• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Deadpool #13 to feature four-part crossover in one issue.

DEADPOOL #13 – A FOUR-ISSUE CROSSOVER IN ONE ISSUE!
GERRY DUGGAN, CHARLES SOULE, & DAVID WALKER (W)
TBD (A)
COVER BY FRANCISCO HERRERA

An all-new epic four-issue crossover in one package! This issue of Deadpool (lucky number 13) LITERALLY contains two issues of DEADPOOL, one issue of DAREDEVIL, and one issue of POWER MAN & IRON FIST! When Deadpool take a gig protecting a banker who betrayed his cartel partners, they seek the help of Assistant District Attorney Matt Murdock, who calls in the assistance (and fists) of Power Man Luke Cage and Danny Rand, master of the Iron Fist! A mega-violent, street-level, face-punching, gut-busting, kung-fuing, ninjitsuing crime story guaranteed to knock your teeth out!

Bringing together the writers of the DEADPOOL, DAREDEVIL, and POWER MAN & IRON FIST series: Gerry Duggan, Charles Soule, and David Walker!

I am into some weird shit but that is not for me

W5LdI7O.gif

jackdoe

Those DC double shipped issues are going to be a pain for someone who collects in trade format and likes the art from an arc to be consistently from one artist. Unless they give their artists mad lead time, we're going to have at least two different artists on each arc.

Daniel Clowes' interview about Patience, his older works and his work style in general.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/19/adu...that_has_very_clear_moral_boundaries_i_guess/

How long does it take to draw and letter and color a page?

In this book I did them two pages at a time. So all the two-page spreads were done at once, and each of those would take probably four or five days of drawing and then another full day of coloring. So you’re looking at a workweek of each spread. But then there’s all kinds of retooling, redrawing and corrections, all kinds of complicated stuff that adds immense amounts of time to the process.

He also has a few words about super-hero comics that do make him sound like a bit of an ass.

There’s so much to keep up with. Along with comics, underground and otherwise, there are more superhero movies all the time. You’ve been vocal about your frustration with superheroes.

I am laughing at the fact that for years, when we were doing “Eightball” and “Hate” and “Love & Rockets” and stuff, we thought, “What we’re doing is really the mainstream stuff. It’s like comics for adults, that a general audience could read… and only the tiniest niche audience of emotional defectives care about superhero comics.”

So that was our thesis, and then to see with the advent of technology where they could actually make these realistic superhero movies, to see that: No, the entire culture is what the comics shop was in 1985. It repudiates our lofty claims. It says more about our culture than anything else. I’m always kind of saddened when 45-year-old parents of my son’s friends can’t wait to go see “The Avengers.” That shouldn’t be for you. [Laughs]

VanWinkle

Those DC double shipped issues are going to be a pain for someone who collects in trade format and likes the art from an arc to be consistently from one artist. Unless they give their artists mad lead time, we're going to have at least two different artists on each arc.

Agreed. Not a fan.

Damn, that sucks :/

Daniel Clowes' interview about Patience, his older works and his work style in general.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/19/adu...that_has_very_clear_moral_boundaries_i_guess/

He also has a few words about super-hero comics that do make him sound like a bit of an ass.
"Emotional defectives," stay classy.

Top Bottom