• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Lol what is that Lemire shit. It's a bit like trying to impress your new girlfriend by slagging your ex off. Insecurity at Marvel I guess, if that really is how things are going down over there.

Basically...

tumblr_msg105slri1s83ffjo1_4003.gif

If #2 fails, yeah but then again, those Casey isn't much better honestly.

I'm sure the comic can't be a one-to-one representation of the America he originally wrote. It could be a better revitalized version.

mreddie

Lol what is that Lemire shit. It's a bit like trying to impress your new girlfriend by slagging your ex off. Insecurity at Marvel I guess, if that really is how things are going down over there.

Same shit happened with Fraction, KSD and BKV, while they say they are cool with Image, the moment their Image deal gets a deal with Hollywood, they out,

Basically, jumping from WWE to New Japan or IWGP.

Yeah, they worked for the big guys but rather do shit their way.

I'm sure the comic can't be a one-to-one representation of the America he originally wrote. It could be a better revitalized version.

May I remind you that everything people love about Chavez came from Gillian and that Joe preferred her go have no underwear because reasons.

Sandfox

Mark Waid is getting attacked by crazy people on twitter. On dude is trying to justify people sending death threats to creators over twitter.

Also, BC I has an article saying MMM will indeed feature both the originals and legacies with books for those that are interested.

mreddie

Richie Rich BC Rumors

61XRe8cqbSL._AC_UL320_SR312,320_.jpg

As it stands we understand that classic characters will be returned to their traditional roles. Steve Rogers as a non-Hydra Captain America, Tony Stark as Iron Man, Bruce Banner as Hulk, Odinson as Thor, Peter Parker as a non-CEO Spider-Man, Logan as Wolverine, Janet Van Dyne as The Wasp, and all that jazz. We also stated that new versions of those characters, Sam Wilson, Amadeus Cho, Miles Morales, Jane Foster, Laura X-23, Nadia Pym would still be hanging around.

Well, the from buzz from ECCC filtered over to this side of the pond is that Marvel is definitely going to try and have its cake and eat it. With a line of classic hero books pitched firmly with familiar status quos, and the replacements being kept around in their own books, as well.

So expect and Iron Man and an Ironheart comic. A Mighty Thor and a Jane Thor. A Totally Awesome Hulk, an Incredible Hulk and a She-Hulk. Just as you now have an Amazing Spider-Man with Peter Parker and Spider-Man with Miles Morales.

You had me til Logan, no one needs him again for now.

Mark Waid is getting attacked by crazy people on twitter. On dude is trying to justify people sending death threats to creators over twitter.

The hell happened now?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Also, BC I has an article saying MMM will indeed feature both the originals and legacies with books for those that are interested.

That dude think's he is Magneto too

Sandfox

Richie Rich BC Rumors

61XRe8cqbSL._AC_UL320_SR312,320_.jpg

You had me til Logan, no one needs him again for now.

The hell happened now?
Waid, Spencer, and Ross Campbell were commenting on the death threats he has received over the Magneto variant, which he had no control over and then some dude asked them all why they are "playing the victim". Waid said it was because they receiving death threats and then that dude went on a 15 minute rant on why it it's ok to send death threats.

kmfdmpig

I can't even imagine how it would be possible to justify death threats in general, let alone for something based on entertainment.

Messi

Yo no one posted about the big bi weekly Jem event book by Kelly Thompson with art by STACEY LEE and Jen St.Onge.

JEM ON ANOTHER PLANET. MORE KIMBER AND STORMER. LOVELY ARTISTS.

jeminfinite1.jpg

Jem and the Holograms: Infinite #1 (of 3)
Kelly Thompson (w) • Stacey Lee (a & c)
The FIRST-EVER Jem/Misfits Crossover Event begins here and now with “INFINITE PART ONE!” Now a happy quintet, Jem and The Holograms are stronger than ever, which is a good thing because they’re about to embark on an adventure unlike anything they’d ever imagined possible. After a public fight with The Misfits at a charity event, a strangely dressed Techrat shows up and takes them to a whole new world… literally. And it is going to change EVERYTHING.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

jem_misfits.jpg

Jem and the Holograms: The Misfits: Infinite #1 (of 3)
Kelly Thompson (w) • Jenn St-Onge (a & c)
The FIRST EVER Jem/Misfits Crossover Event continues here in “ INFINITE PART TWO!” Never okay with letting Jem and The Holograms steal the spotlight, The Misfits have followed them to this “brave new world” and are shocked by what they find… a world ruled by JEM and powered by Synergy Hologram Technology. WHAT. IS. EVEN. HAPPENING!?!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

This is everything to me right now.

