• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Sandfox

The character next to to Rogue is probably Gambit so that should make people happy, especially since he hasn't been in an ongoing in a while.

tim1138

Pls the story is cute if serviceable :(

Like I told you, I loved the concept but the writing wasn't so grwat.

Last year, I bought the first volume of Locke & Key, because I'm really into Horror, but I was pretty disappointed. I didn't like the art, and I found the story to be pretty average. On top of that, I didn't think it was creepy really. Does it improve after volume one, or it's lost on me if I didn't like it before?

If you didn't like volume 1, you probably won't like the rest.

Sandfox

Is all of Old Man Logan worth reading? Which one is best?

Who is writing this?
I'd say they are all worth reading. Most people would probably say the Millar version was the best.

We don't know who is writing the X-book yet. It will likely be revealed later this week.

ILOVEIT.

That's so cool man. Plus, you know when his new ongoing at Image gets cancelled for being SUPER weird, you're helping out with that commission.

Churilla's art for the new HB/BPRD mini looks great:
Yeah I'm really happy with it. Looks even better in person. Need to get it framed along with the sketch I bought from Steve Lieber a while back lol. I'm interested in trying his Image book when it starts.

And you reminded me that I still need to read the last issue of Hellboy and the BPRD 1954. Really enjoying the series so far too.

Sandfox

Thunderbolts is on break during Secret Empire and will return afterwards. Zub says he hopes to pick it back up, but plans are still finalizing.

This is interesting considering what's currently going on in the book and it's connection to Secret Empire. It could come out as something completely different and it would make sense.

If you didn't like volume 1, you probably won't like the rest.

Agreed. Locke and Key is both awesome and consistent. If he doesn't like vol 1, it'd be hard to see what could really happen in further volumes to turn him round.

I'm interested in trying his Image book when it starts.

For sure man. I never got to Intersect purely because it got cancelled so quick, but I'm going to check this one out.

Read King Batman earlier. I'm on board, although I don't feel like I can give too much analysis yet. It's clearly a veeerry different take with the on of Bruce and Alfred compared to the last few years so will need to see more, and it seems a long form thing where none of the villains involved are explained yet as to their motivations, so it's hard to judge the story too much in that regard either. I enjoyed the writing and the tone though in terms of what was there so far, and King asks good questions with his work. He always leaves me mulling things over.

Aizo

Banned
I'd say they are all worth reading. Most people would probably say the Millar version was the best.

We don't know who is writing the X-book yet. It will likely be revealed later this week.

All of OML is incredible.
Dammit. Time to spend more.
I read the first issue of the Miller run once, but I just don't feel like reading Miller right now due to the past few things I've read from him being... not great. I really like him sometimes, but I've grown to understand what people do not like.

Just spotted the continued update unveiling of the x-force team on the last page. Damn, this book looks fun. Of course, no team yet. Obviously a no go but if it was Remender

Messi

Last year, I bought the first volume of Locke & Key, because I'm really into Horror, but I was pretty disappointed. I didn't like the art, and I found the story to be pretty average. On top of that, I didn't think it was creepy really. Does it improve after volume one, or it's lost on me if I didn't like it before?

It's lost on you.

Getting real excited about that X-Force team.

Good team so far apart from Logan. Would buy if it had a digital code.

Chuck Austen's time to shine

Clearly only one man can do this job right (and with no feet)

Robliefeldpic_4678.jpg

we going to disagree on #10. that was hot fire.

I don't mind that his writing is thought provoking and is also social commentary. It goes well with the setting of Wakanda, which has a rich history and BP. gives him depth. I don't think anybody at marvel could of done BP well in a Wakanda background.

Coate is just that good
It's not the content of his writing. I love the content and themes, but I feel he's weak on a mechanical level.

It's not the content of his writing. I love the content and themes, but I feel he's weak on a mechanical level.

Coates literally had to ask G Willow Wilson how to reduce number of panels on twitter.

Love him but writing comics is a specific skill he's still developing. He's a novice but he's a novice with class artists and a careful editor which is usually more than enough to cover for any writing weaknesses

Holy shit, I was super nervous about seriously going after Ludwig in Bloodborne but now I killed him on the second try.

Fuck man. Amazing game.
Favorite boss fight.
Coates literally had to ask G Willow Wilson how to reduce number of panels on twitter.

Love him but writing comics is a specific skill he's still developing. He's a novice but he's a novice with class artists and a careful editor which is usually more than enough to cover for any writing weaknesses
And I get that, but as of now it's gelling with me less and less.
Did not see this coming.
SOLD

FUCKING SOLD

ElNarez

Banned
INT. LATE AFTERNOON - THE REMAINS OF THE LODGE ESTATE

VERONICA is lying on the floor vaping synthetic weed in her underwear. ARCHIE is hitting buttons on a sequencer seemingly at random. BETTY is drawing figures and graphs on the wall with a piece of charcoal.

BETTY
I think I've figured it out.

VERONICA
That they fucked everything up and left us here? Yeah, no shit.

BETTY
I mean, the why of it all.

VERONICA
It's capitalism right? It's always about capitalism.

BETTY
Yeah but look, there's a bigger picture.

BETTY
Archie can you stop with your Röyskopp bullshit for a sec?

ARCHIE, yelling
IT'S AUTECHRE BETTY

BETTY
Whatever, sure

VERONICA starts crying. It's SPIDERS. Also, the mansion was FLOATING INTO 4-D SPACE.

Did not see this coming.

Excuse my ignorance, not really sure how Marvel goes about these things. But would this mean Rouge will be taken out of Uncanny, or could she still be on both team?

The character next to to Rogue is probably Gambit so that should make people happy, especially since he hasn't been in an ongoing in a while.

Watch Magneto be in there too. That would make for some awkward moments.

That said, I never really understood how that Magneto and Rouge thing got to happen. Like I see it mentioned sometimes (I think the last time was Axis) but I can't wrap my head around it. It's probably the kid in me that still draws info from the X-men animated series and movies.

Sandfox

Excuse my ignorance, not really sure how Marvel goes about these things. But would this mean Rouge will be taken out of Uncanny, or could she still be on both team?

Watch Magneto be in there too. That would make for some awkward moments.

That said, I never really understood how that Magneto and Rouge thing got to happen. Like I see it mentioned sometimes (I think the last time was Axis) but I can't wrap my head around it. It's probably the kid in me that still draws info from the X-men animated series and movies.

This doesn't stop Rogue from being in Uncanny Avengers.

aAvCZIL.png

YES PLS

TIM COME MAKE THIS A CAMPAIGN WITH ME

not u Narez I still can't believe u

Omg now Kot on Archie needs to happen. KOT ON ARCHIE!!

In other news, Lemire is fuckin' finally focusing on indie work. YUS. I will buy it all. It wasn't surprising he choose to try his hand at spandex comics. So he made a name for himself doing award-winning indie and serviceable corporate work. Now it's time for him to have some fun out there! Can't wait to see what he does next!

We all know Thunderbolts ain't coming back. Zub will write Uncanny until after SE when it's relaunched at which point he'll be put on a Winter Soldier solo or something.

(I fully expect SE to be resolved like House of M only with Kobik replacing Wanda)

Sandfox

We all know Thunderbolts ain't coming back. Zub will write Uncanny until after SE when it's relaunched at which point he'll be put on a Winter Soldier solo or something.

(I fully expect SE to be resolved like House of M only with Kobik replacing Wanda)
It's coming back, but we don't know if he'll be the writer. It will probably use the legacy numbering and change up the roster.

Top Bottom