• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

Boogiepop

On Android? Tap the middle of the page and nav bar appears.

Laptop. I'll mess around with it some more next time I give it a try though, thanks. And thanks to everyone backing up on Sunstone, that's definitely top of my next order.

Also, I read two Batman Beyond trades. Hush Beyond and Industrial Revolution.

Hush Beyond was great and pretty much exactly what I wanted out of a Beyond comic. Just captured the show really well and reminded me that the Terry/Old Bruce relationship really is one of my favorites in comic stuff. Just really good stuff.

Industrial Revolution was... not so good. I actually read it a while back on a loan from the library, turns out, and I was secretly kind of hoping it was just some random thing that had been published in the past and not part of all the current stuff, but sure enough here it is. The big nasty bit that is fortunately going away for the rest of the run and thus gives me slight hope for the other stuff I have is the art. Like, there's enough talent in there that it'll look okay sometimes, but it's mostly just really nasty looking. Just a super ugly book, at least from the main artist. Pretty worried about the writer too though. Like, part of the problem was that he kept writing fight scenes that he needed the artist to back up well, and the artist just completely and utterly dropped the ball. But honestly most everything that happens just feels shallow and empty, and none of the sideplots are even vaguely interesting to me. Pretty much only the Inque chapter was something where I said "this is at least okay", everything else was just kind of... bleh. Hopefully it picks up at least a little, though. We'll see I guess.

Pete and Matt biting quite a bit more than they could chew o_ô

Oh shit, I read this.

Oh shit, I read a Nocenti comic.

I hear her Daredevil was alright.

Bros, we must embrace that we are all Nocenti fans. She's a genius.

I don't have the issue any more, but I distinctly recall she interlaced poetry throughout the issue, explaining the creation of Blackheart. It was some dark stuff, involving a murder and a girl bleeding out into the ground, with a bed of dark roses growing out of the blood. Crazy stuff, and something that was burned into my young mind.

Mudcrab

First comic bought? My older brother was big into comics in the 80's and 90's and I would just read them after him. Didn't spend a dime for years and I inherited his long boxes, which I still have in storage. I think the first one I had consciously decided on my own that we had to have was the Silver Surfer comic leading into the Infinity Gauntlet because I liked the way it felt.

Everything dies

...and I accept it.

Messi

Guys I am lost in ikea. I can't find these shelves for my girl statues. Help. What are they called. Nothing makes sense any one. Send help.

Damn, my monitor is dying and Dell doesn't do repairs out of warranty. My comics budget will get a bit curtailed if I need to get a new monitor and there are so many good releases on the horizon. :(

Guys I am lost in ikea. I can't find these shelves for my girl statues. Help. What are they called. Nothing makes sense any one. Send help.

You mean the Detolfs?

ewww, never go in the showroom at IKEA. Do your shopping online and write down all the isles and bins then just go straight into the warehouse.

Zombine

Banned
ewww, never go in the showroom at IKEA. Do your shopping online and write down all the isles and bins then just go straight into the warehouse.

It's too late. RIP Messi.

http://youtu.be/i1GmxMTwUgs

1386181592_crying__knowshon_moreno.gif

8bit

Knows the Score
I shit you not, my first comic was Dark Knight Returns when I was 6.

My parents saw Batman on the cover and gave it to me without reading what was inside:

Dark%20Knight%20Returns_595.jpg

It made me a comic fan for life but yeah, probably should have read the comic first, Mom and Dad.

My mon bats don't shave yet.

Nextwave back? Don't you toy with me man. Explain. Cancelling Nextwave in the first place should be classed as a war crime

The villains in Mighty Avengers have been revealed as the Beyond Corporation from Nextwave. Upon finding this out, Monica goes into a vicious rant about the characters from Nextwave having fought a war for a year against Beyond and coming back changed, only to be told by other heroes that it never happened. The idea being that there was a great deal of emotional trauma in those events and no one believed them.

And she switches from the Spectrum look, hair and all:
spectrum1.jpg

Back to Nextwave Monica:
D0XeBWe.jpg

So the team isn't back, but now Nextwave did happen in continuity. Hopefully there's a new Nextwave book coming or they fold those characters into Mighty. I miss The Captain.

Mudcrab

I have grey hairs more than 20 years old.

I'm not sure how I feel about Nextwave. I'm like "yay, more Nextwave" but also "I dunno if trying to make it work in the rest of the 616 is ever gonna work."

Sorry, cops being the most annoying fleshy ones of all is now officially 616 canon.

Top Bottom