• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

God Damn. Only half way through TEC and loving it. This is by far the best thing Tynion has put out at DC by far, both plot and writing. The first issue was mostly set up, totally fine but the rest have just been a total ride. Really feels like they're breaking some of the toys permanently here, particularly on Batwoman's side. Just really exciting stuff. I liked Batman and Nightwing but this is the first one to really up the ante, and feel like something is on the line. Excited to see where all of this goes.

mreddie

Why did everyone sour on Charles Soule? His DC work and she hulk were cool.

Was given the task to kill Wolvie
Given Inhumans after Fraction dipped.
Retconned DDs public identity thing.

Since then
Made Inhumans work to the best he could
She Hulk's best run
Recovered DD
Made a good book with Colt 45 I mean Lando

God Damn. Only half way through TEC and loving it. This is by far the best thing Tynion has put out at DC by far, both plot and writing. The first issue was mostly set up, totally fine but the rest have just been a total ride. Really feels like they're breaking some of the toys permanently here, particularly on Batwoman's side. Just really exciting stuff. I liked Batman and Nightwing but this is the first one to really up the ante, and feel like something is on the line. Excited to see where all of this goes.
Did you read Batman/TMNT before?

Guys, I have a hard choice. I can either order the DC 1000000 Omnibus and Johns' JSA Omnibus 1 or 1000000 and the B&R volumes I'm missing(2-4 since I have 1 on CMX and the others in my shelf). Roughly the same price after shipping.

Anyone that can speak to the physical quality of the JSA one before I fall asleep?

Was given the task to kill Wolvie
Given Inhumans after Fraction dipped.
Retconned DDs public identity thing.

Since then
Made Inhumans work to the best he could
She Hulk's best run
Recovered DD
Made a good book with Colt 45 I mean Lando
I wouldn't consider it the best Shulkie run at all. Byrne is still the defining run for the character and I prefer the current run to Soule's as well. I'd actually go so far as to call Soule's run my least favorite run that I've read for the character.

Did you read Batman/TMNT before?

No actually, I'll cop to not being able to judge that. I'd forgot all about it actually. I'll say then that this is a huuuge step up from where he started, he's really came along. Onto the last issue of the collection now. Unfortunately, the spoiler involved was unavoidable at the time, but still excited to read.

Hagi

Best team book on the market. Excited to start the League of Shadow stuff tomorrow.

Best team book on the market. Excited to start the League of Shadow stuff tomorrow.

Yea, that was great man. I was honestly never big on team books, I just don't think many writers pull it off the well (BPRD is probably my favourite modern day team book) but that was all sorts of great. Did not expect it to be my favourite out of the three trades I've got through so far either. Goosebumps at end too, even in the face of knowing it was coming and the twist.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh wow, that acid issue in Deadly Class was gorgeous.

Wes Craig and Jordan Boyd work so well together.

Hagi

Yea, that was great man. I was honestly never big on team books, I just don't think many writers pull it off the well (BPRD is probably my favourite modern day team book) but that was all sorts of great. Did not expect it to be my favourite out of the three trades I've got through so far either. Goosebumps at end too, even in the face of knowing it was coming and the twist.

I really like the team and their dynamic. A lot of team books I struggle with why are these people even together but here it makes perfect sense even Clayface whose inclusion is a great idea. It's really cool seeing Bruce and Kate together as well. I love Batman and his whole universe.

Wait what about Renew Vows??

What about it?

Messi

I really like the team and their dynamic. A lot of team books I struggle with why are these people even together but here it makes perfect sense even Clayface whose inclusion is a great idea. It's really cool seeing Bruce and Kate together as well. I love Batman and his whole universe.

What about it?

Stegman is on X-Men?

Oh it's X-Men in renew your vows

I totally agree with all that. Not only do does the core plot convince why all the players on the team have assembled, but they are just exciting on panel together. Clayface is really great ha, a really inspired inclusion. Hoping for a bit more of Cawsand rather as a character as we go forward. Some of the stuff that went down was just shocking how much it shook things up for Kate, so this was a great time to dovetail her coming into the fold on a deeper level, and thankfully at a high level. Tynion shows the character a lot of respect

Think I'm going to cancel my Mass Effect preorder and just pick up Nier when ever I eventually get through Horizon. Listened to a bit of the Automata ost today and yea, I need to experience that hah. Now it's just a case of time.

I won Hollow Knight on GAF so I'm going to hopefully be playing that this weekend.

I will more than likely get NieR as well. Sucks there aren't many deals around for it though. Humble looks like the best option.

tim1138

Fuck it. Went with Johns and One Million. Just got a mail saying my NieR copy is in so that's happening tomorrow. See y'all then!

I have all three of the JSA omnibi and the quality is good. They're huge and heavy as fuck, but I didn't have any issues reading any of them.

Messi

April

C6hAIsGV0AEQhh5.jpg

April fools variant

I'm insanely excited for Astonishing, though it is definitely an X-Force team (just like the recent Uncanny). I like Soule as a writer, because I've liked all the ongoings that I've read with him on. Inhuman was dope, Red Lanterns was top tier, and Uncanny Inhumans started strong and then got bogged down by CW2 and the cancellation of All-New Inhumans which forced him to basically be responsible for an entire franchise line. While Death of X was bad, he and Lemire had basically been given a messy damn job, and IvX was a really good attempt at salvaging all that dumb shit and putting it on a course correction.

So yes, I love Soule's writing and I can't wait to see what he does with this upcoming crew.

Actually, I didn't like Daredevil/Punisher. Dropped after the first issue.
WHo will be this year's

Frank McGee
Talk shit but Frank is a cool dude

April

April fools variant

DAAAAAAAAMN

Ross61

Charles Soule is good with me after both Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing. He definitely made a personal all time with Swamp Thing.

Malyse

Conceptually, Everybody Wants to Rule the World would make one hell of a movie.

The Mighty Avengers face an array of their greatest foes-all at once! In Berlin, Captain America battles the forces of Hydra. In the Savage Land, Hawkeye and the Black Widow attempt to foil A.I.M. In Washington, Iron Man fights to stop Ultron. In Siberia, Thor takes on an entire army. And in Madrapor, Bruce Banner and Nick Fury battle the High Evolutionary. Only one thing is certain: This isn't a coincidence. But what larger, deadlier threat lies behind these simultaneous attacks on Earth?

I would love a movie that wound disparate plots into one narrative.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Half naked Olivia in this David Blaine special, thought of Messi.

Sandfox

I just posted it because I thought the Morrison comment was funny. Posting about that stuff doesn't matter either way to me if people would rather not.

Top Bottom