• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Valiant announces new exclusive deals for 15 artists

Here's the full list: Raul Allen (currently working on "Wrath of the Eternal Warrior"), David Baron (colorist on "Divinity II" and "Bloodshot Reborn"), Diego Bernard ("Ninjak"), Doug Braithwaite ("Ninjak"), CAFU ("Rai"), Khari Evans ("Imperium"), Robert Gill ("4001 A.D.: Shadowman"), Trevor Hairsine ("Divinity II"), Clayton Henry ("4001 AD: X-O Manowar"), David Lafuente ("A&A: The Adventures of Archer & Armstrong"), Lewis LaRosa ("Bloodshot Reborn"), Pere Perez (former "Archer & Armstrong" artist said to be working on a "top secret" project), Brian Reber (colorist on "A&A" and "Bloodshot Reborn"), Juan Jose Ryp ("Wrath of the Eternal Warrior") and Mico Suayan ("Bloodshot Reborn").

I mostly just wanted to post this, I think it's the biggest Justice League #1 cover homage ever:
VALIANT-EXC-012-PERE-PEREZ-754c9.jpg

Spider woman #5.

How much $ does she have? She complains that she used to just sleep all day. Maybe catch a film in the afternoon or go to the park but now she has a baby that takes up all her time!

Boo hoo. Trying having to go to work at a 9-5 everyday, Drew and then have a kid.

It was just so rich people problems it blew my mind.

She got enough money to look good though. She got her pre-pregnancy weight back quick.

So it turns out, Astro City Dark Age started off as a proposed Marvels sequel!

Charles and Royal Williams–two men whose lives changed forever after their parents were killed during a battle between Captain America and Hydra. The four issue series would tell the brothers’ quest for vengeance, as well as become a study in obsession that mirrors the new breed of Marvel heroes that were being introduced at the time.
“As a result, Charles would be driven to find a way to impose order and security on a chaotic world and become a cop, while Royal’s faith in society’s ‘rules’ would be shattered, driving him to rebellion and crime,” Busiek wrote in his original proposal for the series.

Intending to show how the brothers interacted with the Marvel Universe in the first issue, Busiek was going to have Charles, a beat cop at the time, be part of an attempt to bring Spider-Man in for questioning. At the same time, Royal would start his career in crime working as a petty thief; finding himself stopped by the likes of the Human Torch or Iron Man–heroes who wanted only to apprehend the criminal for authorities, not punish them. The problem for Royal was that times were changing, and a new type of “hero” was lurking in the shadows.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2006/12/21/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-82/

Valiant announces new exclusive deals for 15 artists

I mostly just wanted to post this, I think it's the biggest Justice League #1 cover homage ever:

Biggest takeaway is that they signed Lewis LaRosa. That dude's art is gorgeous. Some of the others have been signed for awhile.

I didn't know Valiant had that many characters.

I'm not sure if you're kidding, but what gave you the impression that they didn't?

Lafuente, nice

They signed LaFuente last year. He worked on the new Archer & Armstrong that debuted this week.

ElNarez

Banned
Word is Doc Shaner and Steve Orlando are now DC exclusive. Good picks by DC to lock up.

It's Shaner, Orlando and Merino. The press release also features this:

An accomplished comics writer and scripter, Orlando is no stranger to DCE, receiving critical acclaim from outlets including Polygon.com (“Best Comics of 2015”), New York Times, io9.com (“Top 20 Comics of 2015”) and a nomination from GLAAD in the “Outstanding Comic Book” category for his run on Midnighter, the first openly gay male character to star in a comic book. Orlando has also contributed to the DC Super Hero universe with writing credits for Justice League: Darkseid War: Shazam!

which I'm sideeyeing so hard I'm a goddamn Picasso

frye

It's Shaner, Orlando and Merino. The press release also features this:

which I'm sideeyeing so hard I'm a goddamn Picasso

I think they said the same thing about Batwoman too (that she was the first gay superhero) back when she starred in Detective

i don't browse bss anymore since it's bad but i remember there was a good post listing all the gay leads in american comics, including "mainstream" ones that preceded her

Owzers

I know i go off-topic from time to time but let's stop posting about Valiant and get back to comics please.

edit: Squirrel Girl #8 was deserving of previous Squirrel Girl hype, i didn't like every issue in this run as i thought the middle got a bit dull, but issue #6 and #8 along with the first issue were peak fun.
Cat Thor was everything people could ask for in a comic

I just hope this CW2 stuff doesn't spill into what I read.

I'm glad you appreciate Squirrel Girl sillymonkey, you've always been a good one.

Top Bottom