• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Those books will probably be renamed at some point to more classic names to match.

Yea maybe, and Astonishing kind of walks the line between flagship but kind of of it's own doing its own thing. Still, just the way they made a big deal of blue and gold. If they had just relaunched uncanny and self titled, I wouldn't find it jarring. Don't get me wrong though, this book actually interests me, so I'm not complaining.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
They certainly suck at being X-Men movies, but I've enjoyed as many as I haven't.

Enjoyed:
X-Men (it's worse in comparison to the newer ones, but I liked it at the time), X-2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool, Logan

Not Enjoyed:
X3, Origins Wolverine, The Wolverine (I forgot that I'd seen this, which isn't a great sign), Apocalypse

I liked the majority of The Wolverine except the final fight.

If we're doing Xmen movies:

Liked - X2 at the time (not super hot now but did like it then), First Class and Deadpool

Disliked - Original movie, X3, days of future past, apocalypse, both wolverines.

Hoping Logan will live up to the hype, and feeling optimistic.

Sandfox

Interest levels at 0 for me
The end of the roller coaster lol.
Yea maybe, and Astonishing kind of walks the line between flagship but kind of of it's own doing its own thing. Still, just the way they made a big deal of blue and gold. If they had just relaunched uncanny and self titled, I wouldn't find it jarring. Don't get me wrong though, this book actually interests me, so I'm not complaining.

It's certainly an interesting decision on their part.

Hey look! Hugh Jackman in the Wolverine costume!

cnKDVC8.jpg

So Marvel puts all this effort into reviving/rebooting the X-Men line then ends up pissing everyone off before it begins with the end of IvX?

You can't make this shit up.

There's always going to be upset X-fans no matter what.

Doesn't mean this was the only option. That's like giving the book to JT Krul, and if someone is like "Ugh," saying "There's always going to be upset X-Fans no matter what." or electing Trump President, removing basic rights, and saying, "There's always going to be upset Americans no matter what."

It's a true statement, but it's not a valid excuse.

Sandfox

Doesn't mean this was the only option. That's like giving the book to JT Krul, and if someone is like "Ugh," saying "There's always going to be upset X-Fans no matter what." or electing Trump President, removing basic rights, and saying, "There's always going to be upset Americans no matter what."

It's a true statement, but it's not a valid excuse.
I don't feel like comparing X-Men comics to Trump is accurate. There are fans that think the Morrison run is garbage for example and that's the kind of thing I'm referring to.

Also, a lot of the complaints from X-Men fans are dumb like people foaming at the mouth because Moon Girl had a role in helping the mutants.

I don't feel like comparing X-Men comics to Trump is accurate. There are fans that think the Morrison run is garbage for example and that's the kind of thing I'm referring to.

Also, a lot of the complaints from X-Men fans are dumb like people foaming at the mouth because Moon Girl had a role in helping the mutants.

A lot of complaints about allllll sorts of things are dumb (which was my point, not that the current state of the X-Men is like the current state of America) that doesn't mean that MANY OTHER complaints are VALID and UNDUMB.

Sandfox

A lot of complaints about allllll sorts of things are dumb (which was my point, not that the current state of the X-Men is like the current state of America) that doesn't mean that MANY OTHER complaints are VALID and UNDUMB.
Well it's not like I said that the complaints people have now are invalid, just that there are always going to be upset X-fans.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am betting money that the upcoming Goblin arc will have something to do with Norman once again trying to make Peter his heir.

Also I think the chances are high that Norman will take over Parker Industries.

Whats the status of Liz Company? Is it called Alchamex?

I think the issue is that the X-Men franchise has been directionless since Secret Wars and Marvel doesn't know what they want to do with it.

Soule can definitely write as anyone familiar with his great Swamp Thing run can attest. He managed to elevate that Red Lanterns book too.

Why did everyone sour on Charles Soule? His DC work and she hulk were cool.

He's a diamond in the rough and a work horse.

I feel that he gets lumped in with his Inhumans stuff which, let's face it, no one could turn that property into gold.

I've really enjoyed his Daredevil, She Hulk, and a lot of other stuff. He needs to be given an Avengers book or something. Astonishing will probably turn some heads.

Top Bottom