Won't 2+ books/heroes for each big name mean Marvel will still go for overcrowding like they're doing now where even with 30+ more books than DC they're neck and neck? OML is even on 3 team books(Gold, Weapon X and X-Force) and his own solo now!

Messi

Won't 2+ books/heroes for each big name mean Marvel will still go for overcrowding like they're doing now where even with 30+ more books than DC they're neck and neck? OML is even on 3 team books(Gold, Weapon X and X-Force) and his own solo now!

Yes. Marvel don't get it.

TheFlow

Banned
Marvel firing Lemire? lol I highly doubt it went down like that.

bruh. that is over kill.

Mindwipe

Yes, and hence most of the younger modern takes will get cancelled, obvs.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Marvel firing Lemire? lol I highly doubt it went down like that.

My problem with that is - Why would he continue to write books for a couple of weeks since we already knew that he leaves for example Old Man Logan for basicly a month now? I dont think if he got fired he would be go out so quietly

Sandfox

I doubt there will be 2+ books for every big hero and Wolverine has been getting the Batman treatment for a long time now. Also, there aren't exactly a ton of big name legacy characters out there to "overcrowd" the line with.

mreddie

I don't think they mean every hero is getting a book.

Basically readjusting things, as said, cutting the fat (no more team books based on 1 character)

Keeping what stuck with ANAD/NOW 2 and combining it with Legacy. Plus, Wolverine had 4 books back in 2014, same as before.

3 Hulk books is insane though. And 2 Peter books with Miles, Gwen, Venom. The Mutant line is back to TOO MUCH levels.

Yes, and hence most of the younger modern takes will get cancelled, obvs.

Same as before NOW 1.0. But Miles, Kamala will stick, Sam might be gone now that USM is over.

Messi

My problem with that is - Why would he continue to write books for a couple of weeks since we already knew that he leaves for example Old Man Logan for basicly a month now? I dont think if he got fired he would be go out so quietly

If it did happen that way, going quietly is the right move professionally. Other companies would be looking at how he deals with it. Or any person. You don't go out shouting back at the company or spilling secrets.

I don't believe he got fired.

Sandfox

I don't think they mean every hero is getting a book.

Basically readjusting things, as said, cutting the fat (no more team books based on 1 character)

Keeping what stuck with ANAD/NOW 2 and combining it with Legacy. Plus, Wolverine had 4 books back in 2014, same as before.

3 Hulk books is insane though. And 2 Peter books with Miles, Gwen, Venom. The Mutant line is back to TOO MUCH levels.
I'm expecting Hulk to end along with some of the X-books like Iceman, and a few of the Spider-books. There are a lot of areas Marvel can cut back on that doesn't revolve around their big heroes and their legacies.

mreddie

If it did happen that way, going quietly is the right move professionally. Other companies would be looking at how he deals with it. Or any person. You don't go out shouting back at the company or spilling secrets.

I don't believe he got fired.

He let his contract expire, there, end of story.

tim1138

Lemire's contract with Marvel expired and he chose not to renew it, there's no big conspiracy or drama. He'd rather do creator owned stuff, simple as that.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Quiet week

Deathstroke #14
Detective Comics #952
Justice League Of America #2
Suicide Squad #13

All-New Wolverine #18
Captain America Steve Rogers #13
Inhumans Vs X-Men #6
Silver Surfer #9

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Holy shit, I was super nervous about seriously going after Ludwig in Bloodborne but now I killed him on the second try.

Fuck man. Amazing game.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Really stuck in Horizon. Trying to kill this moving Death Bringer seems impossible with the firepower I have and if I can't get past this I'm probably done with the game cuz I'm not going through all the bullshit to get to this spot again. The problem is trip wires and traps are 99% useless because you don't have to set anything up before hand. Finding cover doesn't help because it's all destructible and gets destroyed almost as fast as you can get behind it. Even taking the time to heal yourself just gets you shot again. Not sure what to do at this point.

Aizo

Banned
Infinite Loop for the art
Locke & Key
Last year, I bought the first volume of Locke & Key, because I'm really into Horror, but I was pretty disappointed. I didn't like the art, and I found the story to be pretty average. On top of that, I didn't think it was creepy really. Does it improve after volume one, or it's lost on me if I didn't like it before?

Top Bottom