• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Owzers

You nerds wanted your heroes to look less like anime and more classic. There ya go.

Do you think the change isn't as important as the writer is making it out to be?

I'm not sure, it seemed to happen too quickly and then immediately went in the background of the book, like a box got checked off, and that's also how the characters portray what they did. We solved that problem, next. I'm pretty sure that i am growing less interested in Marvel in general though too, especially with the focus now on Civil War 2 and Hickman leaving.

Whoooooa. I never said classic anything. Alex Ross art worked for Kingdom Come and Justice, but that's about it. Really not a style I'm fond of.

Don't lie. You want to marry his interiors.

I just like his covers. Although I'm curious what his interiors on a Star Wars comic would look like.

Seems Vol.3 still doesn't come out for a bit.
It's the final volume that's in July. Still plenty of material in the first two to get you going

that Good? I ve been eyeing the them for a while
YES! I did a write up a couple months back. I'll try to find it.

In other news. Looking at MU updates this cover stood out. We need more covers calling our heroes as coward

Daredevil_Vol_1_55.jpg

Oh, really? I was under the impression that it was going to be four volumes.
Ah looks like you're correct but they're doing it out of order and putting the side volumes of the Non Mack drawn volumes last. I saw Vol 3 contained the last Volume and figured they were done.

And here was my write up
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=172719599

Ed Benes on Batgirl would be the next best thing to Greg Land suddenly coming on
And yet I did enjoy both of them on the original Birds of Prey series. Back then Land actually drew

Not super familiar with Benes, but looking at a quick Bing search (because you know that's how you get the most lascivious shit), I don't see anything super objectionable. He's got a type for sure, and that type is cheesecake, but it's nowhere near Land-tier, so unless he's got some Cho-tier trolling going on... eh.

Not super familiar with Benes, but looking at a quick Bing search (because you know that's how you get the most lascivious shit), I don't see anything super objectionable. He's got a type for sure, and that type is cheesecake, but it's nowhere near Land-tier.

He likes drawing nice looking thongs, thighs, and butts.

I'm not sure, it seemed to happen too quickly and then immediately went in the background of the book, like a box got checked off, and that's also how the characters portray what they did. We solved that problem, next. I'm pretty sure that i am growing less interested in Marvel in general though too, especially with the focus now on Civil War 2 and Hickman leaving.

I don't think the Galactus story is over. The solution to his problem was pretty quick but I think Ewing is saving him up for something big.

frye

Was there a giant backlash back then?

it wasn't like.... Greg Land on Spider-Woman or anything but the online comics community has changed a lot in the last 7 years. Back then it was 10 people talking among themselves in the comment sections of blogs

I remember when Gail Simone wrote some big post defending his artistic choices, too.

lol remember when people checked for Gail Simone comics

ayy lmao

frye

also my favourite obscure Ed Benes fact is that he has a brother named Fred Benes who honestly might like drawing butts even more than Ed (and not even as well!)

also my favourite obscure Ed Benes fact is that he has a brother named Fred Benes who honestly might like drawing butts even more than Ed (and not even as well!)
Doesn't he own a company dedicated to having artists draw just like him? I don't know if it's true but I think he's a pretty big deal in Brazil.

Boogiepop

This isn't the same series that was released a ways back as the Elektra Complete Collection, was it?

I'm not personally familiar with that, but from a Google search if you're talking about that "Ultimate Collection" thing that I'm finding, then that looks to be something different.

Also, time to hunker down and read through Astonishing X-men, to follow up on my read through of New X-men a bit ago!

Top Bottom