• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

I am actually legit stunned they didn't just sweep that book under the rug and pretend they never announced it.

Cd9Cf02XEAAw7oj.jpg

I am excite.

Messi

Messi, have you still the Soci Texts? :D

some

COMIC GAF: CIVIL WAR #1 (of 12)
RAFA & LIONEL MANDRAKE (W) • KIPP (A/C)
VARIANT COVERS BY AMANDA CONNER, GREG LAND, FRANK QUITELY, JOHN CASSADAY
BISH.GIF VARIANT COVER BY THE OT
• THE VOTES ARE IN!
• THE SHOCKING FATE OF MESSI! HARLEY FAN NO MORE?
• KORUPTDATA MAKES A SHOCKING DECISION!
• WHEN THE DUST SETTLES.....COMIC GAF WILL NEVER BE THE SAME (AGAIN!)
• CAPS!
32 PGS/Rated LEWD....$4.99

CIVIL WAR: FRONT PAGE #1 (of 8)
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • SARA PICHELLI (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY KIPP
• "All I wanted was to talk comics."
• WHAT IS PROJECT D.I.S.C.U.S.S.I.O.N.?
• HOW DOES IT RELATE TO GEKETTER, THE CHARACTER FIND OF 2014?
• AND HOW WILL IT ROCK COMICGAF TO ITS CORE?
• PLUS: SPIKE ANSWERS HIS CRITICS (AND HE'S NOT HAPPY!)
32 Pgs/Rated LEWD....$4.99

'MAZING MESSI #997 (W)
ANN NOCENTI (W) • AMANDA CONNER (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY FRANK QUITELY
"LEWD LOVE" PART ONE - A COMICGAF CIVIL WAR CHAPTER
• 10% OF COMICGAF, BUT 90% OF OUR HEARTS
• HE VOTES FOR WHAT HE BELIEVES IN
• BUT CAN HE CHOOSE BETWEEN THE COMICS HE LOVES AND THE STATUES HE DESIRES?
• AND WHAT WILL HE DO....WITH ONE MORE MISTAH J?
32 Pgs/Rated LEWD....Drawing the Line at $2.99

Our comicgaf publishing arm is trying the 4.99 route it seems lol

arkon

Finished the Young Justice series. That was good stuff, marred by the occasional crossover which I didn't have issues of (Impulse, Supergirl, Superboy) leaving it feeling disjointed and uneven in places. Enjoyed the humour throughout and the callbacks to previous issues. Like the Chrismas issue with the ever expanding scroll of text, which hit the mark (I was a bit miffed at the "laziness" of it as I was reading). Artwork became more palatable too. They really should reprint this in a couple of fat paperbacks.

Owzers

Ugh, not again. He knows, guys. Gonna have to reboot. This time don't let him misplace the damn Gamora avatar.

Comics-gaf will never be the same again...this time for real.

Far Cry Primal - i haven't cared enough to get back into it. There's a jungley area. There are wolves. I don't care.

Ms Marvel #12 - though a one-off-ish issue, Loki coming down for some teen chaos was amusing

Started Rachel Rising vol 2, it's still prettttty good.

Owzers

If you don't like jungles, you are playing the wrong franchise.

It's not so much that there is a jungle but that it feels like the jungle is the game." We made this jungle, we're done, you go do some random stuff okay but don't get into too much trouble." I don't like these types of games and i know that which is why i rented this one and bought Far Cry 4 for $8 but never played it and got bored of Far Cry 3 before i finished.

i'm hopeful for Dark Souls 3 but apprehensive at all these dark souls games piling up and I wonder if i'm going to start to get bored with them. The loading times better not be ps4 bloodborne levels...

i'm hopeful for Dark Souls 3 but apprehensive at all these dark souls games piling up and I wonder if i'm going to start to get bored with them. The loading times better not be ps4 bloodborne levels...

I think I'm starting to get tired of them, honestly. Dark Souls III may be my last unless they change things up after this one. Though I have an interest in Ni-oh, which is a Dark Souls style game from Team Ninja, only with a samurai theme as opposed to the medieval fantasy that From's games are steeped in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How many crazy girlfriends has Matt Murdock had?

Owzers

All i associate Brubaker's run with is " MILAAAAA!"

