• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Messi

I would love for this event to rule just to see all the crow getting eaten. Then again no one art their crow after Secret Wars so why would I expect any different from this.

Messi

Getting that cover money. Hopefully he has decided to stop writing.

Would love to see him do interiors on a book I might read. I didn't read Fight Club 2 (Never seen Fight Club) but what little of his art I had seen was great as usual.

Tried to join with freeza in the division but it didn't happen. :(

First Freeza rejected my invite, then when I joined his mission. It wouldn't let me fast travel. Once I got close he left. Maybe next time. (PSN ID DarkKnight77)

First Freeaza rejected my invite, then when I joined his mission. It wouldn't let me fast travel. Once I got close he left. Maybe next time. (PSN ID DarkKnight77)

Heh, I was looking for a prompt to accept the invite, but it didn't tell me what to press. :(

Also, I was in the middle of a boss fight I ended up just getting too frustrated with. I have to level a bit more.

Zombine

Banned
Fans are like:

I hope Warren Ellis' book doesn't get pulled into Civil War 2.

Marvel are like:

giphy.gif

Messi

First Freeza rejected my invite, then when I joined his mission. It wouldn't let me fast travel. Once I got close he left. Maybe next time. (PSN ID DarkKnight77)

Typical behaviour from someone of Freeza's class. Maybe she shouldn't be so rude and maybe give you a reason for not wanting to play.

Zombine

Banned
I will legit play anything with anyone if you actually talk. Don't be a Launchpad and pretend you own a mic but it's broken.

And people seriously ask why the the team out of Bendis Favorites arent the shitty Pro-Pre-Crime facists

Bendis is the worst.

Nonsense. He's written some really good stuff. His Daredevil run with Maleev, as well as Powers and Scarlet are some of my favorite comics. He just has a lot of mediocre books to his credit as well.

Calcium

Banned
Also, I was in the middle of a boss fight I ended up just getting too frustrated with. I have to level a bit more.

Shoot him in the face. I'm not even posting an obvious reply to be an asshole. Headshots are where it's at for taking down elites. My primary weapon does ~30K DPS and my marksman rifle secondary is ~20K, even with the lower damage it's still easier to take down armor with shots to the noggin. Uh...comics.

Messi

I will legit play anything with anyone if you actually talk. Don't be a Launchpad and pretend you own a mic but it's broken.

says the fucker who refused to use a mic when talking Black Ops 2 with me. Bit hypocritical m8. I would expect this out of Grandharrier but not you.

The first International Iron Man issue was really good IMO. Maleevs art was lovely.

Zombine

Banned
Bendis is so damn good:

Scarlet
Daredevil
Ultimate Spider-Man
Alias
Powers
Moon Knight
Uncanny X-Men
All New X-Men
Invincible Iron Man

says the fucker who refused to use a mic when talking Black Ops 2 with me. Bit hypocritical m8. I would expect this out of Grandharrier but not you.

The first International Iron Man issue was really good IMO. Maleevs art was lovely.

You didn't have your mic plugged in m8

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Nonsense. He's written some really good stuff. His Daredevil run with Maleev, as well as Powers and Scarlet are some of my favorite comics. He just has a lot of mediocre books to his credit as well.
I dont think a writer is good when you can see clearly that he pulls such a fanboy move.

Also, there is a differnce between was good on Daredevil (past tense,on which I clearly agreed, see my posts over the last couple of weeks) and present tense. I admit, Iron Man seems better again but he seems miles away from his old quality according to the people in this thread, which also doesnt have so much to mean since we shit on everything and like nothing.

Messi

Bendis is so damn good:

Scarlet
Daredevil
Ultimate Spider-Man
Alias
Powers
Moon Knight
Uncanny X-Men
All New X-Men
Invincible Iron Man

You didn't have your mic plugged in m8

That is bullshit. I always have my mic on. You said you didn't have one as it distracts you from being MLG.

