• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Zombine

Banned
Even I dropped that shit.

That issue was genuinely exciting and it promised a ton of amazing things. Then it turned to shit and the only reason I kept reading was for Dodson. Then when Wilson jumped on and the first issue was about a fuckin tornado at the beach I peaced out.

ANAD Inhumans franchise books are the X-Men books I enjoy now.

Zombine

Banned
brian wood comics

IN 2013

Change_the_Future.jpg

Zombine

Banned
I'll be honest, I really enjoy these Netflix marvel shows, but what I don't like is that they take 11-13 episodes to
finally bring a character closer to their comic counterpart. It took 12 episodes for Frank to become "The Punisher."

13 for Matt to get his expandable dong

And 13 for Elektra to get whatever the fuck she's gonna get.

Messi

I read The discipline #1. What a really disturbing comic and not in a good way. Made me thoroughly uncomfortable. Won't be picking up more.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'll be honest, I really enjoy these Netflix marvel shows, but what I don't like is that they take 11-13 episodes to
finally bring a character closer to their comic counterpart. It took 12 episodes for Frank to become "The Punisher."

13 for Matt to get his expandable dong

And 13 for Elektra to get whatever the fuck she's gonna get.

What do you think about the The Hand stuff?

Loved when Matt
finally got his stick-thingy

Zombine

Banned
What do you think about the The Hand stuff?

Loved when Matt
finally got his stick-thingy

Expandable dong.

I read The discipline #1. What a really disturbing comic and not in a good way. Made me thoroughly uncomfortable. Won't be picking up more.

I was disturbed because it's a shit book with some of the worst dialogue in 2016.

"It's that thing we girls do sometimes when we're alone..."

^ Hands down one of the worst lines of 2016, if not all god damn time. What a fucking loser lol. That was about as unbelievable as a Zach Snyder sex scene.

Messi

I did that thing... that us girls sometimes do

Wat.

Right after the main character has been felt up in an art gallery.

Nope.

Also the demon that spits on her near the end. It's clearly meant to be semen an he didn't have the balls to actually write it. Absolutely disgusting.

Zombine

Banned
I did that thing... that us girls sometimes do

Wat.

Right after the main character has been felt up in an art gallery.

Nope.

Yeah. It was pretty trash.

I still don't know why we haven't got a look through Matt's eyes yet. It can't be that expensive. I bet they're saving it for episode 13 of season 3...

Messi

Yeah. It was pretty trash.

I still don't know why we haven't got a look through Matt's eyes yet. It can't be that expensive. I bet they're saving it for episode 3 of season 3...

There was a reason the book only had a single page preview. The rest is trash.

Zombine

Banned
Episode13.

WOW. REALLY?

Fuckin' really?

Just wow.

They're really going to have that no-name dude kill Elektra and not Bullseye? Are you seriously fucking kidding me?

Really wtf Netflix and Marvel TV. Beyond squandered potential.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wouldn't it be dope if they just randomly dropped in one of the big heros without telling anyone. But knowing marvel it would have had 10 trailers and press releases.
Dont be that sure.

Episode13.

WOW. REALLY?

Fuckin' really?

Just wow.

They're really going to have that no-name dude kill Elektra and not Bullseye? Are you seriously fucking kidding me?

Really wtf Netflix and Marvel TV. Beyond squandered potential.
Dude.

Because they didnt made it clear that the Hand is big in making dead people life again and especially Elektra never returned from the dead

Zombine

Banned
Dont be that sure.

Dude.

Because they didnt made it clear that the Hand is big in making dead people life again and especially Elektra never returned from the dead

I know. My problem was that
the season was pretty damn bland in the villain department, and it would have been nice that if they were going to go for it, they should have had Bullseye this season. It was relatively empty in this department and would have made perfect sense to include him. I was legit bored for like 3 episodes straight.

There was a bunch of wheel spinning this season, and to go for that moment now was weird.

Like, can you
honestly say you gave a shit about Ninja Zombie?
Because I can't.

IGN 7/10

Messi

Messi list of then. now. forever

Batman #50
Batman and Robin Eternal #25
Deathstroke #16
Grayson #18
Harley Quinn #26
Secret Six #12
We are Robin #10

Cry Havoc #3
Mirror #2
Sons of the devil #6

Delete #1
Dr Mirage #4
Superzero #4

All-New All Different Avengers #7
All-New Hawkeye #5
Angela #6
Carnage #6
Contest of Champions #6
Howling Commandos of Shield #6
Hyperion #1
Illuminati #5
New Avengers #8
Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat #4
Totally Awesome Hulk #4
Ultimates #5
Uncanny X-Men #5
Venom Space Knight #5
Worst X-Man Ever #2

Trades :

Robin Son of Batman HC Vol 1
Starfire Vol 1
Civil War Runaways and Young Avengers

Decent week. Smaller than usual.

shingi70

Banned
Re:Daredevil

Nobu Killing Elektra was pretty lame.
. I'm guessing next season will be. Grab bag of Born Again and maybe Shadowland.

Zombine

Banned
Captain Marvel looks terrible.
But it looks like I need to go watch Daredevil to know what's being talked about in here now. 2 seasons shouldnt take too long to blow through.