Iron Fist: Living Weapon #6: I would rather have hijinx, this book is a mess. I remember dropping it at issue #5 monthly as part of the purge but i'm giving it another shot on MU and it's not changing my opinion.

I'm watching the first Hobbit movie on tv, they are so blah that i have forgotten if i saw the third or there was a third.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Milla the one in the asylum?

Typhoid Mary - Batshit crazy
Elektra - at the very least unhinged. Also dead at one point
Karen - dead. And a junkie. And a sellout.

Is Kirsten the only decent woman Matt got with lol

VanWinkle

Read the first few issues of this:

I had said that I was very worried as to whether I would be able to stand the writing, being that it was written almost fifty years ago, but I'm loving it. I'm so relieved. I just decided to go into with an open mind and keeping conscious of the fact that it's a product of the times, and it's great. Granted, the recolored art does make it easier for me to take, being that I'm such a new comics reader.

The first two issues were VERY silly, from World's Finest Comics, but I enjoyed them a lot. Again, the modern-looking art helped. The third issue that I left on suddenly had a very nice upswing in writing quality which apparently more sets the tone for the rest of the omnibus.

ElNarez

Banned
All i associate Brubaker's run with is " MILAAAAA!"

Iron Fist: Living Weapon #6: I would rather have hijinx, this book is a mess. I remember dropping it at issue #5 monthly as part of the purge but i'm giving it another shot on MU and it's not changing my opinion.

That the Kaare Andrews one?

List!

Totally Awesome Hulk #4
Ultimates #5
Prison School Vol.3

Ummmmm.......that's it. Guess I'll put together another IST order for this week.

Marvel....please...please....please
OH GOD PLEASE
From what little of A-Force I read she writes her like a brute who wants to hit everything.
She's not that way in Ultimates
No way. Bendis Uncanny was the shit. All-New lost me a bit toward the end, but I loved every bit of Uncanny.

Current crop of X-books are meh.
Speak truth
Uncannys Line-Up is so wasted with the current team. It is infuriating. I was so hyped for that line up before I seen the creative team. Now I am sad.

Did I read correctly Gold-Balls will be showing up in Miles-Man? That should be hilarious.
True but also WHERE IS MY AMAZING X BOOK?!

Astonishing X-Men
Emma Frost
Cuckoos
Tempus
Goldballs
Hijack
Triage
Chameleon dude (fucking forget his name)

Seriously. Book should exist.
I resubbed to MU and read the Demon Bear arc from New Mutants, which was good. Art is fuckin great though, i believe this is the proper first Bill Sienkewicz comic i've read. Weird that they go out of their way with the subplot/ending of the cop and the nurse becoming Indians permanently though and then reaffirm that it's permanent a few pages later
If you like New Mutants, read Yost and Kyle's X-Force. Basically a stealth New Mutants book.

Afua Richardson doing Blade, oh Blade book still alive I guess.
Sick
But no less true.

Milla got off easy.
Did she go crazy and/or die?

IrishNinja

Gotta bring Tommy Monaghan back one of these days

i wanna cosign the shit out of this, but im honestly at a point where i don't know if ennis still has the chops to write something as enjoyable & at times compelling as that was

the boys was comparatively mediocre as hell, i thought

shingi70

Banned
i wanna cosign the shit out of this, but im honestly at a point where i don't know if ennis still has the chops to write something as enjoyable & at times compelling as that was

the boys was comparatively mediocre as hell, i thought

Ennis's WWII work is really good, but it helps that he loves that period of time, so its treated respectively

How were the those books he did for Marvel and DC last year?.

Zombine

Banned
So I'm looking for Daredevil comics...something with Guardians of the Galaxy and Jessica Jones. Is Alias a good book? I just got Civil War at Barnes & Noble, can't wait to dig in.

Why is Hawkeye Iron Fist? How come he isn't Asian? Avengers is a good movie. Will someone make me a Chris Pratt head avatar?

Look at my groot bobble head.

Wanna go to Hot Topic?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So I'm looking for Daredevil comics...something with Guardians of the Galaxy and Jessica Jones. Is Alias a good book? I just got Civil War at Barnes & Noble, can't wait to dig in.

Why is Hawkeye Iron Fist? How come he isn't Asian? Avengers is a good movie. Will someone make me a Chris Pratt head avatar?

Look at my groot bobble head.

Wanna go to Hot Topic?
Kids, dont do drugs

Top Bottom