• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

shingi70

Banned
Been enjoying the Star Wars comics but I'd wish Marvel would do more series without movie or TV characters. I really want a simple war comic about the rebellion and empire.

I think literally every time his name was mentioned in these threads in between Jimmy Olson and Superior Foes was dudes shitting on him lmao

That Jimmy Olsen one-shot was legit great though.

Matt Fraction should write and event for Marvel

I'll always wonder what his take on Inhuman would have been like. I think he said that elements of it made their way into ODY-C.

Been enjoying the Star Wars comics but I'd wish Marvel would do more series without movie or TV characters. I really want a simple war comic about the rebellion and empire.

I would be down for Star Wars: Tales of the Rebel Alliance as an anthology series. I'm hoping we see more stuff like that post-Rogue One.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would like to remind you that Marvel still hasnt uploaded the OG Thunderbolts run to MU. You would think this Standoff business would have been a good opportunity for it.

You would be wrong.

Owzers

I'm almost done with Inhumans pre-SW, reading the Annual now, it still feels like a last minute story that isn't very good, like a fill-in issue that lasts the whole run. I know Fraction was supposed to write it and they had Soule do it instead, it shows.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is that the weird Moon Knight / Taskmaster Secret Avengers? Please say no, I havent read that yet and the team is cool and weird :(

ElNarez

Banned
Standoff has been decent

Man, the tone is all over the place. It tries doing the invoking real-world issues by name like a grown-up serious comics for adults, but then it drowns it in JOKES and goofs like it's nothing. The Maria Hill in Standoff doesn't give a shit about anything, and doesn't even act like what's happening is important, and that kind of transparent cynicism is a) some straight up cartoon villain shit and b) completely erases all the cool bits of character development that took place in Secret Avengers

Oh my goodness, shit went down in Low this month. Clean Room as well.

Good God, the art in Captain Marvel this month is awful. I get the codes for free and I still feel ripped off.

Haha. I red the first couple issues, then I stopped picking it up. Who was the artist?

Rhaknar

I give you an Irish lass to commemorate St.Patrick's Day

siryn00.jpg

Kris Anka

WAT, I always thought Anka was solid. He's too busy consulting with Sideshow on the Captain Marvel PF to consult with himself when drawing her. :O

---

I grabbed the last three issues of Omega Men today, too. Figured it's time to catch up. Now I immediately remember why I loved this book in the first place.

Rhaknar

Extraordinary X-men was a lot of fun! That last page gives me some good 90's cheese vibes, and I love that.

Spoil me pls, last thing you huys told me about it was the half hybrid Cyclops. I need to live through you guys for another 6 months and you are failing me >_<

Rhaknar

OK I'm just going to link you to the page without saying anything first. Curious to see your reaction :p

http://imgur.com/hqTKzdg

...whut? o_O

Is that
Colossus
Deadpool
and...err... who's the
woman
? And that looks like a
Venom-y thing in the background but I know Flash is in space so what is it
?

Also Ramos is on fucking point in that book, fuck all you for hating him ;_;

...whut? o_O

Is that
Colossus
Deadpool
and...err... who's the
woman
? And that looks like a
?

It's
Moon Knight

Y'all got too used to Lopez, Quinoes and McGuinness

We've grown fat on all these amazing artists.

I liked those character study things Anka did awhile back, and he did some nice redesigns for a CBR article. His stuff in a regular book looks a bit stiff and lifeless though.

Yousefb

...whut? o_O

Is that
Colossus
Deadpool
and...err... who's the
woman
? And that looks like a
?

This particular page is set 1,000 years in the future. it looks like Colossus is Apocalypse and Deadpool, Moonknight, and Venom are his horsemen. I'm not sure why Moonknight is a female, maybe the mantle was passed?and I'm assuming Colossus is not the 4th Horseman because of the fact that he says "to me my horsemen."
Basically in the present day Storm sends Colossus and the young mutants to Japan yo investigate what appears to be a lot of mutant activity. When they arrive Colossus and the rest find Sugar Man (a villain from another dimension I guess never heard of him) who has cultivated 600 mutant embryos and plans to transport to the future so they avoid the Terrigen Mists plague. Obviously the catch is that he plans on enslaving these mutants in the future. A battle ensues between Colossus, the young team, and Sugar Man. This causes his machine to fire out of control and sends em all to the future. The rest of the Xmen are informed about what happened via Cerebra and they embark on a mission to save their friends from the future. Cerebra somehow bends space time and sends Storm, Logan, Kurt, Jean, and Bobby whIle Ilyana is ordered to stay behind to protect the school. When they arrive in the future they find a desolate and destroyed NYC. They bump into grown up versions of the young mutants that disappeared but Colossus was still missing. That leads to the reveal with the Horseman.

Calcium

Banned

I agree completely. I really wish they'd just make their own characters and have a huge adventure story without having to worry about fitting it into the movie continuity. There is so much potential for greatness and they are just playing it safe.

OK I'm just going to link you to the page without saying anything first. Curious to see your reaction :p

http://imgur.com/hqTKzdg

Wow, those are some interesting
Horsemen
picks. I look forward to reading Extraordinary eventually.

Rhaknar

This particular page is set 1,000 years in the future. it looks like Colossus is Apocalypse and Deadpool, Moonknight, and Venom are his horsemen. I'm not sure why Moonknight is a female, maybe the mantle was passed?and I'm assuming Colossus is not the 4th Horseman because of the fact that he says "to me my horsemen."
Basically in the present day Storm sends Colossus and the young mutants to Japan yo investigate what appears to be a lot of mutant activity. When they arrive Colossus and the rest find Sugar Man (a villain from another dimension I guess never heard of him) who has cultivated 600 mutant embryos and plans to transport to the future so they avoid the Terrigen Mists plague. Obviously the catch is that he plans on enslaving these mutants in the future. A battle ensues between Colossus, the young team, and Sugar Man. This causes his machine to fire out of control and sends em all to the future. The rest of the Xmen are informed about what happened via Cerebra and they embark on a mission to save their friends from the future. Cerebra somehow bends space time and sends Storm, Logan, Kurt, Jean, and Bobby whIle Ilyana is ordered to stay behind to protect the school. When they arrive in the future they find a desolate and destroyed NYC. They bump into grown up versions of the young mutants that disappeared but Colossus was still missing. That leads to the reveal with the Horseman.

I love you

mreddie

Ant Man:
CASSIE HAS POWERS AGAIN! YAY!
Cassie/Kate have good lines and man, it's refreshing to see something outside the WAHHHHH LOSER HERO stuff.
Silk: Someone call Marvel to ditch Ford, unless she works cheaper than Lee, STOP! Lee's covers make me sad that it's the only decent art in it.
Silk hinting that heel turn!
Power Man & Iron Fist: Psych's Shawn and Gus get superpowers and have mischief, they even have the Blueberry but red!
Scarlet Witch : Very good, Emerald Warlock ad Scarlet Witch finally fight and
Wanda meets her momma.

Top Bottom