Cap is absolutely inspired by Gwendoline Christie

christie-top-gwendoline-christie-s-star-wars-episode-7-role-revealed-jpeg-102849.jpg

#gotem
#gotseason6

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I know. My problem was that
the season was pretty damn bland in the villain department, and it would have been nice that if they were going to go for it, they should have had Bullseye this season. It was relatively empty in this department and would have made perfect sense to include him. I was legit bored for like 3 episodes straight.

There was a bunch of wheel spinning this season, and to go for that moment now was weird.

Like, can you
honestly say you gave a shit about Ninja Zombie?
Because I can't.

IGN 7/10

I didnt cared that much for Nobu but was more for the Hand. But yes, a real Villain was missed, but that didnt made everything that much worse for me.

And oh man, how I loved when Fisk returned. Completly unexpected. I was like "fuck yes!"

Zombine

Banned
I didnt cared that much for Nobu but was more for the Hand. But yes, a real Villain was missed, but that didnt made everything that much worse for me.

And oh man, how I loved when Fisk returned. Completly unexpected. I was like "fuck yes!"

Fisk was a breath of fresh air this season. Love how they aren't afraid to go the super-strength route with him.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is the X-Men First Class OHC something I want to read? I get it for 5 bucks.

Fisk was a breath of fresh air this season. Love how they aren't afraid to go the super-strength route with him.
And I give them huge credit that they didnt showed him in the trailer

Also Bullseye is way to big to waste him in such a populated season. Introduce him in Season 3. And let him destroy Matts life. And maybe do Born Again while at it.

CROUCHING LIST HIDDEN POODLE

-We Are Robin #10
-Lois & Clark #6
-Secret Six #12
-JL 3K1 #10
-Grayson #18
-Batman & Robin Eternal #25
-And finally, the coup de grace, Batman #50. It's on bitches.

------------

Someone here was saying Cyborg improved, I might get caught back up on that if only because the cover is interesting this time around.

gabbo

Cap is absolutely inspired by Gwendoline Christie

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/image/upload/c_fill,h_1065,w_1600/t_mp_quality/christie-top-gwendoline-christie-s-star-wars-episode-7-role-revealed-jpeg-102849.jpg[img]

#gotem
#gotseason6[/QUOTE]

Going to guess the team behind the main CW2 books is not the ones behind her pre-Secret Wars run/look.
This is the Carol Danver's I know:
[QUOTE][img]http://i.imgur.com/nELnAS7.jpg

frye

man, the crazy thing was that people actually were kinda into that first issue of Brian Wood X-Men

in 2013

Brian Wood! the second most boring writer after Jeff Lemire!

Owzers

I watched the first episode of season 2 daredevil last night, between
the punisher hospital scene and foggy going to the biker club
that was really dumb and I'm past the atmosphere carrying the show.

VanWinkle

Started Batman No Man's Land. The first ~100 pages were a 4-issue arc with Bob Gale and Alex Maleev and it was WONDERFUL. Unfortunately the next issue after that looks terrible in comparison. Very 90s and the reproduction of the art is miserable and so blurry. Oh well. There was an issue or two like that in Cataclysm, as well.

Started Batman No Man's Land. The first ~100 pages were a 4-issue arc with Bob Gale and Alex Maleev and it was WONDERFUL. Unfortunately the next issue after that looks terrible in comparison. Very 90s and the reproduction of the art is miserable and so blurry. Oh well. There was an issue or two like that in Cataclysm, as well.
NML is one of my favorite events ever. Enjoy. I was t looking forward to it when it happened but boy was I surprised when it started rolling out. Enjoy the Rucka two face issues

IT'S A NEW LIST YES IT IS!

All-New All-Different Avengers #7
Batman #50
Contest of Champions #6
Death Defying Dr. Mirage: Second Lives #4 of 4
G.I. Joe Deviations One-Shot
New Avengers #8
Secret Six #12
Star Wars #17
Superman: Lois & Clark #6

VanWinkle

NML is one of my favorite events ever. Enjoy. I was t looking forward to it when it happened but boy was I surprised when it started rolling out. Enjoy the Rucka two face issues

Nice. I'm loving it so far. I still need to get the last three volumes, but I'll get around to that. Only 1/5th of the way into this first volume.

Question to you: Was Bruce Wayne: Murderer? and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive written BEFORE NML or after? It's not a big deal since they don't connect as far as I know, but I was just curious.

Owzers

Zatanna batman animated series figure comes out at the end of the month, i'm feeling optimistic about the quality when i get it from dcbs.

Nice. I'm loving it so far. I still need to get the last three volumes, but I'll get around to that. Only 1/5th of the way into this first volume.

Question to you: Was Bruce Wayne: Murderer? and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive written BEFORE NML or after? It's not a big deal since they don't connect as far as I know, but I was just curious.
It was after

I can't speak for Jessica Jones as I still haven't seen it, but I love what they've done with Daredevil. Best comic related show by a mile.

Haven't watched Daredevil S2 yet, but I was really disappointed by S1. It had an AMAZING start, and then it flopped the landing so damn hard. JJ had a similar issue, though not to the same degree (in either direction).

kek

I think. Is this a joke on me or what? Because if it's calling out my rampant DC fanboyism it's p. funny.

Top Bottom