I dont think a writer is good when you can see clearly that he pulls such a fanboy move.

Also, there is a differnce between was good on Daredevil (past tense,on which I clearly agreed, see my posts over the last couple of weeks) and present tense. I admit, Iron Man seems better again but he seems miles away from his old quality according to the people in this thread, which also doesnt have so much to mean since we shit on everything and like nothing.

This isn't being fair to him. All his miles stuff has been great and he has just come off writing two long runs on two X-Men books that ranged from decent to really fucking good in parts.

Also don't agree that we shit on everything and like nothing. That isnt being fair either.

Messi

You gonna explain how you listed all that great Bendis stuff and you left out Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate Miles-Man

I would love some more of these apparently shit titles like All New and Uncanny X-Men. Especially if it means we get less of the current X-Men books.

Do you guys really feel like X-Men are in a better place bookwise now that Bendis runs are over? Like really?

Owzers

Isn't that similar to how Marvel usually makes those kind of decisions? Just leave it up to a debate?

People probably thought Cap's side was going to win the original event as well.

people joked that the sides weren't thought out, but it is more fun to hear them say they didn't really debate what side people would be on.

I don't think there would be any crow eating on Secret Wars Messi, it wasn't THAT good to justify it if people thought it was going to be awful. I don't remember what i thought about the event beforehand, i presume i thought it would be average like the majority of Hickman's way-too-long Avengers/New Avengers run. Again, near 80 issues and what? Map makers and god doom, i think the run will be remembered for existing more-so than being a must-read. If someone asks for a Hickman recommendation it would go " Definitely check out East of West, it's been a great sprawling story so far with scheming factions. Also if you have to read something from Marvel you could try his Avengers/New Avengers i guess if you really want to..."

He's rubbish on anything where he has to juggle more than a handful of characters, or anything with a lot of voices that are different from his. He wrote Avengers for almost a decade and he ran out of steam after about a year. Literally the first question he asked when he got the gig was "Who am I allowed to kill?"

Shoot him in the face. I'm not even posting an obvious reply to be an asshole. Headshots are where it's at for taking down elites. My primary weapon does ~30K DPS and my marksman rifle secondary is ~20K, even with the lower damage it's still easier to take down armor with shots to the noggin. Uh...comics.

Oh, no, I know that. But it was a bad cover situation and too many enemies, at least taking my current level into consideration.

I literally do not own a mic. I play so few MP games, I never felt the need.

Do you guys really feel like X-Men are in a better place bookwise now that Bendis runs are over? Like really?

No way. Bendis Uncanny was the shit. All-New lost me a bit toward the end, but I loved every bit of Uncanny.

Current crop of X-books are meh.

Calcium

Banned
He's rubbish on anything where he has to juggle more than a handful of characters, or anything with a lot of voices that are different from his

Exactly this. Bendis can be a good writer, but team books just aren't his thing.

Oh, no, I know that. But it was a bad cover situation and too many enemies, at least taking my current level into consideration.

Ah, gotcha. We've all been there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Messi is hardly a barrometer for quality, he likes everything, he's worse than me in that sense o_O

Messi

I literally do not own a mic. I play so few MP games, I never felt the need.

No way. Bendis Uncanny was the shit. All-New lost me a bit toward the end, but I loved every bit of Uncanny.

Current crop of X-books are meh.

This might be the understatement of the year. I finish these books every week and think to my self...why am I still buying this? The only one I look forward to is Wolverine. I was never like that with Bendis X titles. I loved them most months and couldn't wait for more. So much so I went and spent nearly a grand on 5 pages from it and tbh that isn't done yet. I will still buy a page or two from all new.

Messi is hardly a barrometer for quality, he likes everything, he's worse than me in that sense o_O

buying everything =/= liking everything.

I just don't feel the need to talk about books I didn't like if they didn't really piss me off. I also can't post about every book when I am pulling 30 books a week. I read so many books that I think are average or not worth my time....like the X-men books or the current Daredevil book.

