DC
Not even if you paid me!

besada

Banned
Im in the mood for some comics with Japanese flair would you guys recommend buying Frank Miller's Ronin and Rai:Welcome to New Japan? They seem coo
Ronin is good. Long before Frank Miller went nuts. But frankly, you'd be better off just starting on Lone Wolf and Cub, since Ronin is basically Miller's homage to it. And it's also brilliant.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Took a look at some of Stephen Platt's more recent artwork. Gotta admit, even though I hate his work on Moon Knight because it's basically just the super ugly mid-90's Image style (which makes sense considering that's where he went after MK), the guy's improved dramatically since then. He's actually not bad now.

And now, a non-Moon Knight thing: If I want to start reading Ghost Rider, where would be a good place to start?

Mindwipe

The thing it needs most of all is a "show me what I've not already read in my purchases" with "let me have Spotify-esque reading lists which can be shared and imported from social media so someone can build things like the Avengers Infinity reading chart into the app" close behind.

tim1138

You guys I would be willing to bet money that Hickman is not drawing issue 7 of Star Wars, that tweet was clearly him joking around.

Don't support bad writers. Even if you know them personally.

Honestly I would try to get a refund at the next class reunion.

It's weird, because he was known for being a really great artist back in school. He drew a really kick ass mural for the school lounge area, and did a lot of art for the yearbook and stuff. I don't read any manga so I'm not familiar with what he's being doing over the past decade, but his art is still really good. Strong lines, good style, lots of visual appeal. Google Image stuff is fairly impressive.

I didn't know he could write...apparently, he can't. :)

Picked up Batgirl: Endgame on a whim given that a couple of peeps said it was good.
It's a fun little romp but like most tie ins, has no bearing on the overall Endgame arc.

Zombine

Banned
It's weird, because he was known for being a really great artist back in school. He drew a really kick ass mural for the school lounge area, and did a lot of art for the yearbook and stuff. I don't read any manga so I'm not familiar with what he's being doing over the past decade, but his art is still really good. Strong lines, good style, lots of visual appeal. Google Image stuff is fairly impressive.

I dropped the book ages ago so I can't comment on what the writing is like now, but when I followed it I thought it bordered on parody. It was every West Coast stereotype from 90s movies and music all thrown together for "authenticity." I thought it was &!?&@ wack, esé.

Boogiepop

Can't speak on much else, but Peepo Choo is legitimately solid.

Top Bottom