• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Messi

So is Robbi Rodriguez pulling an F.B.P. on Spider-Gwen?

Bengal seems to be doing art for #7 & #8 that I see... I dont know much of Bengal's work, it looks good.
But the only reason I gave one shat about Spider Gwen was for Robbis art....

Pretty sure I just dropped this book :/

I believe Bengal is just doing the Spider-women crossover

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CdB30CDUkAAdqsT.jpg:orig

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Mindwipe

I forgot to post about it, but Sunstone vol 4 finally shipped in the UK at the weekend. I picked it up on the way to the pub, and was informed by my friends the phrase "lesbian BDSM romance graphic novel" was the most me thing I have ever said.

I have no idea what's going on with Image and shipping that book outside of the US. It's always late. Grumble grumble.

Still reading Alias, but pretty busy this week.

I had a play with the Surface Book earlier. That'd be a nice comic reading machine, if only it had a CMX app. But it doesn't, so it's not.

Lol

Also im excited finally have a Punisher book coming out.

Edit. I see Steve Dillon is doing art.. love what he has done in the past... just kinda of leary how this will turn out,, i was hoping for some dark gritty shit.

And I don't know that I've read much of Becky Cloonan's work.

You know what... He looks like punisher

But the crossover is gonna be awesome and he is only gone for two issues :(. Gwen is crossing over with two much better books.

Have you read Gotham Academy. Becky Co writes that.

Yeah I was getting Gotham Academy for the first 4-5 issues.

Yeah im not into the mix as much anymore, especially with Marvel,, so the crossovers dont do much for me.
And I think from issues #5-#8 Robbi only does one book? maybe 2.
I already dont care about Spider Gwen at all, lol. I was kinda disappointed when i met Robbi and he quickly did a Spider Gwen sketch before i could suggest anyting else. Not complaining at all still appreciate it.

Messi

Yeah I was getting Gotham Academy for the first 4-5 issues.

Yeah im not into the mix as much anymore, especially with Marvel,, so the crossovers dont do much for me.
And I think from issues #5-#8 Robbi only does one book? maybe 2.
I already dont care about Spider Gwen at all, lol. I was kinda disappointed when i met Robbi and he quickly did a Spider Gwen sketch before i could suggest anyting else. Not complaining at all still appreciate it.

Did you pay for that?

Did you pay for that?

No, was hoping to get a longer/detailed sketch, I was wanting to pay lol. It took a minute maybe

I think i got 10-15 sketches that day. Only paid for one because he kept my book for an hour or so.
And he was one of the guys i had no idea who he was,, but did an amazing drawing. Probably my fav that i got

It's a really fun book. I think I preferred the first arc but I still enjoyed the second.

There's a few reasons why Aphra brought the bounty hunters in. Using a two-man team against the cruiser wouldn't have worked and they end up conning the bounty hunters in a way by taking the majority of the credits. She couldn't have done that with connections she'd trust and regularly work with. They needed the credits so Aphra could get Luke's location out of the Ante. Vader's keeping her alive at the moment because she still managed to get what he wanted, even if she did almost get caught doing it. When she asked if Vader would kill her in the first arc, he says he will when she's no longer useful. Wonder how much longer that'll be.

Speaking of Vader I just finished #17.
Even Tagge is turning on Vader? I don't think this is going to end well for Cylo. Not that I'll be sad to see the back of him. I love how Vader was so dismissive of Aiolin. "It's not worth my time to train you, bugger off."
I know why she got them initially, I'm saying that afterwards when she talks to Vader, it seems like he's recruiting them, which I didn't get. As if he was putting them on retainer. Like I said, I probably just misread the scene.

Penguin

We're getting a LumberJanes/Gotham Academy crossover mini-series

boombox_lj_gothamacademy_001_main_1_.jpg

All of this means the Village Voice is incredibly excited to offer the exclusive announcement that this summer, Lumberjanes will get a six-issue crossover series with Gotham Academy, DC Comics' story of boarding school students set in the darkness of Gotham.

It's a natural fit: Both series follow an ensemble cast of young characters as they grapple with normal teenage stuff (love, tragedy, identity) and the kind of stuff that most teens will never have to face, like yetis (Lumberjanes) and Batman's nemesis Killer Croc (Gotham Academy). The limited series is written by Chynna Clugston-Flores (Blue Monday) and illustrated by Rosemary Valero-O'Connell (Lumberjanes).

http://www.villagevoice.com/arts/ex...s-and-gotham-academy-crossover-series-8367643

I know why she got them initially, I'm saying that afterwards when she talks to Vader, it seems like he's recruiting them, which I didn't get. As if he was putting them on retainer. Like I said, I probably just misread the scene.

I'll have to go back and have a look. A few bounty hunters crop up again later and I might have mixed them up.

Messi

Olivia Wilde should be MJ. Or JJJ, or Gwen or Flash Thompson. Or Silk. Silk kinda makes sense, plus Olivia can play evil.

So, the Neal Adams Omnibus worth buying?

Who were the major writers for the runs?

This massive volume collects material from Batman #200, 203 and 210; The Brave and The Bold #75-76 and 79-85; Dectective Comics #370, 372, 385, 389, 391, and 392; and World's Finest Comics #174-176, 178-180, 182-183, 185, 186; Batman #217, 220-222, 224-227, 229-231, The Brave and The Bold #86, 88-90, 93, 95, Detective Comics #394-403, 405-311, World's Finest Comics #199, 200, 202; Batman #232, 234-241, 243-246, 251, 255; Batman Annual #14; Batman Black & White #4; Brave and the Bold #99, Detective Comics #412-422, 439, 600; Heroes Against Hunger; Limited Collectors Edition C-25, C-51, C-59; Robin #1; Saga of Ra's Al Ghul #4; World's Finest #211, 244-246, 258; Batman: Odyssey Vol. 1 issues #1-6 and Vol. 2 issues #1-7

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its amazing how lazy american comicwriters are when they let characters speak german in their book.
Please use correct grammar or let people use words that they would use.

I would even give advice or translate for free. A toddler would make a better job then your shitty google translator garbage.

/rant

So, the Neal Adams Omnibus worth buying?

Who were the major writers for the runs?

It's worth it for the Denny O'Neil issues.
Denny O’Neil and Neal Adams’ Batman

Detective Comics – #395, 397, 400, 402, 404, 407-408, 410 & Batman #232, 234, 237, 243-245, 251, 255

While spilt up over the early 1970s, O’Neil and Adams still had a bit of a run, where Adams’ conception of Batman became the definitive look for Batman in the 1970s. This run tried to take Batman back to a darker style (after the camp of the TV series), along with stellar artwork by Adams. It was during their run that Ra’s al Ghul was introduced, which sort of personified what Grant Morrison later referred to as the “hairy chested love god” version of Batman…
tmvnVpp.jpg
R0zd7qr.jpg

Top Bottom