Heres some crap books I pull, Hercules, Agents of Shield, Howling Commandos of Shield, Scarlet Witch, All the X titles that arent Wolverine

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The stuff you guys told about the last issues of Miles Man before Secret Wars started with Peter returning and everything sounded like he jumped the shark pretty hard.
And I am not even sure why I have started buying his X-Men OHCs. Most likely because I liked the Magic arc in the beginning of Uncanny and its interconnected.

And I think its unfair to call ourself negativ as fuck. I wont exclude myself from it, but most of this thread is currently laughing at teasers.

And good to see that the Secret Wars denying already started, I remember how we all loved the Tie-Ins and the Main Series last summer. Books problem was maybe that it was delayed to long. Maybe thats what made people here annoyed at the whole thing.

This might be the understatement of the year. I finish these books every week and think to my self...why am I still buying this? The only one I look forward to is Wolverine. I was never like that with Bendis X titles. I loved them most months and couldn't wait for more. So much so I went and spent nearly a grand on 5 pages from it and tbh that isn't done yet. I will still buy a page or two from all new.

Yeah, I mean, I love the X-Men franchise, but I just have no motivation to read any of the current books. Put Bendis and not-Land on Uncanny, and I'll read the shit out of it. I really love the team roster they have there. Extraordinary started out really fun for the first couple issues, but that one went downhill quick.

I still have to catch-up on Wolverine and Spider-Woman, but they're definitely on my list.

Messi

The stuff you guys told about the last issues of Miles Man before Secret Wars started with Peter returning and everything sounded like he jumped the shark pretty hard.
And I am not even sure why I have started buying his X-Men OHCs. Most likely because I liked the Magic arc in the beginning of Uncanny and its interconnected.

And I think its unfair to call ourself negativ as fuck. I wont exclude myself from it, but most of this thread is currently laughing at teasers.

And good to see that the Secret Wars denying already started, I remember how we all loved the Tie-Ins and the Main Series last summer. Books problem was maybe that it was delayed to long. Maybe thats what made people here annoyed at the whole thing.

The peter being back stuff was only a few issues. That doesn't invalidate the rest of his work on the book. Also that stuff with peter was fun at the very least. You didn't want to see Miles and Peter team up? such a cool comic book thing.

Messi

Uncannys Line-Up is so wasted with the current team. It is infuriating. I was so hyped for that line up before I seen the creative team. Now I am sad.

Did I read correctly Gold-Balls will be showing up in Miles-Man? That should be hilarious.

Uncannys Line-Up is so wasted with the current team. It is infuriating. I was so hyped for that line up before I seen the creative team. Now I am sad.

Never have my hype-levels dropped so quickly as when I saw the creative team for the current Uncanny X-Men book.

Owzers

And good to see that the Secret Wars denying already started, I remember how we all loved the Tie-Ins and the Main Series last summer. Books problem was maybe that it was delayed to long. Maybe thats what made people here annoyed at the whole thing.[

I'm not going to sit back and be quiet while you accuse people of liking things.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The peter being back stuff was only a few issues. That doesn't invalidate the rest of his work on the book. Also that stuff with peter was fun at the very least. You didn't want to see Miles and Peter team up? such a cool comic book thing.
He did this with Spider-Men in a way that didnt made me shake my head at the explanation that peter was "keept somewhere" after he pronounced that he is officially out of ideas when he would bring him back. I really didnt needed a Ultimate Peter Parker/Miles Team Up, since it absolutly broke his Death of Spider-Man story which I consider perfect and one of my favorite modern Spider-Man stories. One of the Books that really left me with a bad feeling behind and I am just sad that he had to do this in the last breaths of his run.

But I have to admit that your love for his X-Men books often make me want to start reading it, but its not yet finished in OHCs so I havent taken it out of the shelf.

Top Bottom